Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Old 01-12-2010, 12:10 AM   #1
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Handifast Ver. MT-6

I know I have talked about the Multi Track version for some time, but now the bell is about to ring. As soon as I can find Doug's email address I will send him the program and he can release it.

I am terrible about writing directions on how to use things. But I will try here and so anyone who gets the program and wants to help people figure out how it works that would be great.

First of all. I am still stuck on having a folder like this....C:\horse\data

It's just a quirk of mine. That is where the unzipped data files should go.
You can put the program and all it's files in any folder you want. But it will go look for data files in the above mentioned folder.

Once opened, you will have a picture and title. Click Start and program will load. Main screen appears. At the top there are 6 'Load Track' Buttons. Click...say the first one 'Track One' and a popup window will appear.

On it are three buttons. Create Settings...Load Settings....Default Settings you click on whichever one you want. But before you can click on the load settings you will have to have created a custom setting. Each of the 6 tracks has their own settings. If you click on Create Settings, then another popup box will appear with 20 sliders. You just click on the Red Box and move slider up to number you desire for that column. All are set at zero to begin with....and once you have set them, close the box and your settings will be automatically saved for Track One or Track Two or whichever one you are using.

Once you create a custom setting, the next time you use tack one or whichever you created for, just click on Load Settings and the custome one you made will be auto loaded. If you want just the Default Settings, then click that box and they will be auto loaded.

To change the settings, just click on create settings for whichever of the 6 tracks buttons you are using. The new one will be auto saved.

After choosing a button to click you will automatically be given the chance to select which track you want to handicap. Select the track and the data will load.
At top you will also see a couple of other buttons by the Load Track buttons.

Race.....is a drop down box allowing you to select the race you want.

When you select the race...a scratch box will popup. Make your scratched if there are any and close the box.

T-1..T-2..T-3 etc are radio buttons for toggling between tracks Click on one and you will see the summary...You can then sort by columns if you want. If you are playing multiple tracks and have several summaries open, to move from one to the other, just click the radio button.

CT ...... is another button by each load button. When you are done with a track for the day, you just click on the appropriate CT button and the track will close. You can then load another track in it's place if you want, without closing any other tracks.

That's about it. I think anyway.

Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2010, 05:37 PM   #2
REBel

Talking

Handi,

That's really good news. Sounds like you, Doug and HH are gaining on it. I'm sure the multi-track version is going to draw rave reviews as the users share their different settings and success stories.

Looking forward to it. To all three of you, thanks for your time and efforts.
REBel is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2010, 11:53 PM   #3
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Two things I forgot to mention. The multitrack right now uses Multicaps files and DRF files for race data.

And for those wanting to do some research and testing, you can load the same race card in all six slots and give each it's own custom settings and then see how they do against each other. Or use the default in Track one and then create 5 custom settings in the other 5 track slots.

I sent Doug the program. He will make it available when he can I'm sure.

Handi
Old 01-13-2010, 07:34 AM   #4
douglasw32
douglasw32

WOW, Thats all I can say, this thing is pretty too
It is in the open Directory with the others.

Anyone who finds bugs report back.

http://localpcpros.com/handifast/
Old 01-13-2010, 07:54 AM   #5
douglasw32
douglasw32

Oh and I should mention (And I am sure Handi would agree) this is a new BETA version, meaning it may have things go wrong, or in my case there may be a learning curve =(

I put it out there for everyone to test out.

I did find that on my system things go wrong, not figure wise, but like the window closing, the sort messing up etc.

BUT .... I am used to this sort of stuff since I am rnning a virtual machine of windows on top of linux.

Thats why I need others to download and try it out, it will not nor does it need to replace any of the versions your using now.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:59 AM   #6
Pcon04

Thumbs up

just checking does it make a csv file.I didn't see an option but i only loaded

one track..

thanks
pcon
Pcon04 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2010, 11:59 AM   #7
JimG

i downloaded the newest version and see how to create new track weights but then there is no option to save after I have created them? Only track weights I get get loaded to run were the default. Usually I do not need much instruction to get up and running, but I am not seeing how to save the weights you have created.

Also, what is the button CT-1, etc? Every time I hit it, the program will crash.

Also, I see only 4 horses are listed with their odds calculated and I thought this version was going to list all the horses with their odds calculated.

Thanks,

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2010, 12:02 PM   #8
Pcon04

jimG
did it make a csv file?
Douglas did say he was looking for bugs!!

Pcon
Pcon04 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2010, 12:25 PM   #9
JimG

Update,

I think the new weights are calculating. They are just being displayed with the default weights which is why I thought they were not working. Also, any way to save and give it a new name so we can just pull that up rather than creating each time?

Jim
Old 01-13-2010, 12:30 PM   #10
REBel

JimG,

The CT stands for "close track". A click on the CT closes that card and makes it available for another track.
REBel is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2010, 12:59 PM   #11
JimG

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBel
JimG,

The CT stands for "close track". A click on the CT closes that card and makes it available for another track.
Thanks REBel. I got the hang of it now. Initially, it was not intuitive for me, but I finally read the directions. Anyhow, other than displaying default weights instead of the custom weights when using, failure to create a csv file, and lack of a complete computed oddsline (beyond the initial 4), I would say this is good to go for me. If you get it to read Post Time Daily Files down the road, that would be even better. If that will be a big project let me know where to donate some $$.

Very nice work guys. You three should be very proud of a program that I think outdoes many at getting contenders that can cost well over $100.

Jim

Last edited by JimG; 01-13-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:08 PM   #12
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Hi guys,

Once you create a custom setting for Track one or Track two or whichever one, it is automatically saved and then can be reloaded with the load settings button when you use the track one or two or whichever.

So you click on load track one let's say and popup box opens. If you have created a custom setting for Track 1 in a prior session, you can reload that setting just by clicking the load setting button. It will remain available until you create a new one for Track 1. You don't need to create a new one every time.

And Dougs right in that this is a Beta version. Need users to run it through it's paces and report bugs.

Oh and by the way, I apologize, I forgot to include the other horses and their odds. I was going to do it below the summary and forgot. I will get it in as soon as I can.

Thanks,
Handi
Old 01-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #13
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Pcon,

It does not do csv files yet. Just getting this version out as it stands now was a major programming job in and of itself. But I will be putting the extra horses with odds in very soon and then start the CSV work. That would be putting in HH's csv coding. That will be a chore all on it's own.

Handi

And Jim, I have looked at Post Time info and it is the most awkward way of handling data files I have seen. But that being said I might be able to include the use of those files. It's just going to tak some time in figuring out how to access all the data from all their multiple files.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:41 PM   #14
BIG HIT

Wink Hey guys

Just downloaded hhxv21.Irealize way be hind here if you could tell me will it read tsn files.As would like to try it out on them?.Would like to drag and drop in data folder along with results if they go in same folder.As have them in my equisim prg which back in my drawer lol.
So if it reads tsn files i'am ready.Don't know how you guy's do what you do and for free to boot omg it's unbeliveable.Guess somebody really want to help hdcper good people are out thier who fig this day and age
BIG HIT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2010, 01:42 PM   #15
JimG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handiman

And Jim, I have looked at Post Time info and it is the most awkward way of handling data files I have seen. But that being said I might be able to include the use of those files. It's just going to tak some time in figuring out how to access all the data from all their multiple files.
Thank you. And pm me if a donation is in order for your time on this request.

Also, I presume the display of the wrong Points Assigned (default) is a "bug" as it seems to be calculating my custom factors correctly.

Finally, I look forward to the odds line on all the horses in the race when you get time.

Thanks to you and all the guys!

Jim

Last edited by JimG; 01-13-2010 at 01:44 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: