Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #331
Dahoss9698
Veteran

And people wonder why those with something intelligent to say don't post as much. The last page of this thread is a shining example.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #332
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D
Yes CH it is fairly easy as you say " attack" people who state things that have NO foundation to them.

Not one person on this forum can point to or has put forward what they think is an exceptional performance or performances from Zenyatta throughout these debates and thats because none exist.

You can not, nor should you, ignore this FACT, but you and others are it seems.
WOW.
Here are two...2009 BCC & 2010 BCC

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #333
Bullet Plane

When a horserace is over, they award the prize money to the winner. Some of you may have noticed: Zenyatta lost the Classic. Matter of fact, did not beat the boys all year.

Why? Wasn't good enough.

What a sham the HOTY award was this year! Do they think that we are so stupid, that we do not know who won the race?
Bullet Plane is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #334
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanied
OMG...did you really say that
Yes, Z is the 'luckiest' horse ever, she won 19 in row, she made millions of dollars in purses and did this on sheer luck. Just an average horse who was in the right place at the right time.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2011, 09:14 PM   #335
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Plane
When a horserace is over, they award the prize money to the winner. Some of you may have noticed: Blame lost to Haynesfield at Belmont.

Why? Wasn't good enough.

What a sham the HOTY award was this year! Do they think that we are so stupid, that we do not know who won the race?
Fixed that for ya.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:31 PM   #336
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Yes, Z is the 'luckiest' horse ever, she won 19 in row, she made millions of dollars in purses and did this on sheer luck. Just an average horse who was in the right place at the right time.
And she also seems to be the only horse to have benefited from the generosities of these extremely biased, synthetic racetrack surfaces.

Was she the only stretch runner out there? Why don't we see more long winning streaks on these deeply biased synthetic and turf surfaces?
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2011, 09:36 PM   #337
Sericm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D
Yes CH it is fairly easy as you say " attack" people who state things that have NO foundation to them.

Not one person on this forum can point to or has put forward what they think is an exceptional performance or performances from Zenyatta throughout these debates and thats because none exist.

You can not, nor should you, ignore this FACT, but you and others are it seems.
How about 20 sensational performances. 19 CONSECUTIVE WINS 1 PLACE BY A NOSTRIL.

Your own Goldikova has been beaten 3 times and never won over a 1 1/16m and all on 1 surface.

Blame had 13 races 9 2 2.

Not so easy to go undefeated 19 straight times. And don't give me this BS that in Blames and Goldikova's races all the competition was superior to Zenyatta's.
Sericm is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2011, 09:36 PM   #338
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
And she also seems to be the only horse to have benefited from the generosities of these extremely biased, synthetic racetrack surfaces.

Was she the only stretch runner out there? Why don't we see more long winning streaks on these deeply biased synthetic and turf surfaces?
I don't know about extremely biased, plenty of horses go wire to wire on plastic, maybe not as much as real dirt, but there's plenty of speed that keeps going. Whether its Tapeta, Poly, Cushion or Pro Ride, there is plenty of speed that wins on all these surfaces.

As far as not seeing as many long winning streaks, that's a great question. I know that a few people on this site are saying Z is just an ok horse or that she's 'average' but i dont know of too many horses, whether they are good OR average who win 10 in row, much less 19 in a row.

Z was so good and made it look SO easy, that we just got numb to the astounding accomplishment of 19 in a row. Ninteen in a row, that's just very hard to wrap the mind around, especially since 2 of those races were BC events.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #339
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
I don't know anything about the sport. I'm just posting here because I'm desperate for attention.
FTFY
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2011, 09:47 PM   #340
thaskalos

I think he was being modest...
Old 01-19-2011, 10:30 PM   #341
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Where's the beef? Give me some substance to back this choice up. Stop with the 19 in a row crap...that means nothing in 2010.

I dare some of you to go back and read what you've written in this thread and NOT walk away at least slightly disturbed by your simpleton thought process.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:46 PM   #342
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Where's the beef? Give me some substance to back this choice up. Stop with the 19 in a row crap...that means nothing in 2010.
Isn't it obvious PA?

Great horses don't play by our rules - they establish their own...

And they dare us to ignore them.

In this case...it couldn't be done.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:07 PM   #343
Cardus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
And people wonder why those with something intelligent to say don't post as much. The last page of this thread is a shining example.
No, no, no, it's the incivility, not the stupidity.
Cardus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2011, 11:10 PM   #344
Cardus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanied
This is a great post ...sums it up for me nicely!
You call that post a summation?

The Cliff's Notes version would be nice.
Cardus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2011, 11:29 PM   #345
jsk42069

Zenyatta

How many races did Zenyatta lose in her career>? How many did she win in a row? Blame is a great horse and maybe should have won but cmon.. props to Zenyatta a charasmatic horse that could if she wanted to win through a few more years consistently but they are pulling her out of the game.

"I invite anybody to try. It's a tremendous accomplishment to keep a horse in training for three years and to have her win every race and the way she ran every race. So I think people will be talking about her for a long time to come."
jsk42069 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply