Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #1
Stillriledup
Veteran

Official PA "Stable Mail" thread.

Add any horse here that you see around the country that you think we all need to add to our stable mail, with a little writeup if you feel like it.
Here's one to start.

Dora Dora

She's a 3yo Filly by Donerail Court who won tonight at Charles Town in the 3rd race. She had 3 lifetime starts heading into this race with Beyers of 30, 46 and 51. I'm guessing her winning Beyer tonight will be higher than 51, but this is a horse who is infinitely better than the Beyers suggest. She's great looking with a long stride, some high knee action, but she seems to have power, she was off a beat slow here, rushed up powerfully to engage 3 wide, and just crushed the field while being pretty much on her own, really reaching out the right way.

Now, i know she beat slowpokes, but the way she did it and the way she looks, she could be any kind of horse in the West Va bred ranks. She seems like a real 'open company' type of horse, WV breds are really going to have to do some running to beat her when she shows up again, if she shows up again at CT or Mtn. She's raced at Laurel, Pimlico and Delaware and now CT, so she could really show up anywhere next time.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #2
Mineshaft
Veteran

are we looking for horses that will win at next asking?
Mineshaft is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineshaft
Hard to say because we don't know when or where they will show up, maybe they'll be outclassed in their next effort, you have to play it by ear i guess.

I would probably suggest to list a horse who seems better than it looks on paper, or a horse that really caught your eye visually. I think each one of us can determine if we want to bet that horse next time out, depending on the situation.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #4
nijinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineshaft
If we could only know for sure who "will" win at next asking . Some of us could retire from our jobs .
But I like the idea of the thread . Always good to have horses to watch
for the future . At these small tracks some of you guys might bring those odds way down though
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2013, 10:35 PM   #5
Phantombridgejumpe

One worth an add

Sixteen Stone broke his maiden at Parx this week. I was there and the people around him looked very serious. I would say pleased with the win (more satisfied than happy).

It is a Kelly Breen horse, I don't think Breen was there, but a couple guys jumped on the phone with another trainer or owner of the horse right after the race.

I don't know what will happen next, but those men with the horse fully expect bigger and better things.
Phantombridgejumpe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #6
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

If we are ice cold betting horses can we throw a football team in the mix? Might be some value there....."the bet back thread"
wiffleball whizz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2013, 11:34 PM   #7
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

I'll give you one I mentioned in the "class" thread. Belmont 6/21/2013, race 4, the 4 horse, Ale. This horse ran a very "classy" race, IMO, controlling the pace early, got caught and passed at the top of the stretch, but didn't give up, fought back to re-pass and win the race by almost a length.

Give him a race, if he doesn't get a rest, since that one probably took a bit out of him. If he runs in a similar class of horses (meaning you have to look at the field, not just the man-made class), and appears to be in good form, I wouldn't bet against him.

Attached Images
File Type: png Ale stable thread.png (68.1 KB, 480 views)

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America

Last edited by raybo; 06-22-2013 at 11:41 PM.
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2013, 04:24 AM   #8
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantombridgejumpe
Sixteen Stone broke his maiden at Parx this week. I was there and the people around him looked very serious. I would say pleased with the win (more satisfied than happy).

It is a Kelly Breen horse, I don't think Breen was there, but a couple guys jumped on the phone with another trainer or owner of the horse right after the race.

I don't know what will happen next, but those men with the horse fully expect bigger and better things.
Thanks for this heads up, i'll check out his replay when i get around to it.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:26 AM   #9
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybo
I'll give you one I mentioned in the "class" thread. Belmont 6/21/2013, race 4, the 4 horse, Ale. This horse ran a very "classy" race, IMO, controlling the pace early, got caught and passed at the top of the stretch, but didn't give up, fought back to re-pass and win the race by almost a length.

Give him a race, if he doesn't get a rest, since that one probably took a bit out of him. If he runs in a similar class of horses (meaning you have to look at the field, not just the man-made class), and appears to be in good form, I wouldn't bet against him.
Good stuff on Ale, i have a decent comment on him. Very game win, he really fought hard and sort has a nice look about him.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #10
Phantombridgejumpe

Wow...

Certainly your comments mean more than - won driving.

One thing to be passed by a bit and come back, but 5 lengths?

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #11
Phantombridgejumpe

Cool...

Let me know what you think. I think the #1 is a decent talent indicator in that group. The #6 was visually nice in the paddock and faught hard to edge the #1 for second.

For now I would wait on the Mott horse from the race (#2).
Old 06-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #12
NTamm1215

Quote:

Thanks for the heads up.
When he lost the lead he was a head back, 5 lengths clear of the 3rd horse. It was a game win, but he was never passed by a large margin.
NTamm1215 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #13
castaway01

Quote:

Thanks for the heads up.
He didn't come back 5 lengths; he was in second a head back and 5 lengths ahead of the 3rd place horse.

Good idea for a thread.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #14
Longshot6977

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215
When he lost the lead he was a head back, 5 lengths clear of the 3rd horse. It was a game win, but he was never passed by a large margin.
You beat me to it, but this is the proper way to read the result charts.

However, the Equibase result charts include a past performance running line which is what we're all used to seeing like in the PPs. Then you don't have to add up all the lengths behind yourself.

But is this thread aimed to be like the 'Horses to Watch' in the ATM magazine? If so, I think we need to add emphasis that a brief write up is required and not just the horse's name, agreed?
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #15
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Yeah, those beaten lengths were actually leading lengths, and they were from Brisnet charts. You can opt to view the beaten lengths too but I didn't post those. Yes, the horse was headed at the top of the stretch, not by 5 lengths. It was still an impressive effort for a claimer, IMO, when you consider that the track was Belmont. We all know what that stretch run will do to a horse if they move too soon.

I agree, that without some kind of commentary, just posting a horse's name doesn't tell you much, unless you watch the replay or post the chart(s). I watched that replay, for Ale, several times and found his effort impressive.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply