Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Pace Advantage Toga Party Part XII

Old 07-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #16
GatetoWire

I will be attending Thurs-Sat for sure.

I may come up and day early and/or stay for Sunday depending on how work goes that week.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #17
Zaf
Pace Cappa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Yes, there will be free food and drink (soda) on Saturday the 18th, along with a special, limited edition, commemorative giveaway sublimated jersey, that, trust me, is VERY nice...

I still haven't decided how I'm going to give these away...thinking of holding a "Private Message Race" where those who know they're going to be there Saturday will PM me to reserve their giveaway...first PM, first serve, with preference given to those who have been "regulars" at the Toga Parties over the years...

There will be less than 50 of these jerseys given away, in various sizes.

They are being produced by our own Jay Trotter and feature the photography of our own Jason Moran.

Here's an example of a jersey Trotter did for Assiniboia Downs:
Wow those look awesome PA , be there the 17th, 18th

Z
Old 07-11-2012, 11:23 PM   #18
Ron

I'll try to make it on the 18th! I think someone said they wanted to punch me if they ever saw me, but I hope they forgot.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #19
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

10th Anniversary Toga Party Jersey

Please find attached the official
PaceAdvantage.com 10th Anniversary Toga Party Jersey

Sizes Available -- Small to 3XL

Images courtesy of Jason Moran (Moran Photography)

Front Image
This Spots Taken!
PHOTO

Back Images
Saratoga Sunrise
PHOTO
&
Real Life Canvas
PHOTO

Attached Files
File Type: pdf PaceAdvantage Toga Party Jersey.pdf (376.1 KB, 59 views)

Jim Schoenfeld
Old 07-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #20
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Can't believe it's here already. Work's been nuts so I guess I haven't been able to indulge in any Saratoga daydreaming. But heading up tomorrow morning and will be there for open house. Next report from the Spa.....
Old 07-13-2012, 11:10 PM   #21
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Looking forward to seeing you, Al.

Unless things go awry, the Rookies' posse will be at The Spa from Thursday- Monday this year!
Old 07-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #22
Jasonm921

Looks great....I will probably be up there the 11th and 12th. I'll stop by.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #23
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Well, travelled up the Northway but don't think I went back 150 years. Much looks the same though. Got the place about set up and ready to head over to B'way for some food. Hot here but nice to be back!
Old 07-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #24
Dave Schwartz

Okay, I admit it... I am weakening.

Would someone please tell me why I shouldn't go?
Old 07-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #25
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
Okay, I admit it... I am weakening.

Would someone please tell me why I shouldn't go?
Because you feel too old and bothered to make the trip?

Now if that doesn't incite you to get yourself here, I don't know what will. Shall I be saving you a seat?
Old 07-15-2012, 12:23 AM   #26
Dave Schwartz

Not sure yet. Beth is working on air fares. I have a big seminar the weekend before so I can't come for both weekends like last time.

We'll see.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:21 AM   #27
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

And by the way, I'm fully aware that the sleeve patch says "Saratoga Race Track" instead of the more appropriate "Saratoga Race Course."

In proofing the final design, I can't believe I missed that. Trying to have it altered last minute before these suckers go into "mass production..."
Old 07-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #28
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Back home from my first trip up. Going back on the 26th. For those travelling the ramps and bridge on exit 14 are now complete and provide a much better access than before. There is some construction around Albany, but it was a little worse going south rather than north. Overall not bad though.

Work all over on the track getting ready. Was staring at the infield this morning and couldn't put my finger on what was different until I realized the tote board hadn't been set up yet. Probably on the way up from Belmont even as I looked in wondering. Can't say much about the Carousel food area s it is still a work in progress.

Had pizza number 1 last night from D'Andrea's. To give an accurate review let's set up the day. Went to Stadium Cafe around 1 to watch the ball game. Yeah, I know I said I wasn't going back there for the food, but more wanted beer and baseball. Burger I had there wasn't bad but the service there is still pretty weak. After the game we went by Tin and Lint. Been meaning to go there for some time and finally got around to it. Fun place and has a decent pool table. Needless to say by the time we got back home many beers had been consumed, so wanting food we didn't have to cook, I walked down to D'Andrea's and ordered a pie. It was made promptly and looked nice but really didn't taste too good. The ingrediants were good and fresh, like you get on the pies up there, but the crust was like soggy bread. Fairly disappointing for a place regularly rated well. Cannot recommend, even after many beers.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #29
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

I will be arriving tonight, another great season is about to begin, what a wonderful time of year it is, thou a little warm, not as bad as last year started out to be.

Thou my stay may be not be as long as last year's, I will enjoy the pleasure of more coming and going this year, never quite sure of when and where I will be staying.

But getting to the good places like Auggie's, and The Circus Cafe, Tiznow, and not to forget the breakfast at Price Chopper's, as well as the best donuts in town too.

The sunrise's over the Ok tracks with this mist in the air are always worth getting up early for.

For me it was never about a 50.00 martini at the night clubs, but more about the backstretch and knowing and becoming friends with the workers and trainers, and all those behind the scene's at the Spa, amazing and dedicated people from all over the world work back there, as I have friends from the middle east, south america , Ireland, and europe too, all loving the job they do to bring some of the best racing in world to us, thank them when you see them , let them know your appreciation, maybe even look into helping out B.E.S.T with a donation to help those working back there, this is a Charity, Mrs Whitney started years ago, a great orginization, just a thought after you hit that big payoff, which I hope you all do....

Well I will be in out this season and hope to see a few of you who are my friends, and other's well maybe not, but either way enjoy this year, as it seems change is on the way for NYRA, but we'll worry about that when we need to.

Be safe this summer

patrick

Last edited by pktruckdriver; 07-17-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #30
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver
the best donuts in town too.
While they may hold a certain allure, never forget - Donuts are a formidable enemy in the battle of the bulge.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: