Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-01-2016, 07:09 PM   #31
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
That whole race stunk to me. Bafferts newest 1st call rider Stewart Elliot rides American Cleopatra, who is as dead as a horse can be on the board. Tyler Baze rides the other half of the uncoupled entry and didn't seem too interested in winning.

It made no sense the winner didn't get bet, but I've seen this before. I don't have one, but it'd be interesting to see someone with a database look at all the races Baffert has an uncoupled entry, how often one of them wins and how often it's the longer price
Baffert has been telling anyone with two ears that American Cleopatra is a piece of crap for months. The analogy he uses AP was a supermodel and AC is a spinster.

I don't think he sandbagging anyone. I don't she wins another race.

The exciting part is I assume they'll take her to the Del Mar Debutante and she'll take money so they'll be other value.

Btw... that Shelby Ruis filly by Union Rags is suppose to be a runner. The fact she was 3-1 first out for Shelby Ruis backs that up. She would have 6-5 with a big time trainer.

That's the horse I want to see race back. I wouldn't be shocked if they raced her in the Del Mar Debutante if the race comes back weak.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2016, 09:58 PM   #32
SG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
Baffert has been telling anyone with two ears that American Cleopatra is a piece of crap for months. The analogy he uses AP was a supermodel and AC is a spinster.

I don't think he sandbagging anyone. I don't she wins another race.

The exciting part is I assume they'll take her to the Del Mar Debutante and she'll take money so they'll be other value.

Btw... that Shelby Ruis filly by Union Rags is suppose to be a runner. The fact she was 3-1 first out for Shelby Ruis backs that up. She would have 6-5 with a big time trainer.

That's the horse I want to see race back. I wouldn't be shocked if they raced her in the Del Mar Debutante if the race comes back weak.
The xbtv website had several videos of her works up over the last several weeks & I always thought she looked pretty good, maybe not setting the world on fire but always got the better of her workmates so looked like she was cut out to be pretty solid. I was interested in the race cause I thought she would take a ridiculous amount of money for what her true value would be, guess that's reserved for offspring of Zenyatta.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2016, 10:26 PM   #33
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Amazing, watching replays of today's races. 1 jock I saw the most on the rail was the highly regarded Javier Castellano.

Dead rail yesterday. Dead rail today. Javier doesnt keep his mount wide in race 9. Made it easy for his pace foe to go inside with him, with his horse getting the worst of things.

Doesn't come off the rail with his winner in race 6 (tons the best though). Life in Shambles was awesome again today, as expected.

Rode his rail posting horse in race 7 on the rail till the lane. Horse got off rail and rallied for 3rd.

This after he won race 1 off the rail.....

God I miss Ramon....

You can't say bet these horses back with confidence (or others who ran near the inside) as I would BET their jock would ride ANOTHER dead rail in their next race (if there is a dead rail).

Was talking to Hall Of Famer Jorge Velasquez this weekend. He was telling me how he used to ask the outriders to check parts of the track when he was riding, trying to keep up with his competition.

Oh how I admired that discussion. It's a shame these guys/gals look to have no clue what a track bias is.

Last edited by EMD4ME; 08-01-2016 at 10:27 PM.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2016, 11:29 PM   #34
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
God I miss Ramon....

I'd be getting one of those protective orders by now if I was Ramon.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2016, 11:36 PM   #35
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
I'd be getting one of those protective orders by now if I was Ramon.

HA HA HA HA HA HA

I deserve that.

For the record, he was so kind to my mom and I a few weeks back. Chatted in the backyard at Bel for 30 plus minutes. Became friends on Facebook etc.

Great man.....AWESOME rider.
Old 08-02-2016, 12:08 AM   #36
Psychotic Parakeet
Sartin Methodology Fan

Quote:
That whole race stunk to me. Bafferts newest 1st call rider Stewart Elliot rides American Cleopatra, who is as dead as a horse can be on the board. Tyler Baze rides the other half of the uncoupled entry and didn't seem too interested in winning.
Only reason why he got the mount is because he had a chance to work her in the mornings.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:44 PM   #37
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

EMD, are you telling me we don't already have a thread dedicated to this subject? I could have sworn....
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2016, 03:23 PM   #38
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
EMD, are you telling me we don't already have a thread dedicated to this subject? I could have sworn....
Guilty sir

But.....the dog ate my homework, I mean, it was closed already
Old 08-03-2016, 05:08 PM   #39
Dahoss9698
Veteran

You could probably full this thread up with the daily adventures of Paco Lopez who is the man in 5 horse fields at Monmouth and not so much at every other venue in the US.

What was his plan in the stake at Saratoga today. Why try and punch through at 3/8's pole, only to allow the favorite the take the rail around the turn.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2016, 05:18 PM   #40
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
You could probably full this thread up with the daily adventures of Paco Lopez who is the man in 5 horse fields at Monmouth and not so much at every other venue in the US.

What was his plan in the stake at Saratoga today. Why try and punch through at 3/8's pole, only to allow the favorite the take the rail around the turn.
I wish this game had sideline reporters who would ask jocks right after their dismount some pointed embarassing questions. Would be great TV in the least.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:26 PM   #41
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
I wish this game had sideline reporters who would ask jocks right after their dismount some pointed embarassing questions. Would be great TV in the least.
I certainly would have loved the favorite being bottled up a while longer.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2016, 05:30 PM   #42
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I certainly would have loved the favorite being bottled up a while longer.
Me too. Had it boxed and had a pick 4 ticket to both.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:48 PM   #43
SuperPickle

Quote:
Sunday's Haskell on TVG Hazleton was just that. He got interviews with both Kent and Rafa while they were blinking. And Bejarano was pissed for some reason.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:49 PM   #44
SuperPickle

Quote:
Me too. Had it boxed and had a pick 4 ticket to both.
Javier seems to always get through. It's like the water just parts.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:52 PM   #45
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
Javier seems to always get through. It's like the water just parts.
Was he getting through when he was quicksanding on a dead rail this past weekend?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: