Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-08-2018, 01:56 PM   #31
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
^^^

Doesn't understand politics in Alaska.

Or... really politics for that matter but... especially Alaska.
You, who has gotten everything wrong about everything political since at least the summer of 2015, say I don't understand politics in Alaska?

I forgot more about about politics than you think you'll ever know.

Lisa would be a bartender if her late daddy didn't run the GOP in Alaska. He was a long-term corrupt US Senator, and people could actually blame him for the rise of Sarah Palin. She became governor by running against the corrupt Mukowski Family.

You are not worth another red flag but I'll risk it -- you could very well be the dumbest person in the history of Social Media. Congratulations child.

Once more you are wrong. Your streak of getting things wrong remains consistent, I'll give you that: 100 per cent.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 02:00 PM   #32
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
You, who has gotten everything wrong about everything political since at least the summer of 2015, say I don't understand politics in Alaska?

I forgot more about about politics than you think you'll ever know.

Lisa would be a bartender if her late daddy didn't run the GOP in Alaska. He was a long-term corrupt US Senator, and people could actually blame him for the rise of Sarah Palin. She became governor by running against the corrupt Mukowski Family.

You are not worth another red flag but I'll risk it -- you could very well be the dumbest person in the history of Social Media. Congratulations child.

Once more you are wrong. Your streak of getting things wrong remains consistent, I'll give you that: 100 per cent.
Take a look at the 2010 and 2016 Alaska Senate races and get back to me on how she voted the way she did...

She lost 25%+ to a candidate running to the right of her in both cycles.

She voted her constituents.

I'd stop forgetting stuff about politics if I was you...

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 10-08-2018 at 02:15 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 05:49 PM   #33
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Take a look at the 2010 and 2016 Alaska Senate races and get back to me on how she voted the way she did...

She lost 25%+ to a candidate running to the right of her in both cycles.

She voted her constituents.

I'd stop forgetting stuff about politics if I was you...

What are you talking about? You talk in circles. Learn how to write like an adult. It would also help if you used proper names, but that's asking too much I imagine.

You deny that Mukowsk became a senator because of her corrupt, yet powerful family? Or that Sarah Palin won the governorship by running against the corrupt Alaska GOP?

You are the one that has proved to us how little you know about politics, and every other subject you talk about.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 08:58 PM   #34
HalvOnHorseracing

I have a Frank Murkowski story.

I had dinner with Frank Murkowski and his wife Nancy - a very pleasant woman by the way - when Frank was the governor of Alaska. Lisa wasn't there. Anyway, I'm talking with Nancy and she says, "We don't live at the governor's house the state provides, but we have a lot of functions there. We only have a part time caretaker, and when we have official functions I have to go over to help get the place ready. I think we could use a full-time caretaker, maybe two. Frank doesn't want to spend the money. What do you think, Rich?"

I'm totally on the spot. I wind up telling Nancy, "I'm sure the governor would reconsider if you explained it to him."

Frank is talking with someone and has his back to her so he taps Frank on the shoulder and says, "Rich thinks we need more help at the governor's house too."

The governor gives me the death look. I smile and make myself as small as I can.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 09:02 PM   #35
elysiantraveller

Quote:
What are you talking about? You talk in circles. Learn how to write like an adult. It would also help if you used proper names, but that's asking too much I imagine.

You deny that Mukowsk became a senator because of her corrupt, yet powerful family? Or that Sarah Palin won the governorship by running against the corrupt Alaska GOP?

You are the one that has proved to us how little you know about politics, and every other subject you talk about.
By this metric Trump became a corrupt real estate magnate due to dollars from daddy too... but i digress.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 09:09 PM   #36
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
I watched the debate between Palin and her rivals for governor. I thought she kicked their butts.

I have a Palin story (two actually), but one story in a night is enough.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply