Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 12-21-2022, 05:28 PM   #1
bigeastbeast

Getting set for 2023

I'm going to be researching 6 factors starting in Jan.I'm particularly looking for differences in outcomes when the factor occurs in a higher class race as opposed to a lower class race and whether the race is a pace or is a trot.

Some of the factors are well established:Cutting the pace,parked the mile,etc. but some are not:gaining three or four places at any time during the race,being last while wide at the three quarters,losing at least one place from the quarter to the half,then making up at least two places by the third quarter,and going evenly in fourth or fifth the last three calls moving either up or down from the half call in races of at least 8 horses.

With the paucity of tracks early on,it should be doable to mark each horse on an index card(old school).

Here goes nothing.
bigeastbeast is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-21-2022, 08:00 PM   #2
Longshot6977

Good luck. Keep us informed of your findings. Sounds like a nice research project.
Can one of your tested factors be Fastest last race time(or 3/4 time)?
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-22-2022, 09:48 AM   #3
bigeastbeast

I never consider time as I am not a handicapper,per se.

The purpose of handicapping should be to find horses that figure to win at the longest possible price.Instead,it's become a process that points out the most logical choice.We know where that winds up.

Another reason why I don't consider time to be important is that I used to run the mile post high school over 50 years ago.My best mile time in practice was 4:19 but I could never break 4:30 in a race.For what that's worth.
bigeastbeast is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: