Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #256
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonm921
That race was horrible. Palace Malace was staggering so bad that I thought he was gonna break down. I went back and watched Easy Goer's stretch run and that was power. Now no one will ever confuse the two but how were none of the other runners charging at the end? The final 6 furlongs was putrid. Speechless...
This year's final time was a fast as the last 3. 6f in 1:10 isn't bad in a 1 1/2 mile race. Did you expect them to finish in 1:10 also? I thought it was a good race, and Palice Malice was not "staggering". Which race did you watch?

Update:
2013 time was 2:30.70
2012 time was 2:30.42
2011 time was 2:30.88
2010 time was 2:31.57

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America

Last edited by raybo; 06-08-2013 at 10:09 PM.
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #257
iceknight

This Belmont stakes.. neither did it offer a powerful winner who motored home after taking the lead, nor did it offer a SINGLE closer who could close with some authority to at least challenge Palace Malice.
In that respect, it was a let down.

But, of course, we don't get great horses every year, so it's ok. I will be happy with powerful performances at the mile from Wise Dan.. and then I am looking forward to watching Animal Kingdom across the pond soon.
iceknight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #258
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
Well at least someone I 'know" won....Nice catch.
Just saw too much speed at 7f so went with the two best closers. There's a couple that were in there that are going to be monsters at 6f. Didn't hurt that they were two of the better performers at 7f which is the first thing I look for at 7. One of my favorite distances to play as 6f monsters often become very tired animals in that last panel.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2013, 10:37 PM   #259
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al
Just saw too much speed at 7f so went with the two best closers. There's a couple that were in there that are going to be monsters at 6f. Didn't hurt that they were two of the better performers at 7f which is the first thing I look for at 7. One of my favorite distances to play as 6f monsters often become very tired animals in that last panel.
Oh yeah. On 7f races I look for front runners that can rate on the lead or stalk. Lone speed will win every time. I don;t care if they run two miles. When there is this many speed balls, ya gotta look for the rally horses.
This race cried out for closers.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2013, 10:49 PM   #260
thespaah

a little perspective on Belmont Stakes time

Now I am willing to give a little break seeing as the first half was run in 1:10 and change. I don't care what the opinion of the 3YO crop is. That's quick for a 12 furlong race. Especially on a drying out surface. Belmont drying out tends to be a tiring track. I refuse to use those worn out cliches "glib", "deep" or "cuppy".

Todays Belmont they ran the final 8 furlongs in 1:44.04 seconds.
Do I think these horses are slow runners? No. Does this make me think this years 3YO crop is of low quality? No...
I think the fast outer half and the track condition toward the end of the day( drying out) was the issue.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #261
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Now I am willing to give a little break seeing as the first half was run in 1:10 and change. I don't care what the opinion of the 3YO crop is. That's quick for a 12 furlong race. Especially on a drying out surface. Belmont drying out tends to be a tiring track. I refuse to use those worn out cliches "glib", "deep" or "cuppy".

Todays Belmont they ran the final 8 furlongs in 1:44.04 seconds.
Do I think these horses are slow runners? No. Does this make me think this years 3YO crop is of low quality? No...
I think the fast outer half and the track condition toward the end of the day( drying out) was the issue.
Well said!

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #262
nijinski

Quote:
I don't red board. It's in very poor form...However, like an idiot, I missed the Equipment change on Palace Malice.
I think that one fact may have changed the way I bet this race.
DAMN!,....Stupid.
Where have you been ? it was a given that the blinkers were a
mistake and were coming off .
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2013, 10:09 PM   #263
Investorater

American Champion Three-Year-Old Male Horse

In post #235 of this thread I should have said this race is on for three-year-old

of the year (2013) and not American Horse of the Year ...
Investorater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply