Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 09-02-2019, 08:02 PM   #1
DOLPHINZZ123

Looking for a certain horse racing system

Hello everyone! I’m new to this forum and glad to be part of the group. I hope I’m posting this question/request in the correct section of the forum. I’ve been looking for a pencil & paper horse racing system for a long time & have come up dry with my own efforts, which is why I’ve turned to this forum for some outside help. I’m not looking for this system in the hopes that it’s profitable or will make me rich. I’m looking for it for personal & nostalgic reasons only so I don’t care if it has a negative ROI or not. The name of the system is “The Magic Square System” by the late DD Brown. It was published in the late 1980s(probably '88 or '89). I was wondering if anyone on this forum has a copy that he/she would be willing to part with or if they know of someone who has it who would be willing to part with it. Also, one last point, I already checked Amazon and eBay & it is not being sold there on either of those websites. There is also an outfit in Calif. selling a system called "The New Magic Square System" but that is not the one I'm interested in, only the original one from the 1980's by DD Brown is the one I want. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! 😊
DOLPHINZZ123 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2019, 09:06 PM   #2
Foolshope

https://www.amazon.com/Square-System.../dp/B00IK5WOT2
Foolshope is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2019, 09:08 PM   #3
DOLPHINZZ123

thanks

Thanks for posting that but I've already checked Amazon & unfortunately it is not available there.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:40 PM   #4
Foolshope

Yes, but did you contact the seller?
Foolshope is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2019, 09:45 PM   #5
DOLPHINZZ123

Who's the seller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolshope View Post
Yes, but did you contact the seller?
Who's the seller?
Old 09-04-2019, 02:55 PM   #6
Psychotic Parakeet
Sartin Methodology Fan

Try here:

https://rpmhandicappinggiant.com/shh...stery-systems/
Old 09-04-2019, 04:43 PM   #7
AltonKelsey
Veteran

I'm hoping no one buys this, and kills the magnificent roi I've enjoyed for many decades
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2019, 04:48 PM   #8
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
I'm hoping no one buys this, and kills the magnificent roi I've enjoyed for many decades
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2019, 07:30 PM   #9
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotic Parakeet View Post
If you actually read the OP he already mentioned he wants the old version. And he wants it for nostalgia purposes, not to make a fortune.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:48 PM   #10
jk3521
Registered Loser

Some else asked about it here a while back...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?p=923258
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2019, 12:21 AM   #11
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOLPHINZZ123 View Post
Hello everyone! I’m new to this forum and glad to be part of the group. I hope I’m posting this question/request in the correct section of the forum. I’ve been looking for a pencil & paper horse racing system for a long time & have come up dry with my own efforts, which is why I’ve turned to this forum for some outside help. I’m not looking for this system in the hopes that it’s profitable or will make me rich. I’m looking for it for personal & nostalgic reasons only so I don’t care if it has a negative ROI or not. The name of the system is “The Magic Square System” by the late DD Brown. It was published in the late 1980s(probably '88 or '89). I was wondering if anyone on this forum has a copy that he/she would be willing to part with or if they know of someone who has it who would be willing to part with it. Also, one last point, I already checked Amazon and eBay & it is not being sold there on either of those websites. There is also an outfit in Calif. selling a system called "The New Magic Square System" but that is not the one I'm interested in, only the original one from the 1980's by DD Brown is the one I want. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! ��

interesting that in another thread you link to current eBay BIN, are you now selling or is this one too expensive for nostagia?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Odds-Sy...YAAOSwwB5dbTeP
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2019, 09:45 AM   #12
mikesal57
Veteran

Gotta love people that come in here just for buying or selling items
that haven't given the time to contribute anything to the community....

I think PA should only give access to these types after they posted 250 times...
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2019, 08:26 PM   #13
DOLPHINZZ123

misunderstanding

I'm NOT selling the ODDS system. That isn't my ebay profile. if u read the top message on that thread you'll see the person is looking for either Magic Square or the Odds System by DD Brown, so I was trying to help him out by giving the link to the ODDS System. For the record I'm not selling anything. Sorry if anyone took offense. I was only trying to help another member out. I am, however, still interested in perhaps buying "The Magic Square System" if anyone has it, again the original from the late 1980s, not the new one being sold by RPM.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:25 PM   #14
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOLPHINZZ123 View Post
I'm NOT selling the ODDS system. That isn't my ebay profile. if u read the top message on that thread you'll see the person is looking for either Magic Square or the Odds System by DD Brown, so I was trying to help him out by giving the link to the ODDS System. For the record I'm not selling anything. Sorry if anyone took offense. I was only trying to help another member out. I am, however, still interested in perhaps buying "The Magic Square System" if anyone has it, again the original from the late 1980s, not the new one being sold by RPM.
Actually, I am interested in it as well.

I buy so much of this crap but every once in a while I get an idea I can actually use.

Dolphin, can you tell us as much as you recall about the original system?

And just so you guys don't think I am completely crazy, I have, for some time, been looking into geometric shapes as potential data containers for my A.I.

Grids have always been on my mind but I struggle to figure out a way to link the cells together.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2019, 10:32 PM   #15
DOLPHINZZ123

Idk anything about the original MS System. I never owned it myself. A family member bought it back in 1990 then either lost it or thru it out, but it was before I took any interest in horse racing, so I never got a chance to see it. So idk what it's about but I'm darn curious, hence the personal/nostalgic reasons I mentioned before for wanting to get it.