Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-14-2017, 03:29 PM   #91
Ocala Mike

We have yet to hear definitively where Trump comes down on this. I'm predicting that Moore is done as soon as the Donald decrees it. I also think that the damage control wheels are turning at the WH now to come up with a plan that keeps that Senate seat R.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2017, 03:35 PM   #92
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The whole thing is insane.

I don't care about control of the Senate. These accusations are more important than that.

If they are true, this guy needs to be punished, although the statute of limitations will probably keep him out of legal trouble.

If they are false, then they are equally as disturbing...

I don't know how to resolve this issue. I only know that getting to the bottom of it all is more important than which party controls the Senate.

Hell, even with Republican control Trump isn't getting much accomplished, so in the words of Hillary Rodham Clinton, "what difference, at this point, does it make?"
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2017, 03:38 PM   #93
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

From the New York Daily News , of all places...

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/l...icle-1.3632624
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2017, 03:40 PM   #94
jocko699
Resurrectionist

I miss the simpler times of the Billy C's that consisted of stained dresses and Quaaludes.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2017, 04:11 PM   #95
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

I don't care about control of the Senate. These accusations are more important than that.

If they are true, this guy needs to be punished, although the statute of limitations will probably keep him out of legal trouble.

I don't know how to resolve this issue. I only know that getting to the bottom of it all is more important than which party controls the Senate.

Hell, even with Republican control Trump isn't getting much accomplished, so in the words of Hillary Rodham Clinton, "what difference, at this point, does it make?"
Control of the Senate is not as important as destroying RINO's and removing the ability for compromise with commie's who care not about our country and are more interested in implosion from within. The proof of just one accusation being manufactured to destroy someone willing to participate in the process is enough for me to let this guy give Mitch McConnell enough heartburn to resign. Not that anything I say or think will come to pass, or I have an opinion who is lying because I don't.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2017, 04:34 PM   #96
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Control of the Senate is not as important as destroying RINO's and removing the ability for compromise with commie's who care not about our country and are more interested in implosion from within. The proof of just one accusation being manufactured to destroy someone willing to participate in the process is enough for me to let this guy give Mitch McConnell enough heartburn to resign. Not that anything I say or think will come to pass, or I have an opinion who is lying because I don't.
Fascinating way to look at it. I’m w you.....
Old 11-14-2017, 04:38 PM   #97
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
What are you people clinging to? He's toast, and rightfully so..
How about rule of law - innocent until proven guilty.
Oh, that's right, you libs don't bother about laws or anything.
Just believe people who suddenly appear out of nowhere.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:41 PM   #98
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I just read that when he was supposedly "banned from the mall" for chasing skirts, he was the elected district attorney at the time?

I’m skeptical that would stay a secret? Especially in the next election?
Old 11-14-2017, 05:42 PM   #99
_______
Veteran

I am having trouble wrapping me head around the thinking of those who defend to the death demonstrably false memes about Obama’s birth certificate and a child abuse ring involving top Democrats at a pizza parlor who simultaneously can’t see the writing on the wall when Roy Moore’s own defense to Hannity was that he only dated underage girls with their mother’s permission.

He said that and you still don’t believe the accusers.

I think there is a line where your partisanship shouldn’t blind you to facts and leave you defending the indefensible. A lot of you are trying to erase that line but you really can’t.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2017, 06:21 PM   #100
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
Roy Moore’s own defense to Hannity was that he only dated underage girls with their mother’s permission.
He also didn't say how old he was. If he were in his late teens, it wouldn't be the worst crime in the world. Hard to picture a middle aged man going to a girl's mother asking permission for anything.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2017, 07:10 PM   #101
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
He also didn't say how old he was. If he were in his late teens, it wouldn't be the worst crime in the world. Hard to picture a middle aged man going to a girl's mother asking permission for anything.
Hannity: At that time in your life...Let me ask you this. You do remember these girls would it be unusual for you as a 32 year old guy to have dated a woman as young as 17? That would be a 15 year difference or a girl 18. Do you remember dating girls that young at that time?

Moore: Not generally, no. If I did, you know, I’m not going to dispute anything but I don’t remember anything like that.

Hannity: But you don’t specifically remember having a girlfriend that was in her late teens even at that time?

Moore: I don’t remember that and I don’t remember dating any girl without the permission of her mother and I think in her statement she said that her mother actually encouraged her to go out with me.
——

Let me tell you how I would answer a series of questions like that:

I’d say that I was absolutely positive that I NEVER EVER dated a teenager when I was in my 30’s. I am not the least bit equivocal about it. It didn’t happen and anyone that says otherwise is a liar.

I wouldn’t not really recall, but think the answer is probably no but if It did happen it was because her momma told me it was okay.

But that’s because I didn’t actually date teenagers when I was in my 30’s and I’m not afraid of my reputation in that regard and what might come out in the future that I need to equivocate the way Roy Moore is when asked some fairly direct questions.

Not that I expect this will stop you from questioning the validity of the stories being heard from multiple sources. Because you are way too busy trying to erase that clear bright line that shouldn’t be crossed in the name of partisanship.

Last edited by _______; 11-14-2017 at 07:12 PM.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2017, 08:41 PM   #102
JustRalph
Just another Facist

http://wkrg.com/2017/11/14/curious-r...tion-on-moore/

Brilliant!
Old 11-14-2017, 10:08 PM   #103
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
How about rule of law - innocent until proven guilty.
Oh, that's right, you libs don't bother about laws or anything.
Just believe people who suddenly appear out of nowhere.
I understand where you are coming from on the rule of law, but I don't think it is relevant here. This situation is not likely to ever make it to a courtroom, the only place where the rule of law lives. This one, for better or worse, will be played out in the court of public opinion.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:12 PM   #104
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

I appreciate you writing this. In the end, I think that the voters of Alabama will decide who they believe is telling the truth. I believe that they will side with Moore.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:44 PM   #105
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Hmmmm.......