Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:38 PM   #1231
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
I have no idea how the Stewards didn't DQ the first finisher in today's 7th. It's utterly baffling to me.
I'm offering to take the elevator up (right next to the NYRA BETS PLAYERS LOUNGE) and take a walk with you and ask them.

The elevator gang knows us both every well.

What day shall we meet?
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2016, 10:28 PM   #1232
overthehill

delaware 4th. 9/21/16

just venting. yes the DQed horse bumped the runner up , but for one thing i thought the runner up iniitated it by different out several paths into the winner and more importantly the foul did not impact the race. there is no way the runner up was beating the winnner and the runner up stayed second. and i always thought stewards justified not taking horses down for bumping and even impediing with their ability to discern whether or not the final outcome was affected by the alleged trangresssion. I continue to believe that the fair thing is to let results stand for bettng purposes but if they want to alter the outcome for purse distribution and fine the jockeys or suspend them have at it. I have seen at least three instances of winning horses drifting out in the stretch many paths and forcing other horses wide and not one of them was taken down. BTW there was another DQ today at delaware park for bumping in the stretch.
overthehill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2016, 12:22 AM   #1233
Tara73
Veteran

Yes, there was blame on both so how could you expect a change given the history of the NYRA stewards. It was the right decision.
Tara73 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2016, 12:25 AM   #1234
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara73
Yes, there was blame on both so how could you expect a change given the history of the NYRA stewards. It was the right decision.
What is your expert opinion of the July 2nd, 2nd race?

Do you mind rewatching that one and telling me your honest thoughts?
Old 09-23-2016, 02:27 PM   #1235
menifee

Laurel worst DQ in history - Race 3 - September 23

These stewards have to be kidding me. The 1 won by 8 lengths. It did not impact the finish. The problem was created by the 10 that came out, not the 1. How you could dq a horse that won by that many lengths is banana land.

Last edited by menifee; 09-23-2016 at 02:37 PM.
menifee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2016, 06:12 PM   #1236
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by menifee
These stewards have to be kidding me. The 1 won by 8 lengths. It did not impact the finish. The problem was created by the 10 that came out, not the 1. How you could dq a horse that won by that many lengths is banana land.
I agree. It was a foul but the horse was blowing by, by 8 lengths.

No placings really impacted.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:21 AM   #1237
no breathalyzer
Veteran

I bet this horse and i knew he was going to come down.. i didn't even leave the feed on after i took a look at replay.. Sucks horse was the best by a mile .. but you can do that shit. the 6 was finishing up and was compromised a higher placing in the race
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2016, 02:08 PM   #1238
dilanesp

Stewards correctly took down the 6 in the 8th race yesterday (9/23) at Los Al, but there was no stewards inquiry despite the obvious interference in a race won by a nose! The jockey actually had to claim foul! Stewards were sleeping.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2016, 02:49 PM   #1239
menifee

NYRA Stewards - 10/13

In the Belmont Second Race, the 4 horse on the turn takes out two horses, makes physical contact and costs them a placing. No inquiry - result stands.

In the Belmont Fourth Race, the 6 horse drifts out - no contact is made. They throw up the inquiry sign and take the 6 down. Unclear whether the drifting costs the 4 horse a placing.

So physically bumping a horse is fine, but drifting is not allowed. I'm just trying to understand the rules.
menifee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2016, 02:59 PM   #1240
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by menifee
In the Belmont Second Race, the 4 horse on the turn takes out two horses, makes physical contact and costs them a placing. No inquiry - result stands.

In the Belmont Fourth Race, the 6 horse drifts out - no contact is made. They throw up the inquiry sign and take the 6 down. Unclear whether the drifting costs the 4 horse a placing.

So physically bumping a horse is fine, but drifting is not allowed. I'm just trying to understand the rules.
I was on the wrong end of both I needed the 4 to come down in race 2 I was shocked no inquiry. The last 5 times Ortiz herded me, he stayed up, I needed him to be 2nd to hit the tri, on wrong end again in race 4. Ortiz carried a guy 10 lanes wide in the first at spa (think maybe sept 5 but not sure) and he stayed up and that cost me a pretty big pick 5. Lack of consistency is a killer.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2016, 07:53 PM   #1241
Track Phantom

I've seen bad DQ's in my life but the DQ at Santa Anita in the last race (8th) today (10/21/16) is an absolute disgrace. No way in hell should the winner have been disqualified. No way!

There might have even been a bit of tightening caused by the 5 but the video doesn't support it (bad angle). I cannot believe what I just saw.

Unbelievable!
Old 10-21-2016, 07:56 PM   #1242
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Phantom
I've seen bad DQ's in my life but the DQ at Santa Anita in the last race (8th) today (10/21/16) is an absolute disgrace. No way in hell should the winner have been disqualified. No way!

There might have even been a bit of tightening caused by the 5 but the video doesn't support it (bad angle). I cannot believe what I just saw.

Unbelievable!
I don't play Cali but in the couple of times I have, I have seen the DUMBEST DQ'S/NON DQ'S that I have seen in my life.

These stewards don't EVEN KNOW HOW TO SPELL STEWARDS.

How do you take down a horse who (got the perfect trip and was obvious to the world was winning as the race developed) at best impacted a horse who was destined to not hitting the super, no matter what at the 1/4.

They might've been so obsessed with the super high 5 spot BUT you don't punish/alter a top 4 for a horse who maaaaayyyybbbeeee might've been 5th at BEST.

PLUS, there was no clear angle to determine the fault.

WTF do these IDIOTS think happens in a collapse???????????? Horses drift and tire.

If I were in charge, those stewards, would be FIRED Immediately, with no hearing.

Pension taken away too.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:59 PM   #1243
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I don't play Cali but in the couple of times I have, I have seen the DUMBEST DQ'S/NON DQ'S that I have seen in my life.

These stewards don't EVEN KNOW HOW TO SPELL STEWARDS.

How do you take down a horse who (got the perfect trip and was obvious to the world was winning as the race developed) at best impacted a horse who was destined to not hitting the super, no matter what at the 1/4.

They might've been so obsessed with the super high 5 spot BUT you don't punish/alter a top 4 for a horse who maaaaayyyybbbeeee might've been 5th at BEST.

PLUS, there was no clear angle to determine the fault.

WTF do these IDIOTS think happens in a collapse???????????? Horses drift and tire.

If I were in charge, those stewards, would be FIRED Immediately, with no hearing.

Pension taken away too.
and jocks on tiring horses panic, like the guy on the 6 did.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2016, 08:03 PM   #1244
Track Phantom

I know it's easy to throw arrows at the stewards and rip on people in the public eye but, in my opinion, that was corrupt and disgraceful. I have no idea what their agenda is but I do know that the #5 did not deserve to come down.

Like I mentioned, there may have been something that occurred to warrant a DQ but all of the angles were obscured and so conjecture had to be instituted as to whether the 5 caused anyone a "better placing" (the most idiotic statement ever uttered by the way).

MLB, NFL have instant replay and do not overturn a call unless there is indisputable evidence. Apparently no one sent that memo to these ass-clowns that common sense and fairness is to only DQ when it is an absolute certainty.

In full disclosure, I had the p3 for $4 and didn't have the #3 (only had a small win bet as a cover), so I am mad about the outcome. Think about those who had the p4 for $25k and were flat out robbed.

I really don't understand this at all. Why on earth would you DQ a horse when the action is not indisputable? Yet, when there is blatant action and a no-brainer, horses stay up. I honestly think this was corrupt. No other explanation. None!
Old 10-21-2016, 08:29 PM   #1245
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89
and jocks on tiring horses panic, like the guy on the 6 did.
These stewards must be the same STUPID idiots who enter a highway and dart 4 lanes over to the left lane in 2 seconds, meanwhile the 3 lanes that they crossed, had not a car in front of them. All the while, going just at or under the speed limit.

The dumbest of the dumb OR as track phantom said.....DELETED

Last edited by cj; 10-23-2016 at 01:03 PM.