Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-28-2015, 10:51 AM   #1
Matt Bryan

TVG Phone App

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but has anyone bet via the TVG phone app? If so, I'd like your thoughts, etc. Thanks!
Matt Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2015, 12:29 PM   #2
RunForTheRoses

I have it on my iphone 5. it is OK but I usually access through safari. In safari you can make the track video full screen while on the app you can't (at least I haven't figured out). Also, if I am in another state than NJ, an njbets thing, the app will know while with the website I can click New jersey no matter where I am.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2015, 12:33 PM   #3
Dmcwally

I've used it a few times on my iPhone but it's very unreliable on 4g. It often cannot lock a gps signal. I've tried reinstalling the app many of times. I've actually reinstalled the iPhone software and that hasn't fixed it either. On wifi It's very stable.I prefer twinspires app. A lot quicker and easier to navigate. cashing out is better too where you don't need a minimum in your account
Dmcwally is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2015, 02:32 PM   #4
Matt Bryan

Thanks for the feedback. I tend to do most handicapping prior to race day, but often something comes up where I can't get to the track. Just looking for options. Thanks!
Matt Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2015, 12:22 AM   #5
goatchaser

I have a I-6 and it works well for me. Made bets at Santa Anita while at Santa Anita and never had a problem. Also have used it for another betting site with no problem. Video also works well.
goatchaser is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2015, 01:00 AM   #6
redshift1

Used successfully several times on my Iphone 5 but I find the IPhone screen is to small for me. The Ipad works great for TVG and would be my choice for the track.
redshift1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2015, 09:29 AM   #7
AlbertButtry

I have Android and to get to the full screen you have to touch the square in the bottom right hand corner when the video pops up. Don't know if it will be the same for IPhone.
AlbertButtry is offline   Reply With Quote Reply