Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 11-17-2023, 04:26 PM   #46
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
The one time he met a decent defense this year in Notre Dame he laid an egg. Add that to the past failures of high draft pick QBs from USC in the NFL, he could be out of the top 10.
He hasn't impressed me this season. Vs Utah he couldn't make plays when he had to. The Utah qb, did. Bo Nix managed the game while Williams got off to a slow start . Oregon had it wrapped up by mid 3rd

Usc has lost 4 games, defense being the main reason. But Williams hasn't been the best qb on the field more than once this year. I'd look elsewhere for a first overall pick
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2023, 05:23 PM   #47
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
He hasn't impressed me this season. Vs Utah he couldn't make plays when he had to. The Utah qb, did. Bo Nix managed the game while Williams got off to a slow start . Oregon had it wrapped up by mid 3rd

Usc has lost 4 games, defense being the main reason. But Williams hasn't been the best qb on the field more than once this year. I'd look elsewhere for a first overall pick

I must be some kind of an oddball as I am way more concerned about how a kid put up the numbers than the numbers themselves. I find it often the way the commentators in college games ignore this as puzzling There is no way I am catching things they are missing. They will mention O vs W as Nix vs Penix
and ignore the fact O has a far superior defense. To gauge a defense I look more at yards given up than points because of the good QBs won't make the mistakes the bend don't break defenses live on. Another gripe is a QB's highlights, what QB can't connect staring down his best receiver who caught single coverage in a go route? I want to see them throwing to their 3rd or 4th read under duress in a tight window. It can take a long long time for them to show up on a highlight reel.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2023, 06:12 PM   #48
Nitro

Quote:
Fair enough, but I don't see that improvement across the board in the sec. Daniels had a big game vs Florida, but didn't Arkansas beat the gators? Ark is horrible.

Auburn, down
Ole miss, good offense but not on defense.
Miss state, pitiful. Coach fired last week
A&M. So bad they had to pay the head coach 75 million to leave... let that one sink in.
Lsu. Poor defense, horrible tackling
Alabama. Physically dominated by Texas. Ten point loss in Tuscaloosa. Next week looked miserable vs ucf
Arkansas. Folks are calling for Pittman to be canned. Pretty damning given that fan base has had to ramp down expectations over the years

I might be wrong but the sec west is down this season. The pac defenses to me have been better
Your comments are very accurate.

I will say that Alabama has certainly improved but it’s doubtful they’ll get by Georgia.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2023, 02:45 AM   #49
Dahoss2002

Quote:
Fair enough, but I don't see that improvement across the board in the sec. Daniels had a big game vs Florida, but didn't Arkansas beat the gators? Ark is horrible.

Auburn, down
Ole miss, good offense but not on defense.
Miss state, pitiful. Coach fired last week
A&M. So bad they had to pay the head coach 75 million to leave... let that one sink in.
Lsu. Poor defense, horrible tackling
Alabama. Physically dominated by Texas. Ten point loss in Tuscaloosa. Next week looked miserable vs ucf
Arkansas. Folks are calling for Pittman to be canned. Pretty damning given that fan base has had to ramp down expectations over the years

I might be wrong but the sec west is down this season. The pac defenses to me have been better
For the record. I was pulling for the Longhorns that night. Bama my favorite team to root against lol. I do respect their program and coach
Dahoss2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2023, 05:32 PM   #50
Inner Dirt

Piss on this area for broadcast TV or radio. Bo Nix is on but the game on Fox keeps pixelating. For some reason the broadcast TV channels that come in good on weekdays go to hell on weekends when games are on. Bright sunny days are oddly the worst, I am hoping when the sun goes down I can catch some of the 2nd half. Since satellite internet sucked here I could not imagine TV being much better. No way to use a streaming service as my cell wireless internet is very slow on weekends. Rant off.
Old 11-18-2023, 08:00 PM   #51
Inner Dirt

By the time the sun went down and the picture for Oregon vs Arizona St became watchable here is what I got. 3 quick throws to the first read, one of them a swing pass. First read 15 yard pass in the end zone 50-50 ball caught, but TE pushed the CB for offensive PA. On the last play Nix was sacked on 3rd and a mile trying to get to his 2nd read. Grade B, but that was only 5 drop backs.
Old 11-18-2023, 10:41 PM   #52
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
By the time the sun went down and the picture for Oregon vs Arizona St became watchable here is what I got. 3 quick throws to the first read, one of them a swing pass. First read 15 yard pass in the end zone 50-50 ball caught, but TE pushed the CB for offensive PA. On the last play Nix was sacked on 3rd and a mile trying to get to his 2nd read. Grade B, but that was only 5 drop backs.
It’s too bad you missed so much of that game. Nix put on quite a show with 6 TD passes and 404 yards passing in the first half. They took him out after that with an insurmountable lead.
Final score Oregon 49 / Arizona St 13
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2023, 11:31 PM   #53
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
It’s too bad you missed so much of that game. Nix put on quite a show with 6 TD passes and 404 yards passing in the first half. They took him out after that with an insurmountable lead.

I only got the snaps Nix took in the second half which did not even amount to 10. Watching Penix now, good signal from the start.
Old 11-19-2023, 12:40 AM   #54
Inner Dirt

Watched the whole Washington @ Oregon State game, even because of
slippery footballs for 80% of the game and drops making his stat line look like a D-he made some flat out bad throws even during breaks in the weather when guys were wide open. I will generously give him a C+ due to weather and teammates letting him down. No way Penix has time to make that back up especially with voters who give a lot of weight to box scores. Another observation, Fowler and Herbstreit are idiots. I wonder if those clowns are told to sell a narrative. Penix had 5 straight incompletions which included 3 drops, one that went through the receiver's hands, and one play where he barely over threw a receiver who was slowed by the referee missing a jersey grab. I think it was Fowler who said "I have never seen Penix this out of rhythm." I wish I could tune some of those announcers out, those two make people dumber by listening to them.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 11-19-2023 at 12:41 AM.
Old 11-19-2023, 04:00 AM   #55
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
Can someone please explain to me how Nix was eligible to plan this year? I know he was injured while at Auburn, but he still started at least 10 games each season. I thought players got 4 years of eligibility.

Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2023-11-18 at 11.57.53 PM.png (148.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 11-19-2023, 08:37 AM   #56
Bustin Stones

The NCAA gives student athletes 5 years from the day they enroll as full time students to play 4 years. They added a year of eligibility for Covid.
Bustin Stones is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2023, 01:12 AM   #57
Robert Fischer
clean money

Watched a few minutes of highlights. I could be biased about the QB's, especially if their full games don't match their Youtube highlights.

From what I saw, Caleb Williams looked like the top player. I'm not worried about his pocket movement and him adjusting to a faster pro game. I feel he's a step ahead, and his highlights look like he's simply a good ballplayer whose timing will adjust. I don't see him as the top passer. Just get it done and be a top player. Donovan McNabb comes to mind as a dated comparison, although Wiliams looks more advanced with more feel of the pocket pressure and unique style at this point in their careers. He'll need a coach that allows freedom, and some of the stuff KC has done w/ Mahomes pressuring linebackers into a monkey-in-the-middle game with TE or Slot would help. The wrong situation (clamp down on freedom, and a vanilla coordinator) could be a disaster.

The other guys looked good. Penix is a little risky and didn't always throw a ball that I loved, but he has potential to lead NFL teams. Bo Nix looks like a can't miss solid QB. He is fundamentally and intellectually ahead of the class. With hype and decent offense, he has potential to be the top QB drafted.
Jaden Daniels looks good.

Agreed on seeing some poor tackles. Especially the secondary.
Old 11-20-2023, 01:57 AM   #58
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss2002 View Post
For the record. I was pulling for the Longhorns that night. Bama my favorite team to root against lol. I do respect their program and coach
Unfortunately Alabama will have plenty of whacks at Texas beginning next season

A lot of people don't know this, but texas was undefeated vs bama before the 2009 bcs title game. Six games, no Alabama wins and I believe 4 of those were vs bear Bryant. We always had their #.

Doubt that continues.

Beat those aggies next week.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 11-20-2023, 02:08 AM   #59
ElKabong

Auburn lost to New Mexico State last week. 31-10. It's really getting embarrassing out there, just a few years ago they were chasing a natty
Old 11-20-2023, 08:09 AM   #60
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
Watched a few minutes of highlights. I could be biased about the QB's, especially if their full games don't match their Youtube highlights.

From what I saw, Caleb Williams looked like the top player. I'm not worried about his pocket movement and him adjusting to a faster pro game. I feel he's a step ahead, and his highlights look like he's simply a good ballplayer whose timing will adjust. I don't see him as the top passer. Just get it done and be a top player. Donovan McNabb comes to mind as a dated comparison, although Wiliams looks more advanced with more feel of the pocket pressure and unique style at this point in their careers. He'll need a coach that allows freedom, and some of the stuff KC has done w/ Mahomes pressuring linebackers into a monkey-in-the-middle game with TE or Slot would help. The wrong situation (clamp down on freedom, and a vanilla coordinator) could be a disaster.

The other guys looked good. Penix is a little risky and didn't always throw a ball that I loved, but he has potential to lead NFL teams. Bo Nix looks like a can't miss solid QB. He is fundamentally and intellectually ahead of the class. With hype and decent offense, he has potential to be the top QB drafted.
Jaden Daniels looks good.

Agreed on seeing some poor tackles. Especially the secondary.

I am going to label him the typical USC draft bust. He does throw a nice ball into tight windows, but he waits too long on his first read to be open. When forced quickly to read 2 & 3 he struggles, the is what Notre Dame did to him, they picked him 3 times and held him to 199 yds and 1 TD. Penix can make some nice throws, he definitively has an strong arm. Even though he didn't look as bad as the box score showed against Oregon St. due to 75% of the game played in bad weather and teammates dropping balls he did not play that good. My Heisman race is down to Nix and Daniels.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: