Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 01-03-2014, 01:22 PM   #1
jtschmidt

Meadowlands 1-3-2014

Hey guys. Young harness racing fan and new to the site. Mainly play the Big M. Thought I would share my Late Pick 4 ticket with you.

Meadowlands Late Pick 4: 1-3-14
Races 7-10
$1 play: 9 w 4-6 w ALL w 6=$20 ticket

Race 7: (9) Ramalama 7/2- ships in from the closed down Yonkers and brings Kakaley with her. Draws outside post due to FFA classification, but I will try her as a single in the start of a very difficult sequence. Has won 3/4 at Yonkers for the new connections. Has been facing tough company over there. I was impressed with her recent 3/5 score in the Open. Kakaley pulled on the turn and did not ask for much to get by a very game Economy Terror. She may be post time favorite, but this race is still very wide open. I think (6) Lorrie Please 5/1 will be extremely overbet off that last mile. Ill watch one more.

Race 8: (4) World Cup 8/1- Classy trotter made over $108k last year against some quality horses. Dull effort at Big M on 11/29 in an A2/A1. Scratched sick in the next outing and hasn't raced since that Big M mile. Ill take a shot first start back on the drop. Young Joey B is back in the bike and says the trotter has trained great for new barn. I will also use (6) Aisling 4/1. He was flying late to show behind two nice trotters. Moves a bit inside at the same level. 10yo may get things his way this week. (8) Banker Volo 5/2 drew better finally last week and sat the pocket behind a well rated Ill Mago who added Lasix. They sprinted home, but the 27.2 last quarter left this one a nose behind. Do not love playing Marcus Miller and this one has yet to win here this meet. Ill play against on the move back outside. Ill also try playing against Gingras/Burke on the (3) Cowgirl Hall 7/2. The mare has won 2 in a row for new connections, but really saw no threat in the last and saw a very soft middle half. How much more does she have in the tank? Will Big track hurt her? Ill use that angle against. (10) Harbor Point 6/1 may just need one start.

Race 9- Most wide open race in the sequence. I am punching all. I could honestly make a case for every horse. Post time favorite may be 7/2. Great betting race, lets hope for a bit of a price.

Race 10- I will this time try the Burke/Gingras team on (6) Omnipotent 4/1. Broke in first start for connections. Made a big 3 wide move in last. Missed by a length. Ill give Burke the call to get me home in the final leg. (2) Twin B Spike Man 15/1 chased FFA trotters in fast qualifier. Simons/ Wrubel team up with some nice trotters at Pocono, but Ill hope for another break for this one. Price play if you like. (7) Temple of Doom 3/1 makes second start off the bench. Playing against a big improvement from same post last week. Andy Miller may fire off the gate. Likes this track but does team orange crush have this one ready? Ill play against.

Good luck tonight everyone

Joe
jtschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #2
mrroyboy

Good luck to you too.
mrroyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #3
Ray2000
Apple 2GS Wiz

Welcome Joe and Good Luck tonight.

Man this Forum draws a lot of savvy players...

Hope you don't mind if I throw in a Longshot here

Race 12 .....For You Almostfree w/ Gingras
a 17/1 winner at Yonkers on 11/29 and gets an inside post on a cold night.

Trifecta Key Box 2 with the 3,4,7

GLA
Bret Harte
Ray2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2014, 01:56 PM   #4
Ray2000
Apple 2GS Wiz

This happens to me all the time..

I post What I think is a 15/1 ML Longshot and then look around the net and he's being picked by Zoccali, Pandy and Bergman
Bret Harte
Ray2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #5
jtschmidt

Zoccali has it tough as oddsmaker and handicapper trying to show talent picking some upsets.

Goodluck tonight.
jtschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #6
coachv30

Meadowlands Friday Night

I will be boxing my top four selections for the TRI

Race 1:

Race 2:

Race 3:

Race 4:

Race 5:

$.50 Pick Five beginning in Race 1

/ / / / $36 Ticket

I will adjust for scratches later....
Old 01-03-2014, 05:59 PM   #7
coachv30

$1 Pick Four beginning in the 3rd Race

/ / / $24 Ticket
Old 01-03-2014, 06:04 PM   #8
coachv30

Another Pick Five

/ / / / $9 Ticket
Old 01-03-2014, 06:05 PM   #9
coachv30

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachv30
I will be boxing my top four selections for the TRI

Race 1:

Race 2:

Race 3:

Race 4:

Race 5:

$.50 Pick Five beginning in Race 1

/ / / / $36 Ticket

I will adjust for scratches later....
Race 1: Scratch

TRI BOX
Old 01-03-2014, 08:04 PM   #10
Just a Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtschmidt
Hey guys. Young harness racing fan and new to the site. Mainly play the Big M. Thought I would share my Late Pick 4 ticket with you.

Meadowlands Late Pick 4: 1-3-14
Races 7-10
$1 play: 9 w 4-6 w ALL w 6=$20 ticket

Race 9- Most wide open race in the sequence. I am punching all. I could honestly make a case for every horse. Post time favorite may be 7/2. Great betting race, lets hope for a bit of a price

Race 10- I will this time try the Burke/Gingras team on (6) Omnipotent 4/1. Broke in first start for connections. Made a big 3 wide move in last. Missed by a length. Ill give Burke the call to get me home in the final leg. (2) Twin B Spike Man 15/1 chased FFA trotters in fast qualifier. Simons/ Wrubel team up with some nice trotters at Pocono, but Ill hope for another break for this one. Price play if you like. (7) Temple of Doom 3/1 makes second start off the bench. Playing against a big improvement from same post last week. Andy Miller may fire off the gate. Likes this track but does team orange crush have this one ready? Ill play against.

Good luck tonight everyone

Joe

Totally agree with race 9, I will be going deep too.

Even with the scratches I am having a hard time with race 10. The problem with the is he shows no speed, and he may get away last (OK, 6th) while Andy is able to get soft fractions. Short fields combined with a favorite on the lead on a big track usually result in no flow and a slow pace. I actually think Mike Simons has the best horse, but he is tactically challenged here... he figures to get away 3rd or 4th (depending on whether leaves) and since you know Lachance will hug the rail, Simons will likely end up first over against a fresh leader. raced very well repeatedly in October when 1st over, but its unclear if he is the same horse right now. And of course, he could break.

's line looks like he was 2nd over, last time, but he was actually grinding/clogging weakly first over, after leaving weakly (not sure what Andy's intent was) and being somewhat fortunate to get a hole. had bad cover behind that one, and had good trot in the lane although Yannick was driving him a bit cautiously.

I hate going deep in a 6 horse field but I can make arguments for or against all of them. Anyone have a strong opinion? I'm talking myself into the 6.
Just a Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2014, 08:27 PM   #11
coachv30

Quote:

[U
$.50 Pick Five beginning in Race 1[/U]

/ / / / $36 Ticket
One more leg!!

$3448.00

$360.00

$4265.00
Old 01-03-2014, 08:27 PM   #12
melman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Fan
Totally agree with race 9, I will be going deep too.

Even with the scratches I am having a hard time with race 10. The problem with the is he shows no speed, and he may get away last (OK, 6th) while Andy is able to get soft fractions. Short fields combined with a favorite on the lead on a big track usually result in no flow and a slow pace. I actually think Mike Simons has the best horse, but he is tactically challenged here... he figures to get away 3rd or 4th (depending on whether leaves) and since you know Lachance will hug the rail, Simons will likely end up first over against a fresh leader. raced very well repeatedly in October when 1st over, but its unclear if he is the same horse right now. And of course, he could break.

's line looks like he was 2nd over, last time, but he was actually grinding/clogging weakly first over, after leaving weakly (not sure what Andy's intent was) and being somewhat fortunate to get a hole. had bad cover behind that one, and had good trot in the lane although Yannick was driving him a bit cautiously.

I hate going deep in a 6 horse field but I can make arguments for or against all of them. Anyone have a strong opinion? I'm talking myself into the 6.
Fan--I agree the last line on the 7 was not one to impress it was his first one back after five months on the sidelines. Think he is a solid fav with this group.

Really interested in this upcoming race five. The seven has faced some good ones and I like the connections. On the board now at 11-1
melman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2014, 08:29 PM   #13
Muddy
Muddy

Sorry missed your will pay post Good job Coach

Last edited by Muddy; 01-03-2014 at 08:36 PM.
Muddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #14
cecil127

Quote:
One more leg!!

$3448.00

$360.00

$4265.00
Get it Coach! Good Luck!
Old 01-03-2014, 08:45 PM   #15
melman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil127
Get it Coach! Good Luck!
Best of trips coach hope it's one on the big ones.

My seven in race five did nothing very poor effort.

My pic4 ticket

R7 7-9-6-2
R8 6-4
R9 1-8-4
R10 7
melman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: