Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 307 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:01 PM   #23191
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman
God said???? Ahhh, I think you are sort of missing my point here, sir.

And I would MUCH rather believe in an afterlife than face the prospect of holding my breath forever. Unfortunately, all the belief in the world won't make your imaginary benefactor any more real.
No, I have your point perfectly. You choose to be gullible. But contrary to what you think of Christians, the Christian Faith is rational in nature, having many evidences to its validity, both within and without the bible. And that, is far, far more than what can be said about your blind, irrational faith in one "honest" boy.

Last edited by boxcar; 02-11-2016 at 08:03 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:02 PM   #23192
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
Thanks for sharing that, but I have to say, if I had an experience like that I would no longer be agnostic. I might not know which religion has all the details right, but I'd be fairly certain most of them have the most important thing right.
And what, pray tell, would be that [one] "most important thing"?
Old 02-11-2016, 08:56 PM   #23193
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
No, I have your point perfectly. You choose to be gullible. But contrary to what you think of Christians, the Christian Faith is rational in nature, having many evidences to its validity, both within and without the bible. And that, is far, far more than what can be said about your blind, irrational faith in one "honest" boy.
You have some all powerful, all knowing pal who created EVERYTHING in the universe, but still considers YOU significant enough to warrant eternal life?

An omnipotent pal who is everywhere ALL the time, but declines to intercede when single moms get raped, or toddlers mutilated. And , somehow, this pal is never seen or heard from, and the benefit of his benevolence is diabolically predicated on never questioning just WHY he is never tangible. How convenient.

All this you buy into, and I'M the gullible one??
Old 02-11-2016, 09:15 PM   #23194
boxcar

Quote:
You have some all powerful, all knowing pal who created EVERYTHING in the universe, but still considers YOU significant enough to warrant eternal life?

An omnipotent pal who is everywhere ALL the time, but declines to intercede when single moms get raped, or toddlers mutilated. And , somehow, this pal is never seen or heard from, and the benefit of his benevolence is diabolically predicated on never questioning just WHY he is never tangible. How convenient.

All this you buy into, and I'M the gullible one??
I suppose you'd rather be a robot with no free will? So, yes, God "allows" evil in this world. You really wouldn't want it any other way, would you? Are you going to tell us that you don't have a love affair with all your pet sins? You really don't relish having that power of choice to choose to sin or not to sin?

And, no, my "all powerful, all knowing pal" didn't see anything in me to warrant salvation. You truly don't understand the first thing about grace.
Read Romans 9 someday. You'll learn why God chose Jacob over Esau.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:41 PM   #23195
mountainman

Quote:
I suppose you'd rather be a robot with no free will? So, yes, God "allows" evil in this world. You really wouldn't want it any other way, would you? Are you going to tell us that you don't have a love affair with all your pet sins? You really don't relish having that power of choice to choose to sin or not to sin?

And, no, my "all powerful, all knowing pal" didn't see anything in me to warrant salvation. You truly don't understand the first thing about grace.
Read Romans 9 someday. You'll learn why God chose Jacob over Esau.
Grace? That sad, dejected kid with a self-inflicted speech impediment and a big plate where his skull should have been displayed more grace in 30 seconds of stoical honesty than you have in your two billion posts on this thread.

You could learn much from him.

Last edited by mountainman; 02-11-2016 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:08 PM   #23196
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Here's a heavy monkey wrench back in your lap: Let's say that there are other intelligent, moral, personal beings out there besides God and the numerous legions of angles he has created, and that they obeyed God when tested for righteousness, in which scenario there would be no need for divine revelation. Having passed the test, they would be living in God's presence for all eternity.
You are playing your "I am am senile game" again. I am not talking about Angels or beings of some Godly order. I am talking about beings just like us who happen to be from another planet and never heard of the Bible or JC. How would you reconcile other civilizations that God has created that have never heard of the Bible or JC? Would they need saving by a Christian God or does God take care of all his creation?

Quote:
Further, why would God have to be an "equal opportunity" creator? Scripture tells us that we are created a little lower than the angels! Lower does not = "equal[ity] opportunity".
Again you play senile bringing "Angels" in this when I never made reference to Angels. I did make reference to "Aliens" but for you to be relevant is a challenge. You have my sympathy.

Quote:
Finally, God is for his chosen people in this fallen world. Why would God be for those who he has chosen to leave in their sins? God only works out all things for the good of those who LOVE him, which disqualifies a very large majority of the world.
Three strikes and you're out. You played senile in all three areas. Well done. Again your response is not relevant to what I said.

But in response to what you said, it is poppycock that God only loves those who love him. That is such a childish level of love that it is an embarrassment to categorize God's love as immature as that. And it is shameful to see how little you understand about God's love, yet talk as if you know.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:04 AM   #23197
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
I suppose you'd rather be a robot with no free will?
Could a robot with no free will know that he was robot with no free will?

Last edited by Actor; 02-12-2016 at 05:06 AM.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:10 AM   #23198
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoofless_Wonder
... the result of whacked out brain chemistry.
Boxie does not believe in brain chemistry.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:06 AM   #23199
Ocala Mike

Shakespeare said it best: "The undiscovered Country, from whose bourn
no traveller returns"
Old 02-12-2016, 06:47 AM   #23200
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike
Shakespeare said it best: "The undiscovered Country, from whose bourn
no traveller returns"
"The Devil can cite Scripture to his purpose." -- Merchant of Venice
Old 02-12-2016, 09:06 AM   #23201
classhandicapper

Quote:
And what, pray tell, would be that [one] "most important thing"?
Some kind of life or existence after death.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:09 AM   #23202
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
Some kind of life or existence after death.
Yes, "some kind"; but what kind?
Old 02-12-2016, 11:11 AM   #23203
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor
Could a robot with no free will know that he was robot with no free will?
The better question is: Do you know that you're not a robot? Or as a human being, do you know that you have no power of free choice?
Old 02-12-2016, 11:24 AM   #23204
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Grace? That sad, dejected kid with a self-inflicted speech impediment and a big plate where his skull should have been displayed more grace in 30 seconds of stoical honesty than you have in your two billion posts on this thread.

You could learn much from him.
You're even more jaded than I am...that's not a good thing...
Old 02-12-2016, 12:13 PM   #23205
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
You're even more jaded than I am...that's not a good thing...
Cynical but upbeat..relish the humor and irony in life..suspect you're the same..talk trash and bust chops constantly at work and with my pals..not sure I even know how to converse on the square anymore..u should see the texts between me and McMichael..talk about jaded..that's when we really fire away..lol
Closed Thread