Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-19-2018, 12:08 AM   #1
AJanks

Old Tote Tickets

Hey everyone,

Not 100% sure that I posted this in the correct page. If I didn't, my apologies and I would appreciate it being moved, thank you.

With that being said, I was wondering if anybody on here happened to have any of the old, heavy cardboard tote tickets lying around their house that they would be willing to part ways with.

I am 18 years old and these are obviously a couple of decades before my time, but I decided that it was a neat and cheap way to collect some horse racing history. I have about 70+ tracks/meets/fairs so far and I am always looking to add to my collection. Unfortunately, many of these tracks are very tough to find, and although I know tickets exist from pictures online, I haven't had the opportunity to buy them at a reasonable price or otherwise obtain them.

So, if anyone on here has any tickets they would be willing to send my way, please send a message to me. I have a few extras and would be willing to send them back to you if wanted. Additionally, if anybody needs pictures or scans of them for a website or project, I would be happy to provide them. I know it may seem like a silly thing to collect, but it's definitely interesting to me and I'm aware of about 150 different meets that had tickets issued. Something cool for me to do with my free time.

Thank you.
AJanks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2018, 11:46 AM   #2
toddbowker
Todd Bowker

While I know at 18 budgets are tight, eBay is always a great place. Often times people post small to medium sized lots of tickets for not a ton of money.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-20-H...S/392082035237

Also, you can sometimes find singles for tracks you may have never heard of.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRANDYWINE-...E/392079727229

Good luck!
toddbowker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: