Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-12-2019, 08:23 PM   #46
sammy the sage

HHHmmmm.....not that this has anything to do with the tariff's....but something certainly don't smell right with this news....

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/12/a-re...-payments.html

""More than 7 million Americans are at least 90 days behind on their auto loans, according to the New York Fed.
That's higher than the peak in 2010 as the country was still reeling from the devastating financial crisis.
The "number of distressed borrowers suggests that not all Americans have benefited from the strong labor market and warrants continued monitoring and analysis of this sector," Fed economists say.""

with such an awesome economy and everything gravy....how can this be?
Old 02-12-2019, 09:02 PM   #47
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
HHHmmmm.....not that this has anything to do with the tariff's....but something certainly don't smell right with this news....

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/12/a-re...-payments.html

""More than 7 million Americans are at least 90 days behind on their auto loans, according to the New York Fed.
That's higher than the peak in 2010 as the country was still reeling from the devastating financial crisis.
The "number of distressed borrowers suggests that not all Americans have benefited from the strong labor market and warrants continued monitoring and analysis of this sector," Fed economists say.""

with such an awesome economy and everything gravy....how can this be?
because a lot of people just don't pay their bills. and anybody with a heart beat can get a car loan now days. My guess is there's seven million that recently went back to work and figured hell I have a job better get a car lol. few months later they realized it's no fun to make payments they can't afford.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-12-2019, 09:25 PM   #48
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
because a lot of people just don't pay their bills. and anybody with a heart beat can get a car loan now days. My guess is there's seven million that recently went back to work and figured hell I have a job better get a car lol. few months later they realized it's no fun to make payments they can't afford.
Perhaps...they're many people who don't/can't/won't think longer that a few seconds about anything...

Maybe just a blip on the radar....maybe not...
Old 02-12-2019, 11:13 PM   #49
Clocker

Trump says he has created so many new jobs there aren't enough Americans to fill them all. So we have to increase the number of legal immigrants we allow to enter the country.

Quote:
Trump has repeatedly claimed over the last month that there are not enough American workers for all the jobs his administration has helped create across the country. The “labor shortage” talking point is often used by the big business lobby, outsourcing firms, and Silicon Valley elites who prefer importing low-wage foreign workers to take U.S. jobs rather than recruiting disenfranchised Americans.
Trump taking care of his buddies who need cheap labor? But the Department of Labor says there is no shortage of Americans looking for work.
Quote:
Trump’s claim that the current labor market needs “more people” is not backed up by Bureau of Labor Statistics data, which reveals that there are at least 13 million working-age Americans who are either unemployed, not in the labor force but want a job, or who are working part-time jobs but want a good-paying full-time job.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...f-u-s-workers/
Old 02-18-2019, 02:04 PM   #50
tucker6

Say, whatever happened to that rampant inflation the whiz kids predicted over and over in these threads due to tariffs? Proof once again that math works.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2019, 03:19 PM   #51
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Say, whatever happened to that rampant inflation the whiz kids predicted over and over in these threads due to tariffs? Proof once again that math works.
So true, Tucker, so true.

Always wrong, never in doubt. (c)
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply