Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-03-2016, 05:53 PM   #46
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
Sunday's Haskell on TVG Hazleton was just that. He got interviews with both Kent and Rafa while they were blinking. And Bejarano was pissed for some reason.
I missed that. Thanks for pointing it out, will try and find it.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2016, 05:54 PM   #47
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
EMD, are you telling me we don't already have a thread dedicated to this subject? I could have sworn....
I'm going to throw a suggestion out there...

Would you consider adding a new section (maybe call it Trips or Trip Notes) to the site?

Sure, there might be plenty of bad rides posted there.

But I would offer the counter argument that this might turn out to be a good thing.

You see I'm noticing that more than a few of the bad rides posted on this site do not really belong in the category of players complaining - but instead often belong in the category of information worth noting.

The trick of course is the ability to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Who knows?... If a Trips section were added to this site - you just might see players who actually know what they are doing posting the occasional good piece of information.

Speaking strictly for myself - if that were to happen - I just might learn a thing or two along the way.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 08-03-2016 at 06:02 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2016, 06:04 PM   #48
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Was he getting through when he was quicksanding on a dead rail this past weekend?
Are you referencing the ride in the Curlin on Friday or the Sunday ride on the Chad Brown filly firster that ran 4th?
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2016, 06:13 PM   #49
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P
I'm going to throw a suggestion out there...

Would you consider adding a new section (maybe call it Trips or Trip Notes) to the site?

Sure, there might be plenty of bad rides posted there.

But I would offer the counter argument that this might turn out to be a good thing.

You see I'm noticing that more than a few of the bad rides posted on this site do not really belong in the category of players complaining - but instead often belong in the category of information worth noting.

The trick of course is the ability to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Who knows?... If a Trips section were added to this site - you just might see players who actually know what they are doing posting the occasional good piece of information.

Speaking strictly for myself - if that were to happen - I just might learn a thing or two along the way.

-jp

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ht=trips+traps

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...terrible+rides
Old 08-03-2016, 06:16 PM   #50
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Are you referencing the ride in the Curlin on Friday or the Sunday ride on the Chad Brown filly firster that ran 4th?
Monday Aug 1st, 2016:

Amazing, watching replays of today's races. 1 jock I saw the most on the rail was the highly regarded Javier Castellano.

Dead rail yesterday. Dead rail today. Javier doesnt keep his mount wide in race 9. Made it easy for his pace foe to go inside with him, with his horse getting the worst of things.

Doesn't come off the rail with his winner in race 6 (tons the best though). Life in Shambles was awesome again today, as expected.

Rode his rail posting horse in race 7 on the rail till the lane. Horse got off rail and rallied for 3rd.

This after he won race 1 off the rail.....

God I miss Ramon....

You can't say bet these horses back with confidence (or others who ran near the inside) as I would BET their jock would ride ANOTHER dead rail in their next race (if there is a dead rail).

Was talking to Hall Of Famer Jorge Velasquez this weekend. He was telling me how he used to ask the outriders to check parts of the track when he was riding, trying to keep up with his competition.

Oh how I admired that discussion. It's a shame these guys/gals look to have no clue what a track bias is.
Last edited by EMD4ME : 08-01-2016 at 10:27 PM.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:27 PM   #51
SuperPickle

So ummmmm Jason Servis.... 40% at the Spa....... that's ummmmm "something else."
Old 08-03-2016, 06:35 PM   #52
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
So ummmmm Jason Servis.... 40% at the Spa....... that's ummmmm "something else."
Factor in late Belmont and it's a sick "something" !!!
Old 08-03-2016, 08:49 PM   #53
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
I almost started a thread today asking who had figured out more of an edge this meet, he or Miah Englehart. I thought better of it because I assumed people would think I was saying they were cheating.

I don't think they are, but they've certainly figured out how to get their horses ready right now. That's the "edge" I speak of
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2016, 09:11 PM   #54
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

I hear that Baffert drives a Chrysler.

Maybe not a "bonehead" ride, but it most certainly qualifies as a POS ride.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2016, 10:13 PM   #55
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
I almost started a thread today asking who had figured out more of an edge this meet, he or Miah Englehart. I thought better of it because I assumed people would think I was saying they were cheating.

I don't think they are, but they've certainly figured out how to get their horses ready right now. That's the "edge" I speak of
Honestly the Servis horses have figured. Today's was a drop down off a long layoff. The shocker is the 12-1 m/l went off 8-5. Apparently everyone knew. The one on Sunday was off the claim from Assmussen and benefited from a horrible ride on the 6-5 Levine/Repole horse. For some reason Ortiz took the horse back.

His other couples winners I believe were fresh horses that he sat on since May or June. The speaks more towards the silly argument that people don't point horses to the meet.

Jeremiah Engleheart on the other hand won a race today with a horse from Finger Lakes in 1:09 and change. I've never seen a Finger Lakes horse win an overnight race like that at Saratoga in my life. Suspicious.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:41 PM   #56
SG4

Quote:
Jeremiah Engleheart on the other hand won a race today with a horse from Finger Lakes in 1:09 and change. I've never seen a Finger Lakes horse win an overnight race like that at Saratoga in my life. Suspicious.
What exactly do you find suspicious about this? That winner today figured on a number of levels, at least IMO. Had a big win in similar class last year at Saratoga, and although stabled at Finger Lakes this year, he had plenty of races downstate to prove his worth in the recent past.

You want to talk about a real Finger Lakes horse, look at Crackerjack Jones coming down to run a nice 3rd the other day in his first start on the NYRA circuit since 2013.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2016, 10:51 PM   #57
the little guy

Quote:

Jeremiah's horse that won today, Monster Mash, won a claiming race today, just like he did last Summer when he earned a 94 Beyer. If you are going to call something suspicious, at least get your facts remotely straight.

He got a 96 Beyer today. Two points higher than last year.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2016, 11:27 PM   #58
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
Jeremiah's horse that won today, Monster Mash, won a claiming race today, just like he did last Summer when he earned a 94 Beyer. If you are going to call something suspicious, at least get your facts remotely straight.

He got a 96 Beyer today. Two points higher than last year.
Andy, I'm pretty sure all my facts are straight. I stated I've never seen seen a horse ship in from Finger Lakes and run 1:09 at Saratoga in a race like that. Did that not happen? Was I watching the wrong race?

Also you totally glossed the 96 was still a 10 point improvement over his Finger Lakes race. That happening a lot this meet? Horses shipping in from Finger and picking up a 3-4 lengths?

Also the 96 essentially ties his career high of 97. A lot of 24 start seven year olds shipping in from Rochester setting lifetime marks? Feel free to list all the other horses.

In fact do you want to list all the horses this Saratoga meet that have won open claiming or allowances races shipping in from Finger?

Also you actually presented a defense of his performance that he ran back to a race 13 months ago. Is that how we handicap 25% trainers at NYRA? So when a horse runs back to a race 13 months that's ok now?

Look I have a ton of respect for you. I have no problem with you being buddies with Jeremiah Engleheart. But don't you get on here at put me on blast to defend your backstretch buddy. And don't question my integrity when I'm factually correct because you don't like your buddy's horse being called "suspicious."

You got nothing here. You just don't like people saying things you don't like about your friend. That's fine but gaslighting your critics with a window dressing argument is cheap.

Don't be cheap.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:41 AM   #59
the little guy

Quote:
Andy, I'm pretty sure all my facts are straight. I stated I've never seen seen a horse ship in from Finger Lakes and run 1:09 at Saratoga in a race like that. Did that not happen? Was I watching the wrong race?

Also you totally glossed the 96 was still a 10 point improvement over his Finger Lakes race. That happening a lot this meet? Horses shipping in from Finger and picking up a 3-4 lengths?

Also the 96 essentially ties his career high of 97. A lot of 24 start seven year olds shipping in from Rochester setting lifetime marks? Feel free to list all the other horses.

In fact do you want to list all the horses this Saratoga meet that have won open claiming or allowances races shipping in from Finger?

Also you actually presented a defense of his performance that he ran back to a race 13 months ago. Is that how we handicap 25% trainers at NYRA? So when a horse runs back to a race 13 months that's ok now?

Look I have a ton of respect for you. I have no problem with you being buddies with Jeremiah Engleheart. But don't you get on here at put me on blast to defend your backstretch buddy. And don't question my integrity when I'm factually correct because you don't like your buddy's horse being called "suspicious."

You got nothing here. You just don't like people saying things you don't like about your friend. That's fine but gaslighting your critics with a window dressing argument is cheap.

Don't be cheap.

While I can appreciate the humor behind the "I said something indefensible so my only defense is to be wildly aggressive" defense, it doesn't work. Yeah, I'm sure you will find some support here, as I've seen far worse get plenty of support around here, but that doesn't change what it is.

" I stated I've never seen a horse ship in from Finger Lakes and run 1:09 at Saratoga in a race like that"

What you have or haven't seen doesn't change that surely we have seen horses come from FL and run decent numbers in Saratoga ( Fio Rito....Lisa's Booby Trap ). Just as my being friendly with Jeremiah Englehart ( I am friendly with a huge portion of the NY training and riding community....even plenty of people I have criticized in the past....so questioning my integrity gets the respect it deserves....ZERO ) is completely irrelevant.

This was Monster Mash's second race off a layoff, so improving his number 10 points is hardly a shock, and is in fact something touched on when both Gabby and I picked the horse on top in Talking Horses.

Anyhow, as I said in the post, you didn't have your facts straight. You said it was an overnight race, and I pointed out is was a claiming race. That was the entirety of the criticism I leveled at you. You got defensive and said a whole slew of unfair things. Seems to me like you doth protest too much.

All the best.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2016, 08:01 AM   #60
Dahoss9698
Veteran

I don't think there was anything suspicious about Monster Mash's race. No way I thought he'd be ahead of Brewing early, but I think that speaks more to how fresh he was.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: