Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 02-17-2020, 03:04 PM   #421
KyRacer

The new TwinspiresTV and new Twinspires Classic was suppose to be available today. Would someone login and see if they can get it to work and give us a review. I have not been able to connect to the new version. I used the old version of both yesterday.

Today when I login and click on the Bet Now drop down menu, the TwinspiresTV and Classic links are missing. Luckily I had save direct links to those site on my favorites bar and was able to get to the old versions and they are still working. On top of the pages is a green banner saying:Try the new TwinSpires TV today! The previous version will only be available until March 2, 2020. There is a link to the new versions but when I click it, it just returns me to the Home page.

I was on support for an hour but couldn't resolve the issue. They're suppose to get back to me. We tried different browsers and cleared caches, turned off addons, but no luck. Just wondering if it's just me or other people are having trouble.

I did find a link to the video showing the new features. Looks promising. Link below:

https://www.twinspires.com/new-tv
Old 02-17-2020, 07:31 PM   #422
KyRacer

Finally, after logging out and logging back in, I was able to see and use the new TwinspiresTv and Classic site. I had tried that earlier but didn't have any luck. The new and old sites are now listed under the Bet Now icon and in my preferences settings. I haven't spent enough time on it yet for a review, but first impression is that the TV site is not as enjoyable as the original but might be usable. It was missing some of the handicapping factors that were available on the original site. Maybe they will add those later. They are available on the main site. The new classic site does allow you to see the odds for 5 tracks at once like the original Classic site, but they are at the bottom of the page. Will take some getting use to. The new sites no longer use Flash which is a good thing, but they should have been able to replace the video on the TwinshiresTV with messing with the rest of the page. At least for me the original TV and Classic sites was perfect for me. Why do good things have to be changed?

Last edited by KyRacer; 02-17-2020 at 07:41 PM.
KyRacer is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2020, 02:30 AM   #423
plainolebill

I've been a customer since Youbet also. During the past few years using the Express interface I was able to get lifetime activity, including charts, by clicking on a horse's name. As of this year they haven't added any charts, clicking on a race brings up a blank page. I called maybe a month ago and the rep said that it was a known problem they are working on. It doesn't seem like it's a priority and it pisses me off. Right now I'm looking for an ADW that has a decent array of races and a good interface.
plainolebill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2020, 05:32 PM   #424
JMan

ADW TVG and Bet*US Racing

my first post to the boards...

I've always used TVG... but I don't use it for anything other than placing bets and seeing results, so I can't speak to the video broadcast aspect of it.

I bet the UK/IRE tracks and so use Bet*US Racing cuz I can place my bets the day before (I'm in Calif) and with the 8 hours time difference it's a huge help, HOWEVER, the interface is very basic and the odds don't show up (at least not that I can see... and maybe it's because I'm practically 24 hours early). You also can't cancel a bet once it's placed.

If a race is late enough in the afternoon or early evening UK time, I'll place it on TVG when I wake up in the morning... otherwise TVG doesn't have any race info listed until 1:30am my time for the UK races that day.

My 2 cents about ADW... I know this doesn't really help the TwinSpires people...
JMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2020, 11:07 AM   #425
Dahoss2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainolebill View Post
I've been a customer since Youbet also. During the past few years using the Express interface I was able to get lifetime activity, including charts, by clicking on a horse's name. As of this year they haven't added any charts, clicking on a race brings up a blank page. I called maybe a month ago and the rep said that it was a known problem they are working on. It doesn't seem like it's a priority and it pisses me off. Right now I'm looking for an ADW that has a decent array of races and a good interface.
I noticed the "blank page" issue also. It happens a lot at Delta and Sam Houston. So far I have not had the issue at Fairgrounds. I prefer the Express interface as well and hope the issue is resolved soon.
Dahoss2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2020, 11:33 AM   #426
mikesal57
Veteran

These are the 2 screens.....

I see no advantage to New Classic, everything is there for me to see and choose in old...

Why are they so committed to make this change?

Take the Survey BUT its still going to be gone Mar 2nd....

they are hilarious.....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.JPG (192.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 2.JPG (106.9 KB, 25 views)
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2020, 11:38 AM   #427
mikesal57
Veteran

For me this "TOOL BAR" is most efficient part of the whole screens process...

I hope they see & understand...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.JPG (25.4 KB, 32 views)
Old 02-21-2020, 04:09 PM   #428
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I just logged in and cannot find any way to get to any screens - no way to change tracks, no way to do anything. I see no way to select tracks and even get to the screen you are showing.

I do see where to withdraw all my funds - which is what I will do.
This site is 100% crap now.

Xpressbet gets it all from me - Screw Churchill and every moron who works there.

HE he he....I just asked a question in CHAT, and miss-typed - instead of saying your SITE sucks, I typed your SIRE sucks! Probably does.

Last edited by Tom; 02-21-2020 at 04:15 PM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2020, 04:42 PM   #429
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Funny how racing websites always consider improvement to be a step backwards with inferior service than before the improvement.

And NEVER tested ahead of the changes to find out what is not working - usually everything.
Old 02-22-2020, 05:32 PM   #430
Parkview_Pirate

I've had an account on Twinspires going back to the Winticket days. The classic interface was fine, and the free BRIS PPs a nice perk.

A little over a year ago when they changed the interface I couldn't believe how bad it was. The "new classic" is a big improvement relative to that, but losing access to the old classic interface on March 2nd is a definite step backwards. The new interface, from what I can tell, does not add any new features that are important. The interface for TVG is about the same, and I think NYRA Bets and Xpressbet are better.

Surprisingly to me, the handle in Illinois for Twinspires only dropped from 42% to 39% with that change. I guess there are a lot of players who only use one ADW, and couldn't be bothered to switch.

https://www2.illinois.gov/sites/irb/...tWagering.aspx

The silver lining in all this for me was discovering how awful the quality of the streaming signal is for Twinspires. The new interface is now HTML5 and a big improvement over the old flash quality, but streaming Santa Anita side by side yesterday with NYRA bets, you can tell the quality is still only about half on Twinspires - smaller screen, lower resolution. That's got to be a cost saving angle for them....
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-23-2020, 08:10 PM   #431
delfman

Xpressbet looks like a pretty nice site. Anyone have bad experiences with them?
thanks
delfman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2020, 01:22 AM   #432
trifecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfman View Post
Xpressbet looks like a pretty nice site. Anyone have bad experiences with them?
thanks
I like Xpressbet. Their video seems fine, they have some nice contests, and they offer conditional wagering. I give it a thumbs up.
trifecta is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2020, 07:58 AM   #433
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trifecta View Post
I like Xpressbet. Their video seems fine, they have some nice contests, and they offer conditional wagering. I give it a thumbs up.
Just make sure your ADW takes your track(s)

Not all do......
Old 02-24-2020, 08:52 AM   #434
johnm53

Twin Spires Classic

I agree with Parkview_Pirate that the loss of the old Classic interface on TS is a step backward. It doesn't matter which format you prefer they should all be available to the bettors. Personally I have always used the Classic because I am comfortable with it. If you feel the same way send them an email as I just did voicing your preference. Who knows? If enough bettors complain they may keep the old format for those of us who use it. Here is the email address I used.

player.services@twinspires.com

They are currently offering all of the formats both old and new so surely they could keep the old Classic around.
johnm53 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2020, 09:17 AM   #435
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnm53 View Post
I agree with Parkview_Pirate that the loss of the old Classic interface on TS is a step backward. It doesn't matter which format you prefer they should all be available to the bettors. Personally I have always used the Classic because I am comfortable with it. If you feel the same way send them an email as I just did voicing your preference. Who knows? If enough bettors complain they may keep the old format for those of us who use it. Here is the email address I used.

player.services@twinspires.com

They are currently offering all of the formats both old and new so surely they could keep the old Classic around.
Just emailed them...

COME ON ALL....Join in!!!!!!

It will take you 1 minute...

This is our last chance