Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-27-2018, 09:26 PM   #16
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
You can't analyze a multi-horse wager by just looking at the payoffs.

A horse could pay $9 and be on very few tickets, if there's a 2 to 5 favorite in the race. In the next race, a horse could pay $17 and be on numerous tickets, because the race is a grab bag with several contenders.
Good point. I looked at the charts. He did beat a couple of $1.00 horses, but all in all, these were competitive races with many evenly bet logical contenders. He threaded the needle well.

Today at Gulfstream.

$0.20 PICK SIX-$288,350.74

Also, Pik 3, races 4, 5 & 6
$2 PICK THREE 1/4/8 $42,442.20
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2018, 11:37 AM   #17
Cholly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuss View Post

Today at Gulfstream.

$0.20 PICK SIX-$288,350.74
May never know if this bettor had tickets other than the $9.60 ticket that took down the pool, but that ticket was a lesson in how to spend less than $10 and take a shot.

He/she stuck to favorites in 3 of the legs: an odds-on single, and used the 2 and 3 lowest priced horses in the other two legs. In the other 3 legs, he was bar-belled, using the favorite and a long shot. All three of the long shots won.
Cholly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2018, 03:20 PM   #18
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cholly View Post
May never know if this bettor had tickets other than the $9.60 ticket that took down the pool, but that ticket was a lesson in how to spend less than $10 and take a shot.

He/she stuck to favorites in 3 of the legs: an odds-on single, and used the 2 and 3 lowest priced horses in the other two legs. In the other 3 legs, he was bar-belled, using the favorite and a long shot. All three of the long shots won.
Absolutely!
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2018, 09:21 PM   #19
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:

I've been meaning to ask. How do you have insight into what the winning ticket cost and the number of horses in the sequences? Is that available somewhere? Thanks.
Old 12-30-2018, 12:37 AM   #20
Cholly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuss View Post
I've been meaning to ask. How do you have insight into what the winning ticket cost and the number of horses in the sequences? Is that available somewhere? Thanks.

https://www.paulickreport.com/horsep...ttor-for-288k/
Cholly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2018, 05:09 PM   #21
Suff
Beat up 💪

Thanks. A Press Release.

I don't play the Pick 6 but I'm against a .20 cent pick 6 because it's basically paying Journeyman rates to Apprentices. Historically, Pick 6 play has been reserved for the players with firm wallets, strong opinions and skills honed over time.

But since I don't play it , its benign to what I'm doing.
Old 12-31-2018, 12:29 PM   #22
AndyC

Quote:
That shows the winning ticket. The bettor may have been using an A-B-C method and had 18 or 20 losing tickets as well. Regardless it was a great score. I am sure the track would prefer that a bettor won putting up only $9.60 so that all the small players continue chasing the rainbow.
Old 12-31-2018, 04:26 PM   #23
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
That shows the winning ticket. The bettor may have been using an A-B-C method and had 18 or 20 losing tickets as well. Regardless it was a great score. I am sure the track would prefer that a bettor won putting up only $9.60 so that all the small players continue chasing the rainbow.
Looking at the size of the pools , it appears the conventional pick 6 is gone for good at Santa Anita. I wouldn't be surprised if Del Mar goes to the rainbow Pick 6 also.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2018, 11:34 PM   #24
HalvOnHorseracing

If they ever started giving us the money that used to go to breakage, the $20 a day players will be asking for penny bets
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2019, 01:01 AM   #25
Prioress Ply

And how about that grrreat pick 4. I hit it yesterday. The $1 payoff was $2328. The odds of the four winners were 6-1, 14-1, 7/2, 10-1. That means a $1 parlay would have paid $5200. There's some value for Peter to chew on.\\

Joke.
Prioress Ply is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2019, 02:22 PM   #26
coachv30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac View Post
Peter Lurie just said those who are complaining about the 20c pick 6 at santa anita and prefer the $2 pick 6, just play the 20c pick 6 for 2 dollars. I'm dumbfounded. He just showed a total lack of understanding of how the pick 6 works.
That guy is absolutely DRAINING!! The poor girl working with him; she must have drew the shortest straw....jeez!! Definitely a mute button situation here

Last edited by coachv30; 01-02-2019 at 02:24 PM.
coachv30 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply