Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 02-28-2020, 06:43 PM   #16
Raider

Thanks, I have that. I was looking for another way of doing it other than adjusting the pace lines of all the horses in the race. I am looking at the KYD, adjusting all the pace lines to get them to end in the right order, I got down to the first six and stopped. A program that could sim the chart might be useful. I will re read it thought.

Last edited by Raider; 02-28-2020 at 06:45 PM.
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2020, 08:37 PM   #17
Appy

I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about Raider. I NEVER use the cartoonish Simulation thing in ESROI. I do however use the Wizard, which does simulations and the factors it considers for it's simulations are customizable. I love tinkering with that thing. The end result is a (printable) readout of bias settings that can be extremely useful. You can enter the bias setting into your database, so that it weights them when it displays the PP readouts onscreen displays. Makes a great compliment to the custom FVs we depend on.
You want a LOT of data to consider? Just dive into the profiler screen once you have accumulated a decent database. It will blow you away, but it's the choice for those who are sold on large sample size stats.
ESROI6 really is an amazing program.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:57 AM   #18
upthecreek

When I run it , I run 3 different sims --Last race, multiple pace lines and my file from tuning, Nathan suggests just using the last 7-10 days of results so to "stay on top in change of biases"
In this example, the last race sim picked the winner at $14.60
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TAM Feb 28, 2020.pdf Sim.pdf (49.3 KB, 57 views)
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2020, 09:04 AM   #19
upthecreek

Eq-FOY

As you can see, using just the last race Sim it picked the #11 on top and Dennis' Moment to run 9th
Also a formula I wrote for the Formula Template view picked the exacta cold

Attached Images
File Type: png FOY EQ.PNG (4.5 KB, 19 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf R14 SIM.pdf (47.0 KB, 28 views)
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2020, 05:38 PM   #20
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appy View Post
I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about Raider. I NEVER use the cartoonish Simulation thing in ESROI. I do however use the Wizard, which does simulations and the factors it considers for it's simulations are customizable. I love tinkering with that thing. The end result is a (printable) readout of bias settings that can be extremely useful. You can enter the bias setting into your database, so that it weights them when it displays the PP readouts onscreen displays. Makes a great compliment to the custom FVs we depend on.
You want a LOT of data to consider? Just dive into the profiler screen once you have accumulated a decent database. It will blow you away, but it's the choice for those who are sold on large sample size stats.
ESROI6 really is an amazing program.
If you are into this kind of thing.....you should try Jcapper.

But put on your big boy boots...... it's a whopper