Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-17-2022, 08:17 PM   #1
Elkchester Road
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Near Lexington, KY
Posts: 2,642
To the Supporters of this Insanity

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cdc-ro...rnal-interview

We are going in to year 3 of this "Pandemic"...with still no clear message or plan for the Country.

As an Agency with thousands of employees...to be "coordinated" so poorly, while getting no better during the 2 year duration of this, is absolutely INEXCUSABLE.

This should be one Hell of a wake-up call to those who support Government-sponsored Healthcare. Reasonable people don't need this alarm...people who support Big Government will simply ignore it. Just don't try to tell me the way I think is wrong...when I can clearly see how much of a Cluster**** our Government is.
__________________
Just when you least expect it...just what you least expect-The Pet Shop Boys.

Last edited by Elkchester Road; 01-17-2022 at 08:24 PM.
Elkchester Road is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2022, 08:31 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 77,116
This is my new favorite spam vid:

__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2022, 08:41 PM   #3
Rex Phinney
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 1,699
It's comical to me the way people want so desperately for the government to be their safety net. When will they learn the government doesn't have the answers, they are just bullshitting you into giving them control.


You can't even dream up an entity with a worse track record than the government.


Imagine something like social security, where the government forcible takes taxes from every single wage earner and employer in the land, every year. Then if a retiree dies before collecting the money they paid into the system the government just keeps the difference. And even this the government manages to find a way to f*ck up.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2022, 08:43 PM   #4
thaskalos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 26,911
Two troubling facts have revealed themselves during this pandemic, IMO.

The world's governments are all inept...and the citizens are all helpless against them. "Democracy" my ass.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2022, 08:43 PM   #5
Elkchester Road
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Near Lexington, KY
Posts: 2,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney View Post
It's comical to me the way people want so desperately for the government to be their safety net. When will they learn the government doesn't have the answers, they are just bullshitting you into giving them control.


You can't even dream up an entity with a worse track record than the government.


Imagine something like social security, where the government forcible takes taxes from every single wage earner and employer in the land, every year. Then if a retiree dies before collecting the money they paid into the system the government just keeps the difference. And even this the government manages to find a way to f*ck up.
Exactly.

Exactly.

And...exactly.

Rex Phinney
__________________
Just when you least expect it...just what you least expect-The Pet Shop Boys.
Elkchester Road is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2022, 08:44 PM   #6
Elkchester Road
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Near Lexington, KY
Posts: 2,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Two troubling facts have revealed themselves during this pandemic, IMO.

The world's governments are all inept...and the citizens are all helpless against them. "Democracy" my ass.
I know I'm certainly not going to debate this, thaskalos.
__________________
Just when you least expect it...just what you least expect-The Pet Shop Boys.
Elkchester Road is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2022, 08:47 PM   #7
Elkchester Road
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Near Lexington, KY
Posts: 2,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
This is my new favorite spam vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTwluoSmduQ
And to think there are people who will argue with this until they are out of breath. They will, of course, have used much of that breath saying it was "Trump's fault".
__________________
Just when you least expect it...just what you least expect-The Pet Shop Boys.

Last edited by Elkchester Road; 01-17-2022 at 08:49 PM.
Elkchester Road is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2022, 08:52 PM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 77,116
Still kind of hard to do when more people died of COVID in 2021 compared to 2020...when there was no vaccine...the entire narrative is trash at this point.
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2022, 08:54 PM   #9
thaskalos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 26,911
In Greece, the land where "Democracy" was born...the citizens had to show proof to the "authorities" that they had a valid reason to venture outside of their homes.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2022, 08:57 PM   #10
Elkchester Road
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Near Lexington, KY
Posts: 2,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Still kind of hard to do when more people died of COVID in 2021 compared to 2020...when there was no vaccine...the entire narrative is trash at this point.
Absolutely true, PA. Yet, our "Leaders"...along with mostpost and 46zilzal...talk as if they are time-warp locked in the first year of the Pandemic. I guess that is what they are supposed to do when each passing day since then reveals something that chips away at their Narrative.

Piss on their Narrative.
__________________
Just when you least expect it...just what you least expect-The Pet Shop Boys.
Elkchester Road is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2022, 09:00 PM   #11
davew
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 18,900
there is a plan for the pandemic




soon it will be declared over

and will be endemic forever
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2022, 09:07 PM   #12
Rex Phinney
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
In Greece, the land where "Democracy" was born...the citizens had to show proof to the "authorities" that they had a valid reason to venture outside of their homes.

And yet a huge % of people will go along with this, convinced by the powers that be that it is for the best.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2022, 09:34 PM   #13
rastajenk
Just Deplorable
 
rastajenk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Lebanon, Ohio
Posts: 7,446
And yet, some of you reading this thread still think a federalized horse racing authority is going to deliver some goods.



rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2022, 09:51 PM   #14
thaskalos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 26,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
And yet, some of you reading this thread still think a federalized horse racing authority is going to deliver some goods.



In this regard...things are so screwed up that even the government may be a more worthwhile option.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2022, 11:17 AM   #15
Tom
The Voice of Reason!
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 107,617
More people died of covid under Biden than Trump.
Yet the media stopped the daily death counts.

More people died in Afghanistan under Ombama than Bush.
Yet the media stopped the daily death counts.

Democrats talky but no walky.
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.