Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-24-2018, 12:09 PM   #391
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Lying about what?

The above article has nothing to do with the Iran Deal.

We're back to making stuff up again.

This has been covered already in this thread.
So, the Iran "Deal" then ignores discoveries like this? No violations here, right?
No nuclear threat here?
Old 05-24-2018, 01:36 PM   #392
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
So, the Iran "Deal" then ignores discoveries like this? No violations here, right?
No nuclear threat here?
Nope.

Hence the whole "Iran is violating the spirit of the agreement" nonsense as justification for leaving it.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2018, 02:17 PM   #393
boxcar

Quote:
Nope.

Hence the whole "Iran is violating the spirit of the agreement" nonsense as justification for leaving it.
Well, then...since the "deal" conveniently ignores finds like these, what good is the deal? It's a deal that wears blinders.

Ahh...wait a minute, I got it: The blind would not mind blinders at all, would they?
Old 05-24-2018, 02:31 PM   #394
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Well, then...since the "deal" conveniently ignores finds like these, what good is the deal? It's a deal that wears blinders.

Ahh...wait a minute, I got it: The blind would not mind blinders at all, would they?
The deal had to do with Nuclear Weapons... that's why its commonly known as the Iran Nuclear Deal.

What blinders?!?! All of you act like these are earth shattering revelations... Obama on the deal with it came out:

Quote:
Now, that doesn’t mean that this deal will resolve all of our differences with Iran. We share the concerns expressed by many of our friends in the Middle East, including Israel and the Gulf States, about Iran’s support for terrorism and its use of proxies to destabilize the region. But that is precisely why we are taking this step -- because an Iran armed with a nuclear weapon would be far more destabilizing and far more dangerous to our friends and to the world.

Meanwhile, we will maintain our own sanctions related to Iran’s support for terrorism, its ballistic missile program, and its human rights violations. We will continue our unprecedented efforts to strengthen Israel’s security -- efforts that go beyond what any American administration has done before. And we will continue the work we began at Camp David to elevate our partnership with the Gulf States to strengthen their capabilities to counter threats from Iran or terrorist groups like ISIL.
I said you guys were moving goal-posts... you are.

This wasn't a violation and it isn't new news... Iran is now free to build ballistic missiles AND spin up weapons grade uranium.

Before they could do only the former.

And... again I'll remind you that the signatories to the Iran Deal were all on-board with addressing these issues with Iran while preserving the original agreement.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 05-24-2018 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:54 PM   #395
boxcar

Quote:
The deal had to do with Nuclear Weapons... that's why its commonly known as the Iran Nuclear Deal.

What blinders?!?! All of you act like these are earth shattering revelations... Obama on the deal with it came out:

I said you guys were moving goal-posts... you are.

This wasn't a violation and it isn't new news... Iran is now free to build ballistic missiles AND spin up weapons grade uranium.

Before they could do only the former.

And... again I'll remind you that the signatories to the Iran Deal were all on-board with addressing these issues with Iran while preserving the original agreement.
Right! So...by The Anointed One's own admission, it was from the git go a half-ass deal, meaning it was full of loopholes. (I mean he didn't state that in these words, but he did admit that the deal was incomplete. I interpret that as meaning...inadequate. (It's no wonder Congress would not sign off on it, which is why The Great One did his own personal thingy with Iran -- probably to pad his legacy.

Also, I would remind you that the international body that does the inspections, its head honcho essentially admitted that the inspections are a joke because Iran plays the shell game well.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:27 PM   #396
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Right! So...by The Anointed One's own admission, it was from the git go a half-ass deal, meaning it was full of loopholes. (I mean he didn't state that in these words, but he did admit that the deal was incomplete. I interpret that as meaning...inadequate. (It's no wonder Congress would not sign off on it, which is why The Great One did his own personal thingy with Iran -- probably to pad his legacy.

Also, I would remind you that the international body that does the inspections, its head honcho essentially admitted that the inspections are a joke because Iran plays the shell game well.
The deal set about to address nuclear weapons. That was it's focus. Prevent nuclear Iran... anything else as grounds for leaving the agreement is moving the goalposts.... pointblankperiod.

Show me the source. The way the deal is written it's very difficult to cheat. Iran has X amount of centrifuged that can enrich Y amounts of uranium. Those are monitored and the countries that supply the centrifuges are party to the agreement. If it wasn't enough in regards to nuclear weapons that would be the main criticism lodged against it by the Trump Administration... but it isn't. This is another grasp for a straw.

Nevermind found the IAEA thing. The report states that Iran is in compliance but complentary access could be better.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 05-24-2018 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:21 PM   #397
boxcar

Quote:
The deal set about to address nuclear weapons. That was it's focus. Prevent nuclear Iran... anything else as grounds for leaving the agreement is moving the goalposts.... pointblankperiod.

Show me the source. The way the deal is written it's very difficult to cheat. Iran has X amount of centrifuged that can enrich Y amounts of uranium. Those are monitored and the countries that supply the centrifuges are party to the agreement. If it wasn't enough in regards to nuclear weapons that would be the main criticism lodged against it by the Trump Administration... but it isn't. This is another grasp for a straw.

Nevermind found the IAEA thing. The report states that Iran is in compliance but complentary access could be better.
I guarantee you that what was ever left UNDONE -- whatever is incomplete works to the advantage of Iran -- not the U.S. -- not the other nations who signed on to the "deal".

There's a reason Obama would never have been able to get Congress to ratify this "deal" into a legal, binding treaty.

I leave trusting known liars to naive folks like you.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:32 PM   #398
elysiantraveller

Quote:
I guarantee you that what was ever left UNDONE -- whatever is incomplete works to the advantage of Iran -- not the U.S. -- not the other nations who signed on to the "deal".

There's a reason Obama would never have been able to get Congress to ratify this "deal" into a legal, binding treaty.

I leave trusting known liars to naive folks like you.
I was already aware of your opinion on Obama and the deal.

That doesn't change the facts on the ground.
Old 05-24-2018, 05:11 PM   #399
boxcar

Quote:
I was already aware of your opinion on Obama and the deal.

That doesn't change the facts on the ground.
The facts on the ground rest on shifting sands.

My daddy always taught me that if something is worth doing, do it right! Obama did not do this right. This is precisely why he did an end-around Congress.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:05 PM   #400
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
this is supposed to surprise someone?
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply