Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:15 AM   #1201
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
We all agree on that its the question of whether it's enough to take the horse down.

Agree here. In the real world, I think it is a DQ. But the NY stewards have set a precedent, kind of like the Bayern rule in California.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2016, 01:20 PM   #1202
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
Or that they can photoshop that quickly.

There is only one shutter exactly on the wire.
I do think they were generous in calling it a dead heat.

Attached Images
File Type: png spinaway.png (232.6 KB, 100 views)

Last edited by cj; 09-04-2016 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 01:48 PM   #1203
burnsy
self medicated

If they took Street Fashion down, I would of quit for the day. WTF kind of objection was that? Johnny V should be fined for that ride and call.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2016, 02:13 PM   #1204
bello
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy
If they took Street Fashion down, I would of quit for the day. WTF kind of objection was that? Johnny V should be fined for that ride and call.
Quit for the day? That would have been the worst dq in history. Stewards aclled the INQ first and JV than claimed foul. At least that was the order they announced it. And then they view what was a non event for 10 minutes.

Losing more and more confidence in these guys in the judges booth at NYRA.
bello is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2016, 02:21 PM   #1205
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by bello
Quit for the day? That would have been the worst dq in history. Stewards aclled the INQ first and JV than claimed foul. At least that was the order they announced it. And then they view what was a non event for 10 minutes.

I can't believe someone of your ilk actually had some confidence in them to begin with (meant as a compliment my twin)
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2016, 02:22 PM   #1206
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I do think they were generous in calling it a dead heat.
I'm telling you. They wanted to avoid the decision, so they just called it a dead heat. (Dead serious)
Old 09-04-2016, 02:54 PM   #1207
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I'm telling you. They wanted to avoid the decision, so they just called it a dead heat. (Dead serious)
I think there is definitely room for improvement in the process after the Del Mar thing and this one. No doubt some liberties can be taken with that line.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:34 PM   #1208
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by bello

thanks I thought it was the other way around but They ended up leaving it up there would've been a travesty
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2016, 12:45 PM   #1209
Dahoss9698
Veteran

They would never DQ Irad in favor of Francisco Arrieta anyway but why was Irad allowed to herd so severely in the 1st?

If Arrieta does not push his mount out as he was being herded he would have run right into the winner who was coming over on him.

I guess I'm trying to understand what Arrieta is supposed to do. Check?
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2016, 12:51 PM   #1210
rsetup
Veteran

At some point, some jock will object to being herded and collide with the herder. Chances are, someone will be severely hurt or killed. This isn't race riding. It's gaining an unfair advantage by playing chicken.

On the flip side, the runner up took out the rest of the field (the two others) out of the gate.

Last edited by rsetup; 09-05-2016 at 12:53 PM.
rsetup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2016, 07:17 PM   #1211
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Not a peep on the horrendous non DQ at Los Al today?
Old 09-09-2016, 07:53 PM   #1212
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
They would never DQ Irad in favor of Francisco Arrieta anyway but why was Irad allowed to herd so severely in the 1st?

If Arrieta does not push his mount out as he was being herded he would have run right into the winner who was coming over on him.

I guess I'm trying to understand what Arrieta is supposed to do. Check?
Solid point. I think it would taken poor Arrieta keeping straight, clipping heels and going down hard. If he made sure the ambulance came to get him, played dead and/or out of it, then maybe he'd have a good shot at being up. Not because it wasn't a foul but because of who he is and who the herder was.

It's a real joke out there.

Plus to boot, Irad was riding a horse that is (right now) incapable of a "rebrake/new energy into the lane, sustaining his speed". He rode a need the leader that was best suited speed popping and holding on late. Rating and trying to outsprint the weak horses behind him was the wrong move IMHO.

However, I called it before the race. He will over rate, be passive and then when he realizes he doesn't have a rebrake, he will herd to death to get this chalk home.

Not patting myself on the back, believe me, more like telling myself: Why do I even bother in these types of races.

Last edited by EMD4ME; 09-09-2016 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:41 PM   #1213
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Not a peep on the horrendous non DQ at Los Al today?

"Stewards Luis Jauregui, Kim Sawyer and Tom Ward ruled in a majority decision that Evolve did drift out, but did not so do enough to keep Dawn of the Empire from a better placing. Evolve finished a half-length in front of Dawn of the Empire in the five-furlong race."

Personally I think the gets up but it would have been close.

Majority decision means one of them thought he should have been DQed. It was a 2-1 vote.

Neither the best nor the worst work I've seen.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2016, 08:46 PM   #1214
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
"Stewards Luis Jauregui, Kim Sawyer and Tom Ward ruled in a majority decision that Evolve did drift out, but did not so do enough to keep Dawn of the Empire from a better placing. Evolve finished a half-length in front of Dawn of the Empire in the five-furlong race."

Personally I think the gets up but it would have been close.

Majority decision means one of them thought he should have been DQed. It was a 2-1 vote.

Neither the best nor the worst work I've seen.
I don't like stewards playing God. It was as clear a foul as you'll ever see and certainly could have cost the 5 a position. Do we really need stewards splitting hairs like this when the foul is obvious?

(I didn't bet the race)
Old 09-10-2016, 02:55 PM   #1215
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I don't like stewards playing God. It was as clear a foul as you'll ever see and certainly could have cost the 5 a position. Do we really need stewards splitting hairs like this when the foul is obvious?

(I didn't bet the race)
Agreed. My only theory is I've always thought stewards are conservative when a horse drifts into another horses path versus THROUGH their path which is the case here.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply