Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-17-2018, 12:43 AM   #16
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Matt is the guy you see at the track and then quickly change your seat to another level before he sees you.

Mike is the guy whose car you see in the parking lot and turn around and head for OTB.
Nice hand, sir. Take the pot.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:59 AM   #17
alhattab

Quote:
Matt, Caton, and the other stooge they have on today were dissing the internet today because people were talking about the hosts showing tickets - and then betting them so that there would not be a single winner if it hit. They laughed it off by saying thoise ticket were NOT what they were actually betting, so no problem. those tickets are just "suggestions."

When you suggest someone bet A and they you don't bet A but bet B, isn't that FRAUD????

And what did NYRA do to piss them off?
Just keep shuffling Aqu races to the end of the line. Classy jerks.
Tom you're astute enough to know what the talking heads' jobs are. It isn't to hand out winners. It isn't to provide information. It is to get viewers to wager. Anything else they do or discuss is a means to that one goal. That goal pervades all the discussions other than the nonsense about what Mike Joyce is drinking these days, and even that may contain some sort of subliminal messaging!

Now sometimes I do believe they provide some good info, and I will admit to their info influencing my opinion such as body language and trainer interviews. But I acknowledge all this is provided to get me to wager, whether I have TVG on because I am intently betting the races or because it is because I am casually watching.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2018, 10:46 AM   #18
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I know what their job is and I don't care - a jerk is a jerk.
They felt fine dissing their customers, so I have problem calling them out for what they are - frauds. Just because it's their jobs done's exclude from reality, although I doubt Matt ever experienced reality!

Basically, they are shills.
They should not be upset when they get called out.

Try posting a pic 6 ticket here in Selections, then, after it loses, post that it was just a suggestion and you didn't play it, but had the real one.

See what words worse than "shill" you get back!

Old 02-18-2018, 10:37 PM   #19
thaskalos

Come to think of it...it's a blessing that the TVG hosts aren't actually betting their advertised picks. With their high level of handicapping skill...the game would be a lot tougher to beat with their money actually in the pools.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:56 PM   #20
CincyHorseplayer

Rather hear people talking about horses no matter what. Who gives a shit?!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2018, 09:31 AM   #21
lamboguy

just curious to know if anyone has bet on in play races with Betfair? and if you did, how much could you get down for and at what point of the race did they accept wagers?
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2018, 09:48 AM   #22
rrpic6

Kurt Hoover sends it in. He's been caught more than once forgetting to turn his mike off after a bad beat. All the hosts bet, just not EVERY ticket they give out.

RR
Old 02-19-2018, 10:52 AM   #23
upthecreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
just curious to know if anyone has bet on in play races with Betfair? and if you did, how much could you get down for and at what point of the race did they accept wagers?
From Exchange website:

What is In-Race Wagering?
In-play betting offers customers the unique opportunity to bet on a race after it has started. Markets are turned in-play at the start of the race and customers can bet throughout the duration of the race until the winning horse crosses the finishing line.

What is the in-race bet delay?
There is a one second bet delay applied to all bets placed in-play.

Ive never noticed the amount of $ wagered, but I cant believe its much Also theres such a delay between the App and TV its crazy The other day I was watching a race from Tampa, a mile and something on turf and I had the Betfair App open. On the TV the horses passed the finish line the first time, while on the App , they were still loading in the gate.
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2018, 11:01 AM   #24
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer View Post
Rather hear people talking about horses no matter what. Who gives a shit?!
Sunday, Matt and Mike ver debating the finer points of what determines if it is sleeting or snowing.

Must see TV!
Old 02-19-2018, 11:14 AM   #25
PointGiven

That's all Mike does. My consumption of TVG has drastically reduced because of the nonsense. If Mike and Scott are together I'd rather see if the dentist can work me in. Less painful.

But some of the blame has to go to management and producers. Somebody has to be in his ear telling him to knock it off.

They mange to get the point of pimp the pick 6 across
PointGiven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2018, 11:48 AM   #26
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Sunday, Matt and Mike ver debating the finer points of what determines if it is sleeting or snowing.

Must see TV!
I think Mike is friggin hilarious! I'd love to party with those guys. Seriously though I don't have horseplayers around me a ton so I like hearing anybody just talkin about the game in any aspect. Conversations like this? I'd have to make shit up too if I was mic'd up for hours! I'd get kicked off air because I got an endless stream of dirty jokes and poetry laced profanities! Give em a break Tom!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2018, 12:49 PM   #27
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer View Post
I think Mike is friggin hilarious! I'd love to party with those guys. Seriously though I don't have horseplayers around me a ton so I like hearing anybody just talkin about the game in any aspect. Conversations like this? I'd have to make shit up too if I was mic'd up for hours! I'd get kicked off air because I got an endless stream of dirty jokes and poetry laced profanities! Give em a break Tom!

Mike Joyce does have a quick and clever wit.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2018, 01:02 PM   #28
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
I've done it as NJ has access. On British races, because of the length of most race (long) and the amount of money in the pool, you can get some money down until 3/4 of the way through the race (obviously your odds get worse and worse as the possible winners become more and more clear). If there's a likely winner heading down the stretch, you can get down a few dollars at 1-100 odds on those horses. You'd better be right more than 99 times out of 100 to make a profit.

On American races, there is very little liquidity before the races start, much less after they're running. They offer in-race wagering on some tracks, not all. I'm sure people have made money on a race now and then by backing longshots where a horse is 4 lengths up but loses the rider or totally stops in the final strides, but if you're just the average guy wagering it's not the easy path to riches, that's for certain.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2018, 04:11 PM   #29
BIG49010

I suggest you watch races the old fashion way, like Keeneland 20 years ago, with the mute button on! I don't know how people can listen to that constant chatter, that is the nice thing about track feeds, but that gets rather expensive.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:47 PM   #30
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpic6 View Post
Kurt Hoover sends it in. He's been caught more than once forgetting to turn his mike off after a bad beat. All the hosts bet, just not EVERY ticket they give out.

RR
Kurt Hoover is a tremendous handicapper and player.

I know he doesnt stack up to the foes around here but yea, he can play the game.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: