Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 12-10-2016, 03:24 AM   #1291
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4
Agreed. I asked yesterday for an example of a horse doing herding without contact getting DQ'ed, perhaps I found the jurisdiction which does not allow for this move finally.
Watch the 1st race from Saratoga this past Sept 5th. No change.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2016, 02:56 PM   #1292
SG4

Gulfstream's 1st today, from what camera angle did they determine the winner fouled the runner up? Unless the jock got off that horse & went to the stewards & said oops my bad, I can't see what evidence there was to ever make this call. Bettor beware down there for certain.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2016, 12:41 AM   #1293
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4
Laurel's 7th today, eventual winner bulls his way out with a bump against the eventual runner up, and pushes him a little more during the stretch run too. Runner-up loses by the slightest of noses, thought it was an automatic DQ but they left the winner up. To make it even worse, they show the win photo & I don't see the winners' nose in front. A reverse angle/close up would've been nice on the simulcast, but I didn't see one.

I had no financial interest in this race whatsoever, but definitely won't be counting on anything with these officials going forward.
I just watched this replay as the winner of this race is racing tomorrow at Laurel, man, this sure looked like an automatic DQ , the winner slammed out and pushed the runner up and beat him by the smallest possible margin, and like you say, it looked like the outside horse might have gotten up, awfully bad beat if you needed the runner up here, what appeared on the head on was that the runner up lugged in a bit and at the initial moment of contact, the runner up was coming in slightly at that point, i think you can make a case both were at least a little at fault for the first bump, however, there was a secondary bump by the winner.

No inquiry either, just a jocks objection according to the in house feed that just showed the word 'objection'
Old 12-22-2016, 06:53 PM   #1294
menifee

DQ - Delta Race 1 - December 22nd. Worst DQ i can recall. The stewards there are by far the worst in the industry.
menifee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-22-2016, 08:01 PM   #1295
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by menifee
DQ - Delta Race 1 - December 22nd. Worst DQ i can recall. The stewards there are by far the worst in the industry.
I watched that over and over and over and over and over and over and over from the pan and head on.

I 100% agree.

To me, if a steward is able to make that call, they should be fired immediately and not allowed to work anywhere in the industry, where they can make such a negative impact again.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-22-2016, 08:49 PM   #1296
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Worse than Gulfstream R1 today? There was a lot of tooth gnashing over that one, though not on PA apparently.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-22-2016, 08:59 PM   #1297
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Worse than Gulfstream R1 today? There was a lot of tooth gnashing over that one, though not on PA apparently.

Since you say so.....

[YT="Let's go to the videotape!"]gn7VFeRoi7k[/YT]
Old 12-22-2016, 09:14 PM   #1298
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

That is a TOUGH one to swallow.....to say the least. Really soft.....WOW...
Old 12-22-2016, 10:24 PM   #1299
menifee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Both bad. Delta was worst.
menifee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2016, 03:58 PM   #1300
SG4

Quote:
Both bad. Delta was worst.
That Delta DQ is frighteningly bad. They might as well just draw numbers out of a hat if that's how cavalierly race results will be changed.

I was going to complain about the GP one earlier in the day as well, but I'm getting the feeling GP issues like that one are going to be a broken record. There will come a time shortly when a race at GP of notable importance will have either a DQ on a ticky-tack foul (if the stewards are consistent) or they will let something go that was clearly worse than many DQ's done earlier in the meet, and everyone will have a deserved conniption.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2016, 05:08 PM   #1301
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
That was a bizarre dq.

One of the things about Gulfstream is that dq's at that place never have any relationship with other DQs in other words they don't use precedent, they dq on whims, whatever mindset or whim they have on a particular day is the way they go, they dq according to how the wind is blowing.

Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that if this was a 10 million dollar race there is no dq for the same exact situation.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:03 PM   #1302
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

I have a 95 exa in the 8th at Charlestown and the winner blinks for bothering the 1 at the top of the lane, he certainly cost the 1 a placing and yet, no dq from stewards who are known to make the odd dq on occasion. Meanwhile, over at Gulfstream the other day, a horse bothers another horse very very slightly, if at all, and doesn't cost that horse a board spot and he comes down. It seems like I'm on the wrong end of these all the time, the standard set by the gulf judges the other day in the first race was so extreme that they gave themselves zero wiggle room, anything that's even remotely borderline must now come down, they have put themselves in a rough position here by this standard.

Unless of course they are just taking down horses on whims with no standard, a similar situation could occur in the next racing card and they'll leave it up, is this the judging we want in our great game at a major race track?
Old 12-30-2016, 09:42 PM   #1303
bello
Veteran

Yes I am pissed....$20 P3 with the 5 at Charlestown,,,,7 almost puts him over the fence down the land....NO CHANGE...save with the 4 to add insult to injury
bello is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2016, 09:57 PM   #1304
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by bello
Yes I am pissed....$20 P3 with the 5 at Charlestown,,,,7 almost puts him over the fence down the land....NO CHANGE...save with the 4 to add insult to injury
100% agree Bello. You got screwed.

The 7 proactively came in and took his path. No question. If I were in charge, all stewards would be subject to a fine of the entire pool that didn't get paid (wagers on the 5).

I am not being sarcastic. There is no other way for "this" to stop.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:04 PM   #1305
bello
Veteran

They didnt even put up an inquiry...Jock objected and they looked at it for 2 minutes. 7 was 4 wide entering lane. Had the 5 tried to squeeze throughhe would have gone down. They just appear to want to go home. That was also the stary of the p4 and p3....I was right in the middle of rolling the card.
bello is offline   Reply With Quote Reply