Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 02-14-2016, 07:06 AM   #31
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookies
Right out of right field- very disturbing!
First of all, I don't give a crap about Peyton Manning or his stardom. At all.

1. This story has been out there for 15 years at least.

2. The article was written by a known Peyton hater

3. The 74 page document was entirely written by the accuser's attorney. It was an advocacy document to the court. Doesn't mean it was the truth.

All that said, I'm sure Peyton did something, but it sounds like the type of prank 20 year olds do occasionally. Doesn't make it right, but I'm not willing to make decisions on a 40 year old based on his juvenile behavior as a 20 year old. Some of the people in this thread need to look up the word 'perspective' and apply it here.

Last edited by tucker6; 02-14-2016 at 07:07 AM.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 07:10 AM   #32
burnsy
self medicated

I know he pulled a "Cam Newton" after the Colts got beat by New Orleans. He didn't even shake Drew Brees hand. Cam congratulated him after the game last week and Manning pointed out it was a humble exchange. Manning walked off with his head down and never looked back after SB 44. A few sports writers complained but he was given a "pass" by most media.........he isn't black. His excuse? "He wanted to give the Saints "room" to celebrate."

I don't know anything about this story but there's a double standard in the coverage. Belichik verbally "flips off" the media when he's not happy. I saw other coaches give one word answers and say "next question" over and over again.....Peyton storms off like a little kid.........but Cam is a poor sport because he's black.........yeah ok.

None of the good ones like losing, that's the drive that makes them winners.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 09:13 AM   #33
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
I have a friend who works at the Indy Star and they heard this stuff years ago. I thought it was all pretty much dismissed.

Why is it being brought up now? Because Shaun King is a huge racist, and will do anything to smear the Caucasian race. Sad, but true. And pathetic.
Super Bowl's over.
Spring training is a couple of weeks away.
NBA, NHL, college hoops still in regular season.
The dullest stretch in the sports calendar.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 11:09 AM   #34
forced89

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20
Has anybody ever heard of this before. He was accused of sexually assaulting a female doctor his freshman year at Tennessee. The article claims it was all swept under the rug. The woman filed a complaint against him.
What he may or may not have done while a Freshman in college unless he was convicted of a felony means absolutely nothing to me. Maybe that is because I did a lot of dumb things at that age!
forced89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 11:25 AM   #35
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I believe this woman regarding the sexual assault. It's too goofy to make something like that up, plus we all know that athletes who think they are God's gift to the world believe they can get away with anything and are capable of doing some really stupid stuff.

There's really nothing that can be done about it at this point, all these many years later with all these settlements and confidentiality agreements signed. There are no witnesses. Nobody has come forward to say Manning told them he admitted to doing this to the doctor.

So really, all we have is the ability to try and sully Manning's name, which is fine...I'm sure he deserves at least this...but I doubt it will stick all that much in the end.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 12:09 PM   #36
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy
I know he pulled a "Cam Newton" after the Colts got beat by New Orleans. He didn't even shake Drew Brees hand. Cam congratulated him after the game last week and Manning pointed out it was a humble exchange. Manning walked off with his head down and never looked back after SB 44. A few sports writers complained but he was given a "pass" by most media.........he isn't black. His excuse? "He wanted to give the Saints "room" to celebrate."

I don't know anything about this story but there's a double standard in the coverage. Belichik verbally "flips off" the media when he's not happy. I saw other coaches give one word answers and say "next question" over and over again.....Peyton storms off like a little kid.........but Cam is a poor sport because he's black.........yeah ok.

None of the good ones like losing, that's the drive that makes them winners.
Not one person said Cam is a poor sport because he's black.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 12:19 PM   #37
ebcorde
Veteran

I tend to believe this more than the Cosby stuff

1. Witness Malcom Saxon
2. She reported it immediately
3. Archie Manning incredible comments made about her

He's an great Athlete and QB, these guys have been getting away with this crap forever. I attended a Div I school for Track for 2 years, I sucked, that's not the point but I got to know quite a few Athletes. Once I was invited to a gangbang. Hell no!
In High School my classmate was such a good soccer player, he was a star on US teams and the NASL. 4 years together in school till 10th grade, he never opened a book! He used my work for all tests. Hence he got a nickname that carried to his pro days.

Track and Field guys were normal, Football, Baseball, Basketball seem to have more than their FAIR (a lot were great guys too) share of bad guys, they've been getting away with stuff their whole life. They got all the breaks at my school, Paid for jobs to do nothing or very little.

You live in a dorm you get to know a few players, Football's a sick mentality. I recall once the head football coach was advertising a spot on the team for a punt long snapper in the school paper. The players were laughing about it. "oh coach just want to see someone get his neck broken You can't go out there and snap without a strong neck".
But I would have loved to play it in college.... if I was 6-7 350.

Last edited by ebcorde; 02-14-2016 at 12:23 PM.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 01:59 PM   #38
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Not one person said Cam is a poor sport because he's black.

There's probably a case to be made for attributing things like 'poor sportsmanship' and 'immaturity' to Cam and not a Belichick or Popovich or Manning... Perception bias.

The media is also a jungle and a circus. It's all ridiculous. Cam Newton wants to capitalize financially on the type of social media production that a Kanye West or a Kim Kardashian capitalize on. You can't dramatize every move you make in the public eye and then be offended when that momentum continues following a bad game.

we've got these biases and we've got these intentional distortions of image and reality (Peyton may not be the great man we believe in - maybe he's just a great football player and a regular guy... Cam may not really be a superhero...)
it is what it is
Old 02-14-2016, 02:21 PM   #39
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcorde
1. Witness Malcom Saxon
2. She reported it immediately
3. Archie Manning incredible comments made about her

He's an great Athlete and QB, these guys have been getting away with this crap forever. I attended a Div I school for Track for 2 years, I sucked, that's not the point but I got to know quite a few Athletes. Once I was invited to a gangbang. Hell no!
In High School my classmate was such a good soccer player, he was a star on US teams and the NASL. 4 years together in school till 10th grade, he never opened a book! He used my work for all tests. Hence he got a nickname that carried to his pro days.

Track and Field guys were normal, Football, Baseball, Basketball seem to have more than their FAIR (a lot were great guys too) share of bad guys, they've been getting away with stuff their whole life. They got all the breaks at my school, Paid for jobs to do nothing or very little.

You live in a dorm you get to know a few players, Football's a sick mentality. I recall once the head football coach was advertising a spot on the team for a punt long snapper in the school paper. The players were laughing about it. "oh coach just want to see someone get his neck broken You can't go out there and snap without a strong neck".
But I would have loved to play it in college.... if I was 6-7 350.
Re: his headline comment about Cosby.

Yeah, 29 women isn't enough. I guess you adhere strictly to the statistics class thesis that sample sizes of less than 30 aren't sufficient.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2016, 03:08 PM   #40
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
Re: his headline comment about Cosby.

Yeah, 29 women isn't enough. I guess you adhere strictly to the statistics class thesis that sample sizes of less than 30 aren't sufficient.
ha ha NO I simply ask why the DA Castor never got a search warrant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! eyeroll your way out of that!!!!

and those statistics can roll both ways. 50 women waiting years to report. Perfect!!! There's no evidence left, just my word against yours. Drugs? Not one search warrant. You wanna Blame Cosby, he knows how to pick out the dumbest women on the planet. The dumbest rape story I ever heard. "Take these pills, PLEASE!"

Last edited by ebcorde; 02-14-2016 at 03:21 PM.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2016, 11:51 PM   #41
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6

All that said, I'm sure Peyton did something, but it sounds like the type of prank 20 year olds do occasionally. Doesn't make it right, but I'm not willing to make decisions on a 40 year old based on his juvenile behavior as a 20 year old. Some of the people in this thread need to look up the word 'perspective' and apply it here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by forced89
What he may or may not have done while a Freshman in college unless he was convicted of a felony means absolutely nothing to me. Maybe that is because I did a lot of dumb things at that age!

I agree with both of you.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:25 AM   #42
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I believe this woman regarding the sexual assault. It's too goofy to make something like that up, plus we all know that athletes who think they are God's gift to the world believe they can get away with anything and are capable of doing some really stupid stuff.

There's really nothing that can be done about it at this point, all these many years later with all these settlements and confidentiality agreements signed. There are no witnesses. Nobody has come forward to say Manning told them he admitted to doing this to the doctor.

So really, all we have is the ability to try and sully Manning's name, which is fine...I'm sure he deserves at least this...but I doubt it will stick all that much in the end.
It is goofy, but it definitely has happened. The Duke LaCrosse case comes immediately to mind.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2016, 01:03 PM   #43
Mandrake
Veteran

Some activities which are not strictly erotic, e.g. mooning, streaking and skinny dipping, are sometimes categorized as sexual misconduct. Let's get rid of the assault depiction. A dumb 19 year old probably didn't even know that a moon shot was such a thing. They wanted women if football, thus the consequences. I wonder how many female trainers were hired after her.
Mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2016, 01:08 PM   #44
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake
Some activities which are not strictly erotic, e.g. mooning, streaking and skinny dipping, are sometimes categorized as sexual misconduct. Let's get rid of the assault depiction. A dumb 19 year old probably didn't even know that a moon shot was such a thing. They wanted women if football, thus the consequences. I wonder how many female trainers were hired after her.
Actually, what Maning was accused of doing IS sexual assault. Pretty clear cut actually...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2016, 01:33 PM   #45
Mandrake
Veteran

1. The article was written solely from the document the plaintiff's lawyer wrote. Not from the final decree.

2. Why would an article like this start with Cam Newton? The guy's motives are obvious.

3. The writer states that he is a black man although his birth certificate list two white parents.

4. The writer said he was beat up by a bunch of white students because he is black, and they actually threw him out of black lives matters.

5. Funny how the current sexual assault situation at Tennessee wasn't written about? I wonder why.

The guy definitely has an agenda, no objectivity at all. I can't see how it is taken as gospel.
Mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote Reply