Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-02-2018, 12:24 AM   #31
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
they never appear in my TVG account, or my expressbet account.
You need a betting provider who offers them.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2018, 01:30 AM   #32
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post
You need a betting provider who offers them.
I only think there are 3 in arizona who allow betting.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2018, 02:41 AM   #33
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbraddick View Post
Hi People!

I will be on hand for opening weekend at the new Arizona Downs - welcoming people, old friends and new, hopefully assisting some new players along the way. I am also one of the admins on the Facebook page and am really looking forward to this.

Tom Auther and his organization together with GM Ann McGovern have been working tremendously hard and work continues to renovate the grandstand. I was there on July 4 and work was still going on.

The facility has always had the potential to be a lot more than it was and there is now a winning team in place. The opening of our first OTB is very exciting and we look forward again to becoming part of the Tri-City community.

If you are coming by on Friday or Saturday, please stop and say "Hello!"

Regards.
Are you going to call the races?
Old 08-02-2018, 10:49 AM   #34
highnote

Quote:
I only think there are 3 in arizona who allow betting.
Does az only allow in state residents to use in state adw's?
Old 08-02-2018, 11:02 AM   #35
GMB@BP

Quote:
Does az only allow in state residents to use in state adw's?
just the approved ones that applied through the state, and think that is TVG and xpressbet (and their offshoots like drfbets), there may be on other.

the platform that applies have to allow for phone betting as you are not allowed to use the internet.

and while that really sucks, they almost pulled the plug completely 6 months ago.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:18 AM   #36
highnote

Quote:
just the approved ones that applied through the state, and think that is TVG and xpressbet (and their offshoots like drfbets), there may be on other.

the platform that applies have to allow for phone betting as you are not allowed to use the internet.

and while that really sucks, they almost pulled the plug completely 6 months ago.
We had the same situation in my state. I complained to our attorney general about it. He told me in an email not to worry about it. He said I would not be arrested -- even though he was the one that ordered xpressbet, racing channel, and philly phone bet to close accounts if residents in my state.

So now I bet wherever I can get an account with rebates.

Xoressbet, racing channel, philly phone bet, and twinspires are out.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:22 AM   #37
spiketoo

Quote:

So this didn't happen then?

Turf Paradise in Phoenix, Ariz., is pulling the plug on telephone wagering less than three years after the outdated service went into effect.

A statement on the Turf Paradise website said: “Effective January 9, 2018, all Phone Betting Accounts for Arizona residents will no longer be active. This includes phone betting accounts with TVG, Twin Spires, Xpressbet and Turf Paradise Bets. Contact your Phone Bet Provider to get the return of your money.”...

With Phone betting, less money was being wagered on-track and thru our OTB system. Thus, less money was available for purses and our business.

In the three years we have conducted Phone Betting, approximately $3.6 million has been taken from the Arizona horse racing industry.

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/r...hone-wagering/

Last edited by spiketoo; 08-02-2018 at 11:24 AM.
spiketoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2018, 11:27 AM   #38
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiketoo View Post
Not quite as of Jan 9, 2018....

Turf Paradise in Phoenix, Ariz., is pulling the plug on telephone wagering less than three years after the outdated service went into effect.

A statement on the Turf Paradise website said: “Effective January 9, 2018, all Phone Betting Accounts for Arizona residents will no longer be active. This includes phone betting accounts with TVG, Twin Spires, Xpressbet and Turf Paradise Bets. Contact your Phone Bet Provider to get the return of your money.”...

With Phone betting, less money was being wagered on-track and thru our OTB system. Thus, less money was available for purses and our business.

In the three years we have conducted Phone Betting, approximately $3.6 million has been taken from the Arizona horse racing industry.

Turf Paradise was pulling the same crap on the old Yavapai racetrack. It was their way of stifling competition. This is one of the topics that came up when Jeff Platt of HANA and I met with Yavapai management.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:51 AM   #39
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiketoo View Post
So this didn't happen then?

It happened right up to the deadline day, in fact two of my accounts were closed and checks were mailed.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:59 AM   #40
highnote

Quote:
It happened right up to the deadline day, in fact two of my accounts were closed and checks were mailed.
Turf Paradise not being able to run an ADW reminds me of what Mayor Bloomberg of NYC said about NYOTB -- they are the only legal bookie that doesn't know how to make money.
Old 08-02-2018, 12:04 PM   #41
GMB@BP

Quote:
Turf Paradise not being able to run an ADW reminds me of what Mayor Bloomberg of NYC said about NYOTB -- they are the only legal bookie that doesn't know how to make money.
oh they want to, the Indians in the state made what little they are allowed to do very difficult. they pretty much run this states gambling.
Old 08-02-2018, 12:11 PM   #42
highnote

Quote:
oh they want to, the Indians in the state made what little they are allowed to do very difficult. they pretty much run this states gambling.
The Indians probably pay off politicians with campaign financing. This is one of the downsides of allowing corporations to fund political campaigns. Democracy suffers. The financiers get what they want at the expense of the citizens.

Horseplayers, tracks, and horsemen need to be on the same side and lobby for their rights. This was one of the things I had hoped HANA would facilitate.

Last edited by highnote; 08-02-2018 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:57 PM   #43
craigbraddick

We have a lot of great things going on at the new Arizona Downs right now!

The OTB is doing very well. Last week we had our first free to enter handicapping competition with cash prizes and we will have another one this week. All our welcome. First prize is $100.00!

Every weekend I am in the OTB meeting horseplayers and teaching newbies how to handicap. We have all the top tracks available to watch and wager on.

We also do a weekly podcast "The Starting Gate" on a Thursday night about goings on at AZD looking forward to this weekends racing. I produce and present that.

We also do "Arizona Downs Live" on Facebook every Saturday and Sunday and I preview some races with guest handicappers. I also update the FB page.

Over the next few months we will be opening more OTB's as we ramp up for opening day in 2019! Also, over the next few months the Grandstand renovation will be completed with new eating options and we are already planning non racing events to use the facility in different ways.

Dennis Moore one of the best track people in the world, responsible for renovations at Del Mar, Santa Anita and the Breeders Cup tracks will be responsible for the complete renovation of the racing surface! Truly working with the best in the business!

We have had tremendous support from the local community who want Arizona Downs to succeed and the reaction and support from the horsemen of Arizona has been fantastic.

Above all, we want to offer a customer service experience that is better, more enjoyable and more friendly than the competition and we are working hard to do that! In the coming months we will also be unveiling lots of new things improvements. So stay tuned!

It is a great experience to be contributing too and I am very thankful to the new owners and think we have the one of the best GM's in the country in Ann McGovern whose experience and expertise combined with the team she is assembling cannot wait to bring live racing back in May 2019!

And of course I would be happy to answer any questions on here!

I would invite those of you on FB to please follow us: www.facebook.com/arizonadownsracetrack

Cheers!

Craig.
Old 08-02-2018, 04:04 PM   #44
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbraddick View Post
We have a lot of great things going on at the new Arizona Downs right now!

The OTB is doing very well. Last week we had our first free to enter handicapping competition with cash prizes and we will have another one this week. All our welcome. First prize is $100.00!

Every weekend I am in the OTB meeting horseplayers and teaching newbies how to handicap. We have all the top tracks available to watch and wager on.

We also do a weekly podcast "The Starting Gate" on a Thursday night about goings on at AZD looking forward to this weekends racing. I produce and present that.

We also do "Arizona Downs Live" on Facebook every Saturday and Sunday and I preview some races with guest handicappers. I also update the FB page.

Over the next few months we will be opening more OTB's as we ramp up for opening day in 2019! Also, over the next few months the Grandstand renovation will be completed with new eating options and we are already planning non racing events to use the facility in different ways.

Dennis Moore one of the best track people in the world, responsible for renovations at Del Mar, Santa Anita and the Breeders Cup tracks will be responsible for the complete renovation of the racing surface! Truly working with the best in the business!

We have had tremendous support from the local community who want Arizona Downs to succeed and the reaction and support from the horsemen of Arizona has been fantastic.

Above all, we want to offer a customer service experience that is better, more enjoyable and more friendly than the competition and we are working hard to do that! In the coming months we will also be unveiling lots of new things improvements. So stay tuned!

It is a great experience to be contributing too and I am very thankful to the new owners and think we have the one of the best GM's in the country in Ann McGovern whose experience and expertise combined with the team she is assembling cannot wait to bring live racing back in May 2019!

And of course I would be happy to answer any questions on here!

I would invite those of you on FB to please follow us: www.facebook.com/arizonadownsracetrack

Cheers!

Craig.
Terrific! Good luck!
Old 08-02-2018, 04:12 PM   #45
spiketoo

Well done Craig. May make a drive to beat the heat this weekend. I'll buy (but don't let that get around OK?).
spiketoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: