Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-12-2018, 04:06 PM   #1441
davew

I heard the left looney idealists want to take over the country, and open it up for everyone in the world.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2018, 04:22 PM   #1442
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
There is a large number of people here who think the GOP is still gonna hold the house...

You can't argue with that.
I don't know why you say that there are a large number of people on here ... so who are they? I haven't found many, if any.

I ask because I am the only one who has said as much -- and I said it months ago when the 'blue wave' sentiment was at a fevered, misdirected pitch.

I was the only one that said that the Blue Wave was a joke and that the GOP will win seats in both Houses. The only one. Again, I first said as such months ago, said it again the other day, and will say so right through to Election Day.

I also don't recall anyone agreeing with me or my analysis and prediction -- especially by those who allegedly claim to be conservative or Republican.

No Red Boarding from me, unlike many of the critics, experts and geniuses we have among us.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2018, 04:42 PM   #1443
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
People who realize that most of the things on your list had nothing to do with Trump.
You are getting way out on that edge.......be careful.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:52 PM   #1444
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
You are getting way out on that edge.......be careful.
Absolute BS Ralph...

Where were you when all the jobless claims went down under Obama?

How about the quarters of 4% growth?

How about when household income went up?

The 8 years of declining unemployment?

Record Manufacturing?

Obama was ****ing terrible but at least have the intellectual honesty to not post a bunch of numbers you conveniently ignored when it made the other guy look good.

How about the fact we are gonna cruise to a trillion dollar deficit this year? Oh yeah I forget you don't care about that now that Trump is in office.

Ya got judges and a tax cut. That's been about it.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 09-12-2018 at 04:55 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2018, 04:54 PM   #1445
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
I don't know why you say that there are a large number of people on here ... so who are they? I haven't found many, if any.

I ask because I am the only one who has said as much -- and I said it months ago when the 'blue wave' sentiment was at a fevered, misdirected pitch.

I was the only one that said that the Blue Wave was a joke and that the GOP will win seats in both Houses. The only one. Again, I first said as such months ago, said it again the other day, and will say so right through to Election Day.

I also don't recall anyone agreeing with me or my analysis and prediction -- especially by those who allegedly claim to be conservative or Republican.

No Red Boarding from me, unlike many of the critics, experts and geniuses we have among us.
For what it's worth, I agree with you, Reckless. I remember reading your latest prediction, and although I didn't post a 'thumbs up' of sorts at the time, I left the site that day with a great feeling of satisfaction. Wasn't it you who PA gave high props to for accuracy in predictions, not too long ago? Your illustrious reputation precedes you.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2018, 10:20 PM   #1446
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Hillary still won the popular vote by almost 3 million. And the big difference is we all know how,.
ftfy

Yep... we can thank Google, For their manipulation of content... and hashtag targeting. For Hillary's Benefit.

So happy it failed.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:33 PM   #1447
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
ftfy

Yep... we can thank Google, For their manipulation of content... and hashtag targeting. For Hillary's Benefit.

So happy it failed.
I thought it was the illegals voting in California that GOOGLE helped bus to the polls.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2018, 04:25 PM   #1448
hcap

Quote:
There is a large number of people here who think the GOP is still gonna hold the house...

You can't argue with that.
It's beginning to look like the Senate is ALSO in play. How will the never say "Trump is a POS" diehards act now?

McConnell: Close Senate races like a 'knife fight in an alley'
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ht-in-an-alley

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that a half-dozen close Senate races have turned into back-alley brawls now that Election Day is less than two months away.

“All of them too close to call and every one of them like a knife fight in an alley,” McConnell told reporters in Louisville, Ky., about races in Arizona, Nevada, Tennessee, Montana, West Virginia, and Florida. “Just a brawl in every one of those places.”
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2018, 04:38 PM   #1449
hcap

Trump is in a different place?

Trump ‘Often’ Told His Former NSA Chief He’s ‘In a Different Place’ Than Experts on Russia Hacking
https://www.alternet.org/trump-often...russia-hacking

One of the few people who would know first hand exactly how Trump thinks about Russia and its attacks on America is the president's own former Director of the National Security Agency, retired Admiral Mike Rogers.

Speaking Tuesday on a panel discussion at George Mason University's Hayden Center for Intelligence, Admiral Rogers delivered a stunning revelation about just how removed from reality the Commander-in-Chief is.
SPONSORED

"He would often say to me, 'Mike, you know I'm in a different place'" on Russian hacking, Rogers told the audience.

The assessment that Russia interfered in the U.S. election is not disputable, and the general consensus of all U.S. intelligence agencies is that it happened and continues to happen.

“Sir, this isn’t about politics, it isn’t about party, it’s about a foreign state that is attempting to subvert the very tenets of our structure,” Rogers said he told President Trump.

Rogers also told the panel that he was disappointed by Trump's performance in Helsinki when he met with Russian President

“I thought there was an opportunity there that I wish we would have taken advantage of,” he said, meaning, confronting Putin on Russia's attacks on the United States.

Videol

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c47490...acking-efforts
Old 09-13-2018, 04:57 PM   #1450
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
It's beginning to look like the Senate is ALSO in play. How will the never say "Trump is a POS" diehards act now?
WEll, seeing how YOU are the only one playing this little mnd game of yours, I suspect none of us will act any differently.
In case you never got the memo....NFC

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....
Old 09-13-2018, 05:02 PM   #1451
hcap

Quote:

McConnell: Close Senate races like a 'knife fight in an alley'
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ht-in-an-alley
More....
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that a half-dozen close Senate races have turned into back-alley brawls now that Election Day is less than two months away.
https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-po...ld-lose-senate

The latest Quinnipiac poll shows Democrats leading the generic congressional ballot by 14 points, with a 15 point lead among independents and a 20 point lead with women.

But less attention has been devoted to the possibility that Democrats could retake the Senate, and for good reason: the map is stacked against them. 24 Democratic seats are up for election, versus only 9 Republican seats. And 10 of those Democratic seats are in states President Donald Trump carried.

But according to the Washington Post, one person is now taking seriously the chance of a Democratic takeover of the Senate: Republican Senate leader Mitch McConnell.

As the Post notes, such an outcome was once considered "unthinkable." But the problem for Senate Republicans is that, while they started out with a massive geographical advantage, the map keeps shrinking for them, and growing for Democrats.

Numerous states where Republicans hoped to compete against Democratic incumbents are now looking out of reach due to poor recruiting and Trump's unpopularity, like Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and especially Virginia, where the GOP immolated their chances against Sen. Tim Kaine by nominating Corey Stewart, a Confederate sympathizer with ties to white

Old 09-13-2018, 07:49 PM   #1452
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Get back to me in two months and 1 day....
Old 09-14-2018, 11:44 AM   #1453
hcap

Quote:
More trouble for the naked orange emperor?

Paul Manafort Seeks to Cut Losses and Pursue a Plea Bargain: Report
https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-po...t-plea-bargain

According to a report in the Washington Post on Tuesday, President Donald Trump's former campaign manager Paul Manafort is now seeking a plea bargain from Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team.

Though Manafort was already convicted of serious federal crimes last month, a second trial is planned which could go deeper into his personal finances and history. Manafort's bruising first loss in court may have made him rethink his plans to maintain his innocence:

... But the discussions indicate a possible shift in strategy for Manafort, who earlier this year chose to go to trial in Virginia, only to be convicted last month in Alexandria federal court on eight counts of bank and tax fraud. He had derided his former business partner, Rick Gates, for striking a deal with prosecutors that provided him leniency in exchange for testimony against Manafort.

Manafort is a longtime friend of Russian oligarchs and he, prosecutors alleged, laundered a staggering $18 million in foreign funds. His downfall was ensured when his longtime associate Rick Gates, also indicted in the Mueller investigation, turned on him and testified about the scheme.

In all, Manafort served on the Trump campaign for five months, during which he had a crucial and far-reaching role in the future president's strategy and in the mission of the Republican Party. It was Manafort who persuaded Trump to pick Mike Pence as his running mate, and it was Manafort, according to at least one Republican National Committee delegate, who persuaded the entire party to water down its support for Ukraine in its platform. Manafort is particularly known for his ties to a Ukrainian pro-Putin strongman Viktor Yanukovych.

IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME.
really more trouble for the naked orange emperor

Maanafort pleads guilty with cooperation.

Let's see what somersaults Chumpy and Rudy do now

Last edited by hcap; 09-14-2018 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:57 AM   #1454
Ocala Mike

Big, brave Manafort caved. Guess he'd rather trust Mueller than Le Grande Orange. Offhand, I'd say he's a pretty good handicapper.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2018, 12:07 PM   #1455
elysiantraveller

Pleaded Guilty to:

Conspiracy against the United States includes:

Money Laundering in Excess of $30 Million
Acting as a Foreign Agent $60 Million
Defrauding the United States $15 Million

elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply