Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-15-2011, 07:33 AM   #121
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog42
And remember Jog, the Repugs would rather cut Social Security than raise taxes on this guy. That seems fair.
Excuse me, but it was OBAMA who threatened to withhold the SS checks, the very first thing that came to mind. Even though we take in more money every month than we need to pay our interest and pay out SS.

Funny the number of known waste and non-essential expense he could have gone after first.

An insight into how he thinks?
Old 07-15-2011, 09:14 AM   #122
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog42
When is the last time that Housing bottomed out like this ? 1935? When is the last time that the banks were in danger of closing ;some of them permanantly? 1935. when is the last time that the deficit GNP percentage was this high ?Never!! So endeth the history lesson. The Obama haters on this board can't have it both ways.
Half of you say that things were much worse when the Great God Reagan took over, and he made it right just like that. Snap. The deficit increased hugely during his administration and so did the number of government employees. Half of you say that things or much worse and that it is all Obamas fault. If Joseph Stalin was president, he could not have done the damage that you say Obama has in 2.5 years. Nobody could have done this much damage and nobody could have helped the economy that much either. I am waiting for some Obama hater to publish a retouched photo of Obama with horns.
You guys are hating Obama for the wrong reasons. You should be saying why hasn't he got us out of an insane war in Iraq, Like he promised? You can sign ME up for that. I have lots of Bones to pick with Obama and I don't really like him, but blaming this economic mess on him is just stupid.
I never, ever said Reagan was a "Great God". I was merely reminding you of a time I feel was worse. As far as banks failing, pehaps you are forgetting how many Savings & Loans went under in the early 80's.

I will say this, Obama has no business being in the White House, and is clearly in over his head. Aside form the deficit, he has spent more money than all presidents combined. Reagan finally was able to turn things around, something I perosnally don't think Obama is capable of. I am in sales, and I have first hand experience with paychecks that are smaller today than they were five years ago. Are yours?
Old 07-15-2011, 10:23 AM   #123
maddog42

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin
I never, ever said Reagan was a "Great God". I was merely reminding you of a time I feel was worse. As far as banks failing, pehaps you are forgetting how many Savings & Loans went under in the early 80's.

I will say this, Obama has no business being in the White House, and is clearly in over his head. Aside form the deficit, he has spent more money than all presidents combined. Reagan finally was able to turn things around, something I perosnally don't think Obama is capable of. I am in sales, and I have first hand experience with paychecks that are smaller today than they were five years ago. Are yours?
He hasn't even spent more than the last 2 combined? Where do you get this crazy crap?
Old 07-15-2011, 11:13 AM   #124
The Judge

Wisconsin

Obama is in over his head? It is the Republicans that are in over their heads. They are the ones that said "NO" to every proposal that he and the Democrats came up with. This has been going on since the day the man took office and as a matter of fact is going on at this very moment. The Republicans became known as "The Party of No."

The Republicans took it upon themselves to stop every proposal that this man came up with no matter how GOOD the proposal was. What GOOD proposals would that be? Well the proposals that the Republicans themselves were in favor of until this new President presented them. They then became bad. How silly can you get.

Take the Debt Ceiling "The Republicans haven’t always been against increasing the federal debt ceiling. This is the first time in recent history (the past decade or so) that no Republican has voted for the increase. In fact, on most of the ten other votes to increase the federal debt limit that the Senate has taken since 1997, the Republicans provided the majority of the votes in favor." http://www.opencongress.org/articles...e-Debt-Ceiling

If OBAMA is in over his head then thank God McCain and Palin didn't win.

According to the right wingers, the country has been driven into the toilet by one man ,OBAMA. Yet, the best the Republicans and the Tea Party can do for candidates are the quality of Michelle Bachman, and Thaddeus McCotter. Good luck with that.

Are Newt and "The Donald, Where's Your Birth Certificate, Trump" still running are have they tuck tail and slithered from the scene.

In over his head indeed.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2011, 11:40 AM   #125
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

He is a light weight who has no clue, no plan, no solution.
No leadership, no communication skills.
Talk about yer party of no!
Old 07-15-2011, 12:00 PM   #126
alytim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
He is a light weight who has no clue, no plan, no solution.
No leadership, no communication skills.
Talk about yer party of no!
Wonderful description of George W. Bush.
alytim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #127
rwryley

Sometimes the President Isn't To Blame.

If you read the financial news you read that the Borders Books chain, which is already in Chapter 11 bankruptcy, is very likely to go into Chapter 7 liquidation sometime next week.

This will mean that 10,000 employees of that company will soon lose their jobs. In the last couple of years 10,000 employees have already been laid off. That is a big spike of job loss coming from one company. Having worked for that company I can honestly say that its problems came not from any government or any president. They came from at least ten years of bad management and missing every new trend in the industry.

Yet, the way some talk here, when those numbers hit the books it will just be part of a job loss statistic that's all Obama's fault. That's as crappy and politically motivated a comment as it would be to blame Bush if he were president.

Honestly, I hate it when politics that has nothing to do with thoroughbred racing or wagering invades this forum.
rwryley is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2011, 02:57 PM   #128
RaceBookJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwryley
If you read the financial news you read that the Borders Books chain, which is already in Chapter 11 bankruptcy, is very likely to go into Chapter 7 liquidation sometime next week.

This will mean that 10,000 employees of that company will soon lose their jobs. In the last couple of years 10,000 employees have already been laid off. That is a big spike of job loss coming from one company. Having worked for that company I can honestly say that its problems came not from any government or any president. They came from at least ten years of bad management and missing every new trend in the industry.

Yet, the way some talk here, when those numbers hit the books it will just be part of a job loss statistic that's all Obama's fault. That's as crappy and politically motivated a comment as it would be to blame Bush if he were president.

Honestly, I hate it when politics that has nothing to do with thoroughbred racing or wagering invades this forum.

Thats the reason this is called Off Topic. If you like to read about racing/wagering you just stick with those threads in those sections. rbj
Old 07-15-2011, 03:27 PM   #129
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alytim
2011 to alytim...2011 to alytim.
Come in alytim.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:02 PM   #130
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Why do you feel the need to even mention a guy who has been out of office for 2.5 years?

How odd.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2011, 05:49 PM   #131
ArlJim78

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwryley

Obama took responsibility for the economy, said that he owned it. said that the stimulus would turn everything around. none of it came true, so why is it not fair to call him on it? he bailed out his constituents in unions and public service and big corporations. you better believe that those folks recognize what Obama did for them, they give him the credit. why shouldn't the less fortunate and unconnected get to give him blame? do you really think that Borders has not suffered due to Obama's lingering depression?

as far as the last point, have you ever read this offtopic section before? it is 80% politics 100% of the time. there are ample threads upstairs for on-topic stuff.
something for everyone!
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2011, 06:08 PM   #132
ArlJim78

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge
Obama is in over his head? It is the Republicans that are in over their heads. They are the ones that said "NO" to every proposal that he and the Democrats came up with. This has been going on since the day the man took office and as a matter of fact is going on at this very moment. The Republicans became known as "The Party of No."

The Republicans took it upon themselves to stop every proposal that this man came up with no matter how GOOD the proposal was. What GOOD proposals would that be? Well the proposals that the Republicans themselves were in favor of until this new President presented them. They then became bad. How silly can you get.

Take the Debt Ceiling "The Republicans haven’t always been against increasing the federal debt ceiling. This is the first time in recent history (the past decade or so) that no Republican has voted for the increase. In fact, on most of the ten other votes to increase the federal debt limit that the Senate has taken since 1997, the Republicans provided the majority of the votes in favor." http://www.opencongress.org/articles...e-Debt-Ceiling

If OBAMA is in over his head then thank God McCain and Palin didn't win.

According to the right wingers, the country has been driven into the toilet by one man ,OBAMA. Yet, the best the Republicans and the Tea Party can do for candidates are the quality of Michelle Bachman, and Thaddeus McCotter. Good luck with that.

Are Newt and "The Donald, Where's Your Birth Certificate, Trump" still running are have they tuck tail and slithered from the scene.

In over his head indeed.
okay Judge, let me help you out here because you have some facts wrong.
For the first two years of Obama presidency he had a filibuster proof senate majority and owned the house. how exacty were Republicans able to earn the party of No label under these circumstances?

as far as good proposals, you will have to name them because I can't think of any.

No the Republicans haven't always been against raising the debt ceiling, and THEY AREN"T NOW. All of the top leadership to a man has said that they will increase the debt ceiling and do not want a default. they are trying to add a new feature to the exercise however. CONTROL. Their mandate is to get something in return for raising the debt ceiling, namely an equal amount of spending cuts and no tax increases. the last thing this out of control bunch needs is a new revenue stream to squander and our economy sure doesn't need a tax hike.

So yes Repbublicans have always voted to raise the debt ceiling, because they were also part of the problem. Now there are new republicans and a tea party base which is trying to force them to mend their ways. no more of the same spending binges.

There are billions and billions that can and should be cut from the government. Those cuts will never be made if we increase taxes.
Revenue is down and it will stay down most likely, so there needs to be a rebalancing.

PS: McCotter and Bachmann can run circles around Obama in every respect. The man is a complete loser, and petulant child. Easily the worst and most damaging president in history. By every measure our country has sunk both domestically and around the globe.

Last edited by ArlJim78; 07-15-2011 at 06:10 PM.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2011, 06:42 PM   #133
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge

Every possible solution was there for the taking before the 2010 elections. If there was ANYTHING he could do or would do, it would already have occurred. The fact of the matter is, he has no solution. We are headed for the same trouble as Greece, and soon Italy and others. He is the ultimate commander in grief.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:11 PM   #134
fast4522

President Carter was a highly educated man but a consummate idiot while serving as our President. Today we have a President who can actually make President Carter look good. What do these two men have in common? The McGovernics machine, the people behind both men are the same people. Now they are saying they will not raise the debt limit just because he's black. Who here is stupid enough to fall for that load of crap?
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2011, 07:15 PM   #135
dartman51

Quote:
Earth to alytim...........Bush has been gone over 2 and 1/2 years.....Get a life.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply