Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 03-14-2018, 11:59 AM   #1
CheckMark

Exclamation RPM Handicappers Giant- Colonel’s Secret

Hey horseplayers. Glad to be back on here for a question I have. I would like to send money to the company called RPM Handicappers Giant for the paper and pencil method called “Colonel’s Secret” but I am wondering what you guys think of this system and if you have it can you tell me how it has done for you.? Please respond to this as I am trying. Thanks everyone and good luck today
Old 03-14-2018, 12:14 PM   #2
Robert Fischer
clean money

2/3 Ts Salt
1/2 Ts Thyme
1/2 Ts Basil
1/3 Ts Oregano
1 Ts Celery salt
1 Ts Black pepper
1 Ts Dried mustard
4 Ts Paprika
2 Ts Garlic salt
1 Ts Ground ginger
3 Ts White pepper
Old 03-14-2018, 02:26 PM   #3
Vinnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
2/3 Ts Salt
1/2 Ts Thyme
1/2 Ts Basil
1/3 Ts Oregano
1 Ts Celery salt
1 Ts Black pepper
1 Ts Dried mustard
4 Ts Paprika
2 Ts Garlic salt
1 Ts Ground ginger
3 Ts White pepper

WOW!! That is too hilarious Robert....

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2018, 05:41 PM   #4
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
Hey horseplayers. Glad to be back on here for a question I have. I would like to send money to the company called RPM Handicappers Giant for the paper and pencil method called “Colonel’s Secret” but I am wondering what you guys think of this system and if you have it can you tell me how it has done for you.? Please respond to this as I am trying. Thanks everyone and good luck today
Stay away from RPM. The "Colonel's Secret" will deep fry your bankroll. Visit the real Colonel (KFC) instead and save $40+.
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2018, 07:48 PM   #5
big frank

rpm

are any of there so called systems valid ? i doubt it , but has anyone ever purchased anything from them ?
big frank is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2018, 07:59 PM   #6
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by big frank View Post
are any of there so called systems valid ? i doubt it , but has anyone ever purchased anything from them ?
I've purchase many systems from RPM, dating back to the late 80s. I even talked to Dave Powers on the phone around that time. The systems advertised there aren't worth the paper that they are printed on. RPM is in the business of selling dreams to the gullible.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:26 PM   #7
cloud9

Their best program is Tips . That is a good program .
cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2018, 08:28 PM   #8
steveb

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I've purchase many systems from RPM, dating back to the late 80s. I even talked to Dave Powers on the phone around that time. The systems advertised there aren't worth the paper that they are printed on. RPM is in the business of selling dreams to the gullible.
that infers you were once gullible?

being the idiot i am, i once(many many moons ago)bought a method telling me how to cut my utility bills in half...

hold said bill in left hand.
place scissors in right hand.

doubt sytems sellers are any different to that.
steveb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2018, 09:11 PM   #9
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post
that infers you were once gullible?
There was a time when I bought every system that sounded promising to me...and it pains me to admit that it took me TOO long to learn my lesson. So, YES...I was once one of the most gullible horseplayers out there.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:46 AM   #10
Elliott Sidewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Selling dreams to the gullible.....sounds a lot like the two party political system, except the parties are only selling them during the campaigns. The rest of the time they're selling revenge.
Elliott Sidewater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2018, 09:00 AM   #11
jk3521
Registered Loser

When I get their mailings, I read carefully and sometimes by looking at the pictures of the software, you can kind of tell the way the figs are calculated. One piece of software they were touting had the "amazing new feature "that used the BRIS power ratings as a revolutionary new way of picking contenders . Wow !
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2018, 09:35 AM   #12
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I bought one once from someone - the Two Factor Method.
The very first time I used it, I hit a $50 horse - back when I was making $2.10 an hour part time.

I must have fed the crop of 1975 the rest of that year - never hit another winner.

I did buy the Powerline Method, I think it was called, and it was method where you made a power number for each horse. It actually made sense and I tweaked it a bit to be able to get the winner in the top 4 a good deal of the time. That was in the Golden years when you had fields of 8-9-10 regularly.
There were enough nuggets in there to give me ideas to play around with.

Agree on Tips - Tom Worth stuff was very helpful in my early years.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:05 AM   #13
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I did buy the Powerline Method, I think it was called, and it was method where you made a power number for each horse. It actually made sense and I tweaked it a bit to be able to get the winner in the top 4 a good deal of the time. That was in the Golden years when you had fields of 8-9-10 regularly.
I remember that system although I never bought it. Was that what Steve Wolfson's (sp?) software was based on? Didn't he once post 500 plays that showed a profit here several years ago?

When I first got into handicapping I, too, was lured by the systems of RPM hitting 37% winners paying $12 or the ones hitting the $30, $40 or $50 bombs. But I honestly bought some good things like Pandy's Pro Simulcast system in stapled form. Also, the Dan Serra pedigree ratings. This was shortly after Mark Cramer wrote about the Tomlinson's but before they were printed in the DRF. Talk about your golden years of handicapping, especially turf races.

I also bought Worth's Place to Win and Show-a-Profit as well. I also got my copy of the Thomas McCormick book that Thask posted about a couple of years ago. Now that I think about it, I spent a lot of money. RPM always had that promotion -- "Spend $100 and get these useless systems for free." Or "Spend $150 and get the Broken Down Horseplayer software for free. That's a $99 value!" I would read through the new catalogs every time they sent it out looking for the next great system.

I'm not sure if they sell anything worthwhile now, but the Colonel Sanders method doesn't sound promising.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2018, 11:50 AM   #14
cordoba
Veteran

late-great Colonel Sanders

Im Too Drunk To Taste This Chicken "

cordoba is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2018, 12:51 PM   #15
upthecreek

Sounds like Tom Ainslie's plus factor #55 found in Complete Guide to TB Racing
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread