Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-03-2018, 01:12 PM   #16
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
When was the last time our own intelligence community definitively stated that Iran is in full compliance with the deal?

Did they give a "Netanyahu-like Power Point presentation" as well?
The has/had typo from yesterday I posted.

It's kind of a major faux pas.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 05-03-2018 at 01:15 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2018, 01:13 PM   #17
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Iran is "complying" with a deal that should never have been made in the first place because Iran always lied about its nuclear program.

What part of this don't you get?
Wait! you mean to tell me Iran actually had a weapons program prior to the JCPOA?!?!?!?!?

No effing way!

Good thing we created that thing for sh!t's and giggles I guess.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:20 PM   #18
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Wait! you mean to tell me Iran actually had a weapons program prior to the JCPOA?!?!?!?!?

No effing way!

Good thing we created that thing for sh!t's and giggles I guess.
Glad to learn you're another supporter of a lying, terrorist state.

A person is known by his friends.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:27 PM   #19
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Glad to learn you're another supporter of a lying, terrorist state.

A person is known by his friends.
When critical thinking fails...
Old 05-03-2018, 01:31 PM   #20
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
The has/had typo from yesterday I posted.
I'm way behind...

There's your next setup, btw
Old 05-03-2018, 01:48 PM   #21
elysiantraveller

Quote:
I'm way behind...

There's your next setup, btw
The argument Israel and those opposed to the Iran deal are putting forward is that Iran lied about having a weapons program. Back in 2013 and earlier they repeatedly denied it when in fact they did.

The problem is EVERYONE already knew they did. That was the whole reason for the Iran Nuclear Program deal. A deal that while not very good they are complying with. Everyone agrees with that. So much so that when the White House released their talking points on Iran they claimed, "Iran HAS a working nuclear weapons program..."

After the mistake a typo was admitted and amended to; "Iran had a working nuclear weapons program."

Basically they are simply trying to undermine the deal by saying since they lied about not having one when in fact they did. Problem is the deal was made because everyone knew they did.

The only coherent part about the Iran deal that Netanyahu made is in regards to the sunset clauses when the treaty expires. Even then though you can easily work on those without withdrawing from the deal.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:53 PM   #22
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Israel is telling the truth until someone provides iron-clad proof to he contrary.
That is how you stand by your allies.

Iran has zero credibility.
0bama had zero credibility.
Kerry OWES credibility.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:53 PM   #23
biggestal99

Quote:
What's funny is you put more stock in Iran's word than Israel's.
Dont trust either one.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2018, 02:03 PM   #24
boxcar

Quote:
The argument Israel and those opposed to the Iran deal are putting forward is that Iran lied about having a weapons program. Back in 2013 and earlier they repeatedly denied it when in fact they did.

The problem is EVERYONE already knew they did. That was the whole reason for the Iran Nuclear Program deal. A deal that while not very good they are complying with. Everyone agrees with that. So much so that when the White House released their talking points on Iran they claimed, "Iran HAS a working nuclear weapons program..."

After the mistake a typo was admitted and amended to; "Iran had a working nuclear weapons program."

Basically they are simply trying to undermine the deal by saying since they lied about not having one when in fact they did. Problem is the deal was made because everyone knew they did.

The only coherent part about the Iran deal that Netanyahu made is in regards to the sunset clauses when the treaty expires. Even then though you can easily work on those without withdrawing from the deal.
Here's the real problem: Did Obama ever admit publicly that Iran had a nuclear weapons program?

Do your homework on the web, then get back to me.

Also, since you're saying that Iran lied once, what makes you think they're still not lying? Oh...because everything is being super-verified by the IAEC?
Old 05-03-2018, 02:08 PM   #25
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Israel is telling the truth until someone provides iron-clad proof to he contrary.
That is how you stand by your allies.

Iran has zero credibility.
0bama had zero credibility.
Kerry OWES credibility.
I just told you what Israel is saying. Nothing new.

As such... might wanna brush up on the Iraq War and what Israel was saying if you hold them in such high regard.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:16 PM   #26
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Here's the real problem: Did Obama ever admit publicly that Iran had a nuclear weapons program?

Do your homework on the web, then get back to me.

Also, since you're saying that Iran lied once, what makes you think they're still not lying? Oh...because everything is being super-verified by the IAEC?
We're done here if all you have is speculation. I've addressed this with the WH talking points... if you'd like I'd be happy to get some stuff from the Armed Forces and House Intel Committee too...

Meanwhile I will wait on Israel's "proof" Iran is out of compliance.

You obviously had zero point in this thread but to attack Obama... since he is in the title.

Quote:
The agreement now reached between the international community and the Islamic Republic of Iran builds on this tradition of strong, principled diplomacy. After two years of negotiations, we have achieved a detailed arrangement that permanently prohibits Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon. It cuts off all of Iran’s pathways to a bomb. It contains the most comprehensive inspection and verification regime ever negotiated to monitor a nuclear program. As was true in previous treaties, it does not resolve all problems; it certainly doesn’t resolve all our problems with Iran. It does not ensure a warming between our two countries. But it achieves one of our most critical security objectives. As such, it is a very good deal.
^^^

Obama admitting Iran's Nuclear Ambitions.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 05-03-2018 at 02:20 PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:47 PM   #27
boxcar

Quote:
We're done here if all you have is speculation. I've addressed this with the WH talking points... if you'd like I'd be happy to get some stuff from the Armed Forces and House Intel Committee too...

Meanwhile I will wait on Israel's "proof" Iran is out of compliance.

You obviously had zero point in this thread but to attack Obama... since he is in the title.

^^^

Obama admitting Iran's Nuclear Ambitions.
You don't read too swell, do you? Obama did not admit that Iran actually had a program. He simply states that going forward, Iran won't get nukes. Having ambitions is one thing, but what Israeli intelligence discovered is that Iran actually had a "comprehensive program". Obama never admitted this!

So, again...where is there any public admission by Obama or even any State Dept. official that Iran actually had a nuclear program in the works at the time the deal was struck? You have said (essentially) that the entire planet knew Iran lied through its teeth, so Shirley you can dig up some actual official public statements to this effect.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:10 PM   #28
elysiantraveller

Quote:
You don't read too swell, do you? Obama did not admit that Iran actually had a program. He simply states that going forward, Iran won't get nukes. Having ambitions is one thing, but what Israeli intelligence discovered is that Iran actually had a "comprehensive program". Obama never admitted this!

So, again...where is there any public admission by Obama or even any State Dept. official that Iran actually had a nuclear program in the works at the time the deal was struck? You have said (essentially) that the entire planet knew Iran lied through its teeth, so Shirley you can dig up some actual official public statements to this effect.
So this is what you are going to hang your hat on here!!! Hilariously predictable...

"The danger from Iran is grave, it is real, and my goal will be to eliminate this threat.... Finally, let there be no doubt: I will always keep the threat of military action on the table to defend our security and our ally Israel." - Obama 2008

"Iran's development of a nuclear weapon, I believe, is unacceptable. And we have to mount an international effort to prevent that from happening." - Obama 2008

"Now, our opposition to Iran's intolerance and Iran's repressive measures, as well as its illicit nuclear program and its support of terror, is well known." - Obama 2011

"Ultimately, only diplomacy can bring about a durable solution to the challenge posed by Iran's nuclear program. As President and Commander in Chief, I will do what is necessary to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon. However, I have a profound responsibility to try to resolve our differences peacefully, rather than rush towards conflict." - Obama 2013

That was easy... need more?

You done now with this stupidity since this was your last straw to grasp on to?
Old 05-03-2018, 03:38 PM   #29
boxcar

Quote:
So this is what you are going to hang your hat on here!!! Hilariously predictable...

"The danger from Iran is grave, it is real, and my goal will be to eliminate this threat.... Finally, let there be no doubt: I will always keep the threat of military action on the table to defend our security and our ally Israel." - Obama 2008

"Iran's development of a nuclear weapon, I believe, is unacceptable. And we have to mount an international effort to prevent that from happening." - Obama 2008

"Now, our opposition to Iran's intolerance and Iran's repressive measures, as well as its illicit nuclear program and its support of terror, is well known." - Obama 2011

"Ultimately, only diplomacy can bring about a durable solution to the challenge posed by Iran's nuclear program. As President and Commander in Chief, I will do what is necessary to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon. However, I have a profound responsibility to try to resolve our differences peacefully, rather than rush towards conflict." - Obama 2013

That was easy... need more?

You done now with this stupidity since this was your last straw to grasp on to?
Okay...so Obama knew Tehran lied and paid Iran to stay out of the nuke development biz? He paid proven liars!? He paid known supporters of terrorists? He paid them so that Tehran would supposedly accept "limits" to its nuclear program? That money Obama paid them is going to make the head honchos in Iran honest?
Old 05-03-2018, 05:18 PM   #30
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Okay...so Obama knew Tehran lied and paid Iran to stay out of the nuke development biz? He paid proven liars!? He paid known supporters of terrorists? He paid them so that Tehran would supposedly accept "limits" to its nuclear program? That money Obama paid them is going to make the head honchos in Iran honest?
Now we are moving the goalposts again... were already pretty far from where we started with everyone's misunderstanding on what Israel is really saying but whatever...

Iran was owed money. Lots of it. Many of their assets were frozen globally. If someone steals money from you it's only logical you want it back. We can delve into the assets or some of the cash shipments to Iran... I don't care and can discuss either with you... but nobody "paid" Iran.

Finally, if we want to discuss the actual specifics of the Iran Deal we can. I'm on record saying it wasn't great and I wouldn't have done it. At the time I said it was a deal for the sake of a deal not really good or bad. Hindsight being what it is though and Iran complying it appears to be working.