Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 01-16-2018, 10:49 PM   #46
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
you must have heard some of the stories I heard in the bar across the street from the track. A partner in some Brad Cox trained horses and this other guy told me that the character in Let it Ride (teller Robbie Coaltraine was based on a teller at OP). It was a good time, glad I went.

People drinking, gambling, and telling lies-doesn't get much better than that!
I heard from an radio interview from Ron Moquet that he has some decent fillies this year...If I remember right, he mentioned that filly Lighthawk that ran in Mondays 3rd (One to watch replay for sure)....that SteveA likes to win late in the season and is loaded up again this year...Ramon Vazquez is riding now, after not riding the first few days...I'm following DannyC as usual, and RicardoS and ShaunB (might be stepping it up, getting the mounts)...you heard anything on the grapevine...
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2018, 06:02 PM   #47
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
I heard from an radio interview from Ron Moquet that he has some decent fillies this year...If I remember right, he mentioned that filly Lighthawk that ran in Mondays 3rd (One to watch replay for sure)....that SteveA likes to win late in the season and is loaded up again this year...Ramon Vazquez is riding now, after not riding the first few days...I'm following DannyC as usual, and RicardoS and ShaunB (might be stepping it up, getting the mounts)...you heard anything on the grapevine...
as much money that I lost on Petrov last year, Moquett should have bought me dinner when I was down at OP

I always looked hard whoever Vasquez was riding last meet-rode a lot for Diodoro-if I'm not mistaken. I would think his win% will be going down this year-too many good riders there
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2018, 06:28 PM   #48
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
as much money that I lost on Petrov last year, Moquett should have bought me dinner when I was down at OP

I always looked hard whoever Vasquez was riding last meet-rode a lot for Diodoro-if I'm not mistaken. I would think his win% will be going down this year-too many good riders there
Don't know much about this rider Cohen, Diodoro seems to be using him as his go-to...anybody familiar with his history...?
Old 01-17-2018, 08:32 PM   #49
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
Don't know much about this rider Cohen, Diodoro seems to be using him as his go-to...anybody familiar with his history...?
he was an up n comer, then quit for a few years

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...ee-year-hiatus
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2018, 09:30 PM   #50
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
he was an up n comer, then quit for a few years

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...ee-year-hiatus
Thanks Afleet, good article...