Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 07:07 AM   #9916
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
I'm not wrong often, but in your case I was. I hereby apologize to all rocks who have suffered the misfortune to cross paths with you.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:15 AM   #9917
boxcar

Hcap Quote:
Yesterday ended when it "became" today and today will then end and when it "becomes" tomorrow. Eh, bunky, your words are not the reality you think they they represent. You twist reality in any backwards boxcarian way you chose.

So, then, converting your convoluted statement into a smooth flowing stream, you are telling us that the Past (yesterday) becomes the Present (today) and the Present becomes the Future (tomorrow), correct?

So, then my question to you is this: What happens to the time that we are using in the Present as we're living moment by moment? You have all that used time flowing into the Future, but time lived (spent, used) logically flows into the Past to never be used again. If all spent or used time flows into the Future, as you seem to be suggesting, then there is no such thing as the Past, since all used, spent, lived time is flowing into the Future constantly.

Conversely, with my time arrow there is no such absurdity; for the Future contains all new, unused, yet-to-be-lived time.

The Present is where we use, spend or live time moment-by-moment, as it comes to us out of the Future.

The Past is the graveyard of all time , for all spent, used, lived time gets deposited there to never be used again in this physical world.

Therefore, my "time arrow" is eminently logical, for Tomorrow becomes Today by streaming through the Present, moment by moment, on its way to the Past, as Today eventually becomes Yesterday; and the cycle always repeats, just as sunsets follow sunrises.

You see, with the true logical flow of time, there is no "double dipping" into used time, as it is with your convoluted, illogical scheme. We don't get to use time spent Today and then use it again Tomorrow, as would be the case when you have our Todays becoming our Tomorrows.

Moreover, there is an additional, insurmountable problem with your insanity. Since you have all our Todays flowing into our Tomorrows, we should know exactly what the Future holds for all us, since we already lived the Future before it became Tomorrow when it was still Today!. Eventually, our Today is going to become our Tomorrow, is it not? How, then, can we not know what Tomorrow holds in store for each us since we already lived it Yesterday?
Old 02-27-2019, 11:20 AM   #9918
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
So, then my question to you is this: What happens to the time that we are using in the Present as we're living moment by moment? You have all that used time flowing into the Future, but time lived (spent, used) logically flows into the Past to never be used again. If all spent or used time flows into the Future, as you seem to be suggesting, then there is no such thing as the Past, since all used, spent, lived time is flowing into the Future constantly.
Used time bunky? I suppose you cam prove that too?

Most of your posts clearly demonstrate your "frame of reference" as Actor mentioned existing somewhere in delusional La La land..

As I said nothing left to debate. It is time for you to give us a concrete example of
Quote:
Causes in the world of human events or activities do not always precede effects.
Which causes and which events?

Don't think Einstein ever described the La la land frame of reference.
Another bioxcarian first

Frames of Reference. Einstein's special theory of relativity is based on the idea of reference frames. A reference frame is simply "where a person (or other observer) happens to be standing". ... This statement says that since everything is moving, all motion is relative.

Last edited by hcap; 02-27-2019 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:38 PM   #9919
HalvOnHorseracing

I'm just wondering how we deal with the poles, where at certain times of the year the sun doesn't rise and set, while at other times it is 24 hours of night.

From me and Bobby McGee

"But, I'd trade all of my tomorrows, for one single yesterday." I think that line is right up Boxcar's alley.
Old 02-27-2019, 02:03 PM   #9920
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
I'm just wondering how we deal with the poles, where at certain times of the year the sun doesn't rise and set, while at other times it is 24 hours of night.

From me and Bobby McGee

"But, I'd trade all of my tomorrows, for one single yesterday." I think that line is right up Boxcar's alley.
Maybe time stops or is suspended on cloudy days.

But his real problem is cluttering up god's place with all dat "used time"
Old 02-27-2019, 04:20 PM   #9921
hcap

Box, I told you I wouldn't blame you if you chickened out.

So even without you scorering big bucks on your wager, as I said....
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
Scientific American and all the science journals in the world will flock to PA OT.

I can then say I helped revolutionize modern science in favor of your faith-based reality
So which cause(s) do not precede which effect(s)
during which event or series of events?
Old 02-27-2019, 08:23 PM   #9922
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Used time bunky? I suppose you cam prove that too?

Most of your posts clearly demonstrate your "frame of reference" as Actor mentioned existing somewhere in delusional La La land..

As I said nothing left to debate. It is time for you to give us a concrete example of

Which causes and which events?

Don't think Einstein ever described the La la land frame of reference.
Another bioxcarian first

Frames of Reference. Einstein's special theory of relativity is based on the idea of reference frames. A reference frame is simply "where a person (or other observer) happens to be standing". ... This statement says that since everything is moving, all motion is relative.
I'm curious though...what happens when in your time arrow" lame theory, Yesterday becomes Today and Today becomes Tomorrow, and Today in turn became Yesterday, does the time from Yesterday proceed into the Future?
Old 02-27-2019, 08:24 PM   #9923
boxcar

Quote:
Box, I told you I wouldn't blame you if you chickened out.

So even without you scorering big bucks on your wager, as I said....

You're so what a clue, asking all the wrong questions.
Old 02-28-2019, 02:38 AM   #9924
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
This same old,. same old idiotic backwards time theory is done. Unless you........

...Can prove your silly....

Quote:
Causes in the world of human events or activities do not always precede effects.
Well?

If you can't, stick to your literal minded biblical la la land stuff. No reasonable proof is needed.

"Just god tells me so" repeated ad infinitum .

Unfortunately your god has a tougher time with modern science and being rational, even though according to you he created both. Gee, maybe he should recruit a better educated spokesperson to post pseudo-science on horse racing bulletin boards

Last edited by hcap; 02-28-2019 at 02:43 AM.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:20 AM   #9925
hcap

Quote:
No,. it's exactly what is needed to pin you down.

You said.....
Quote:
So according to your statement, sometimes causes DO precede effects.
That is why I am asking you which is which.

Looks like I finally shut you up.

Old 02-28-2019, 11:35 AM   #9926
boxcar

Quote:
No,. it's exactly what is needed to pin you down.

You said.....

So according to your statement, sometimes causes DO precede effects.
That is why I am asking you which is which.

Looks like I finally shut you up.

No, you shut yourself up because you're questions are irrelevant.

Let me help you out, Clueless Wonder, because I feel sorry for you. You are worse than Fumble and Botch put together.

Pay attention. I said that often times effects can precede causes in everyday human activities. Everyone knows this is what I said. Perhaps you'd serve yourself better if you were to ask this kind of question to yourself, as an example: What kind of human activities? All? Some? One kind? What? You have your snout so firmly implanted in the trunk of a tree, all you can think of is "causes and effects", and cannnot see the forest.

Last edited by boxcar; 02-28-2019 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:41 PM   #9927
hcap

Quote:
No, you shut yourself up because you're questions are irrelevant.

Let me help you out, Clueless Wonder, because I feel sorry for you. You are worse than Fumble and Botch put together.

Pay attention. I said that often times effects can precede causes in everyday human activities. Everyone knows this is what I said. Perhaps you'd serve yourself better if you were to ask this kind of question to yourself, as an example: What kind of human activities? All? Some? One kind? What? You have your snout so firmly implanted in the trunk of a tree, all you can think of is "causes and effects", and cannnot see the forest.
I quoted you exactly bunky.
Quote:
You NEVER said OFTEN TIMES. Regardless of either case it's time for you to crap out your bull or get off the pot. You are not paying attention.
I have been asking you exactly what you stated just now I should

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
Well bunkly. There is no general proof you can provide. It all comes down to specific cases which you refuse to tell us.

Answer or get off the pot.

There is nothing more to say other than you have chickened out

Last edited by hcap; 02-28-2019 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-28-2019, 02:03 PM   #9928
boxcar

Quote:
I quoted you exactly bunky.

You NEVER said OFTEN TIMES. Regardless of either case it's time for you to crap out your bull or get off the pot. You are not paying attention.
I have been asking you exactly what you stated just now I should

Well bunkly. There is no general proof you can provide. It all comes down to specific cases which you refuse to tell us.

Answer or get off the pot.

There is nothing more to say other than you have chickened out
Ooh...getting uppity are we? YOU want an answer! How ironic! Well...if you want my ironclad, fool-proof, self-evident answer you're going to have to accept the terms to my wager.

And hurry up about it; I'm eager to show everyone what an empty suit you are.

And whether I say causes don't always precede effects or causes often do not precede effects is saying essentially the same thing. Causes don't always and in fact often do not precede human activities.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:40 PM   #9929
hcap

Quote:
Ooh...getting uppity are we? YOU want an answer! How ironic! Well...if you want my ironclad, fool-proof, self-evident answer you're going to have to accept the terms to my wager.

And hurry up about it; I'm eager to show everyone what an empty suit you are.

And whether I say causes don't always precede effects or causes often do not precede effects is saying essentially the same thing. Causes don't always and in fact often do not precede human activities.
I refuse your idiotic bet. You will have to sit quietly on your totally bogus unsupported scientific claim. Just like all the other moronicc pseudo-scientific BS you spout.

Try publishing it in the apologetic press or web sites. They are much less demanding of truth.

Last edited by hcap; 02-28-2019 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:25 PM   #9930
boxcar

Quote:
I refuse your idiotic bet. You will have to sit quietly on your totally bogus unsupported scientific claim. Just like all the other moronicc pseudo-scientific BS you spout.

Try publishing it in the apologetic press or web sites. They are much less demanding of truth.
And you will wear much egg on your face. If you truly believed my claim was "totally bogus", you would hop on that bet like a fly on elephant poop to prove me wrong. Your actual lack of courage and conviction betray your hollow words.