Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 10-27-2020, 04:07 PM   #7411
davew

Fauci says vaccine will only block 'symptoms' but not infection. I am reading for the lockdowns to begin until everyone dies.

hcap, could you cite your source for the 20% hospitalization rate of infected? or was that during one of Cuomo propaganda briefings?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2020, 05:16 PM   #7412
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
CORONAVIRUS IS NOW SPREADING LIKE WILD FIRE

Coincidentally, days before the election...in case there were any lingering "uncucked" out there...can we throw in a stock market crash before the end of the week as well? That would be pretty cool...
yes it is NO date on a human calendar will change the pathophysiology of this
Old 10-27-2020, 05:29 PM   #7413
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
You ain't seen nothing yet. Just wait. Wait til there are riots in the street because "your" demographic wasn't chosen to receive the vaccine first....you! Go to the back of the line! Yes, you!
I don't see this happening. Most people under 50 are not going to want it. Most others (like me) are going to take a "wait and see" attitude. Health care workers will probably be forced to get it.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2020, 05:48 PM   #7414
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
I don't see this happening. Most people under 50 are not going to want it. Most others (like me) are going to take a "wait and see" attitude. Health care workers will probably be forced to get it.
^^^ This. Very much this.
Old 10-27-2020, 05:53 PM   #7415
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Fer god's sake they're all doing that. The "distribution plans" for the vaccine, should it ever arrive, will be like a huge nightmare, because allocations will be questioned, protested, etc.

Of course he's saying there's a plan. But you can't have a plan until you know distribution schedules and allocation.

Just saying you have a plan means you are jockeying, just like every governor in the U.S. will be doing, for their state.

You ain't seen nothing yet. Just wait. Wait til there are riots in the street because "your" demographic wasn't chosen to receive the vaccine first....you! Go to the back of the line! Yes, you!

Oh, by the way, every year I've been LECTURED how I must receive the senior double dose seasonal flu vaccine, not the regular one. I didn't even want it the first time, but they all leaned on me. Heavily.

GUess what? Fast forward to this year. Apparently, I'm being lied to. Because the vaccine for seniors doesn't apppear to be immediately available, like it's backordered or there's none or not enough. So instead of telling me this (the truth) it is now being suggested to me that I just get the regular flu shot, because it works just fine.

So it won't be toilet paper, now its the senior version of the flu shot. Look Idon't care, I'll take whatever is available. Just don't lie to me.
I've went to 2 pharmacies and 2 PCP offices.......no double dose.

Is that just Arkansas, or is this happening to anyone else? I have a feeling it's not everywhere. I guess I could call my state HD or something.......how easy is it to get where you are?
I just turned 65, my doc gave me the regular flu shot. Didn't offer a double.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2020, 05:54 PM   #7416
Tor Ekman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
Health care workers will probably be forced to get it.
Not just health care workers, all sorts of activities and access to all sorts of venues are going to be conditioned on having to show vaccination proof, just wait. Want to go to a Broadway show? Better have your vaccination papers. Even if some employers are not legally able to mandate vaccination as a term of employment, the owner/management of the building in which the company's office is located may well be able to condition entry into the property on vaccination proof, so for many workers it will become a back-door condition of employment. All modes of public transportation and the airlines will likely require vaccination. State and local governments will surely require gyms and health clubs to condition membership on vaccination, who knows, maybe even bars and restaurants too. This is Big Brother's wet dream come true.
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2020, 06:29 PM   #7417
chrisl

A while back I was reading about a politician that wants to make sure Blacks get the new vaccine before anyone else. Because black lives matter. You can't make this up.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2020, 10:05 PM   #7418
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
I just turned 65, my doc gave me the regular flu shot. Didn't offer a double.

TY El.

I'm going to call around the state at higher levels and see why this seasonal flu vaccine appears unavailable in Arkansas.

Last year I received the Fluzone High-Dose Quadrivalent (Sanofi Pasteur). It was the first year I had zero side effects......no sore arm, no malaise the next day, nothing at all. It was like my body didn't even mount any kind immune defense at all. I usually get at least a tiny bit of reaction, like soreness at injection site.

So I was looking to get same again.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2020, 10:17 PM   #7419
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
A while back I was reading about a politician that wants to make sure Blacks get the new vaccine before anyone else. Because black lives matter. You can't make this up.
That demographic is more susceptible to infection. It does bring back memories of the Tuskegee Study of Untreated Syphilis in the African American Male.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2020, 10:44 PM   #7420
Ocala Mike

Age 78, got my first flu shot EVER a couple of weeks ago at the Publix Pharmacy. I asked who the manufacturer was and if they had the high dose for seniors and all I got was a "don't worry, we know what we're doing" response.

I am waiting for news about a Novavax combined flu/covid shot that they are working to develop. Their Nanoflu (not yet on the market) has outperformed Fluzone in trials. Maybe available in 2021, and also they may put the lie to Fauci's statement about non-effectiveness against the infection. He has an ax to grind called Moderna.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2020, 11:01 PM   #7421
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
Age 78, got my first flu shot EVER a couple of weeks ago at the Publix Pharmacy. I asked who the manufacturer was and if they had the high dose for seniors and all I got was a "don't worry, we know what we're doing" response.

I am waiting for news about a Novavax combined flu/covid shot that they are working to develop. Their Nanoflu (not yet on the market) has outperformed Fluzone in trials. Maybe available in 2021, and also they may put the lie to Fauci's statement about non-effectiveness against the infection. He has an ax to grind called Moderna.
I didn’t know you were that old. Congrats on outlasting a tough world.
Old 10-27-2020, 11:22 PM   #7422
clicknow

Quote:
I need the fluzone one because I have Alpha Gal (compliments of a lone star tick).

We have a right to know what is being injected, and I had to have an immunologist read the ingredients for all the flu shots made by different manufacturers.

So I know what I need.......but the Public Pharmacist would not. I hate it when they say stuff like that to people.

Last edited by clicknow; 10-27-2020 at 11:24 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2020, 09:38 AM   #7423
Ocala Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post

I didn’t know you were that old.

I don't know I'm that old, either! Reminded every time I drop something and curse that I have to bend down to pick it up.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2020, 10:21 AM   #7424
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
can we throw in a stock market crash before the end of the week as well? That would be pretty cool...
LULZ

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 10-28-2020 at 10:22 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2020, 11:25 AM   #7425
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I don't know I'm that old, either! Reminded every time I drop something and curse that I have to bend down to pick it up.
I drop something, I kick it out to the curb.

I get the flu shot every years - the super dupe high one this year.
Never had the flu since.