Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-19-2023, 12:47 PM   #16
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Fox laid down as payment to Dems
Old 04-19-2023, 02:29 PM   #17
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
OK

Taking your link:

1) Powell doesn't work for Fox news.

2) Giuliani doesn't work for Fox news.

3) Powell doesn't work for Fox news.

4) Dobbs tweeting on his personal account. No specific allegation against Dominion either I might add...worded in a way that any competent lawyer could defend easily in a court of law. But the main point is...he wrote this on twitter on his personal account. And he was FIRED, by the way.

5) See #1

6) See #1

7) See #1

8) See #1

9) See #2

10) See #1

11) Pirro talking about what TRUMP'S LAWYERS are alleging (and she used the actual word ALLEGING)...why is this even included in the list?

12) See #1 and Dobbs never states something as FACT...plus he was fired

13) See #1

14) See #1

15) Dobbs never alleges anything himself and is talking with a guest who is making allegations...a guest who isn't an employee of Fox News.

16) See #4. And Dobbs was fired

17) Dobbs never mentions a specific allegation or Dominion at all. Plus he was fired. Just a general vague quote about "evidence" from Powell.

18) See #4...plus saying there is evidence is not the same as saying something is fact

19) See #2

20) Mike Lindell doesn't work for Fox News. Claims he has evidence. Dares Dominion to sue him on air. Why is this even included? Mike Lindell is certainly a public figure. Tucker Carlson isn't allowed to interview him?

So there you have it...how this case ever got as far as it did is insane. It should have been thrown out on day 1 based on the above.

Sue the various individuals who weren't FOX NEWS employees? Yes, definitely...definitely a valid defamation lawsuit there.

Sue FOX NEWS for allowing all of these VERY PUBLIC individuals and/or President of the UNITED FUCKING STATES lawyers to come on their airwaves?

How insane is that? Imagine freedom of the press and freedom of speech PREVENTING a news company from allowing lawyers working for the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED FUCKING STATES to appear on their airwaves?

Imagine.
If you are a business such as Fox you are liable for promoting what guests to your show are promoting when you repeatedly provide a platform for them. If you have a Nazi loving guy on once, you're not going to get sued. But if it becomes a regular theme on your network, you bet you are.

In his deposition, Murdoch conceded that Sean Hannity, Jeanine Pirro, Maria Bartiromo, and former host Lou Dobbs promoted the falsehood about the presidential contest being stolen. “Some of our commentators were endorsing it".

Murdoch testified it was “wrong for Tucker to host Mike Lindell to repeat those allegations against Dominion.

The deposition by Murdoch about a month ago was the "kiss of death" for Fox having any chance against this lawsuit. It wasn't all the right wing excuses that you and others have given for Fox paying out. Murdoch basically conceded in a sworn deposition which is why Fox conceded.

Fox's lawyers knew they had zero chance of winning and it was to Fox's benefit to NOT put the Fox gang on the stand that could potentially hurt the company more. It was actually the wiser alternative for Fox to pay.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2023, 02:29 PM   #18
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

here's the best part of all

Every one of those items that azeri's linked article points to as evidence of Fox News liability? Every single one...could have been posted on this board by those very same people...and the Congressional Communications Decency Act of 1996 would protect ME from being sued by Dominion.

Yet FOX NEWS gets boned up the ass (why they settled, I still can't figure out) by the very same actions that I would have been protected against...

Amazing.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:48 PM   #19
davew

I suspect a demon wit jury could award TRILLIONS in compensatory damages.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2023, 02:57 PM   #20
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
In his deposition, Murdoch conceded that Sean Hannity, Jeanine Pirro, Maria Bartiromo, and former host Lou Dobbs promoted the falsehood about the presidential contest being stolen. “Some of our commentators were endorsing it".
The comments about the election being stolen aren't what the lawsuit was about.

The lawsuit was about FOX NEWS somehow being liable for reporting what members of the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED FUCKING STATES' legal team were CLAIMING regarding Dominion.

That is absolutely 100% newsworthy, whether you like it or not.

That is PROTECTED under the Constitution of the United States of America.

That is PROTECTED by prior case law, whether you like it or not.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:58 PM   #21
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
And CNN never lied? NOBODY IS STUPID ENOUGH TO BELIEVE THAT, other than mostpost.
I never watch FoxNews and rarely watch CNN. MSNBC is my news source. While they occasionally get things wrong, they don’t lie. If they get something wrong they issue a correction as quickly as they discover their mistake.

Fox lies constantly about everything. And they don’t care who knows it l
Old 04-19-2023, 03:30 PM   #22
Light
Veteran

Quote:
The comments about the election being stolen aren't what the lawsuit was about.
The right alleged that the election was stolen due to Dominion switching votes from Trump to Biden.

Quote:
The lawsuit was about FOX NEWS somehow being liable for reporting what members of the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED FUCKING STATES' legal team were CLAIMING regarding Dominion.

That is absolutely 100% newsworthy, whether you like it or not.

That is PROTECTED under the Constitution of the United States of America.

That is PROTECTED by prior case law, whether you like it or not.
Either you or Fox's lawyers knows shit. My $2 is on you.
Old 04-19-2023, 03:32 PM   #23
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
I suspect a demon wit jury could award TRILLIONS in compensatory damages.
I suspect you are the dimwit. It never went to a jury.
Old 04-19-2023, 03:44 PM   #24
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I never watch FoxNews and rarely watch CNN. MSNBC is my news source. While they occasionally get things wrong, they don’t lie. If they get something wrong they issue a correction as quickly as they discover their mistake.

Fox lies constantly about everything. And they don’t care who knows it l

I almost spit my ice tea all over the place when I read that. Almost as funny as using MSNBC and "news" in the same sentence. The East Palestine train wreck occurred on February 3rd, 2023. I just watched Joy Reid mock Trump's
visit there with various footage and then interview Mayor Pete. While mocking Trump's visit she was blaming regulation roll backs under Trump for the crash

and put up a list. Then of course as he is interviewed Pete backed up everything Joy Reid said. Then Pete went on saying how much the current administration is helping the residents recover from the disaster.

That video just gave a date of a month ago. On February 23, NPR reported the NTSB blamed the crash on a wheel bearing failure. Of course the NTSB should have said axle bearing.

So MSNBC was still spreading a lie about the cause of the crash after the cause was found, in the previous month. Is there a retraction somewhere that I missed?
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2023, 03:48 PM   #25
classhandicapper

Quote:
I never watch FoxNews and rarely watch CNN. MSNBC is my news source. While they occasionally get things wrong, they don’t lie.
Old 04-19-2023, 04:05 PM   #26
Inner Dirt

MSNBC and other left leaning media are going to lie by design more than right leaning outlets, due to the sides the left is on.

Two subjects where I would consider myself educated far beyond most people, most of it self taught. Firearms, and electricity. Firearms is a little of everything, I have shot all kinds of inanimate objects, and have been involved in the manufacture of gun parts. With electricity, I pretty much know most anything or the ability to understand it, except circuit board logic. I tried studying that, but it just doesn't take. I can tell if something has a failed board, but that is it.

The hoards of lies the left tell about firearms and ballistics are too many to count. Then there are all the lies the left tells while pimping green energy and products that will get us away from fossil fuels, that run on electricity.

I think with those two subjects, no chance the right can match the left in lying as those are big issues these days.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2023, 04:11 PM   #27
classhandicapper

I didn't follow the Dominion story.

I thought the "fixed election" story was mostly related to mail in and absentee ballots.

There had to be massively more mail in ballots than usual in that election because of the pandemic. There were almost no controls on who was filling them out and how they were being collected.

The idea was that ballots were potentially mailed out to people that recently moved out of state, that died recently, that rarely vote etc... and then some of those ballots were filled out and signed by other members of the household.

Other examples might be political operatives going to assisted living places, nursing homes, homeless shelters, door to door, or even to the homeless and illegal aliens, registering them, prompting them to fill out ballots a certain way, and then submitting them. A lot of that is illegal ballot harvesting.

That's why even though there was a pandemic and a lot of people were afraid to go to the polls, both Biden and Trump broke Obama's record for most votes ever. The number of votes in total was massive and the controls were practically non existent.
Old 04-19-2023, 04:17 PM   #28
Stevecsd2

Quote:
CNN:
1. Russia Collusion
2. Hunter Biden laptop
3. Nick Sandmann (for which they paid him a huge sum)
4. Jussie Smollett
I don't think they have done a correction for any of these.

MSNBC

1. The government is NOT planning to take away your gas stoves. Yes, there is a plan by the Biden administration to do this.
2. Anchorwoman Andrea Mitchell was caught showing a doctored video clip of GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney at a rally in Pennsylvania.

I'll find some more when I have time.
Stevecsd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2023, 04:20 PM   #29
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
The number of votes in total was massive and the controls were practically non existent.
Of course the controls are practically non existent.

And the thing is, THEY ALWAYS HAVE BEEN.

It's AMAZING the amount of FAITH we as a people put into the election process here in the USA.

Think about it.

Can you name the security protocols in place for elections during the last 10-20 years?

Nobody really knows. It's not spelled out anywhere.

We just BELIEVE all of it, or most of it, is on the up and up...

Which is kind of insane when you think about it.

One of the most important functions in our democracy is left up to nothing much but faith.

Can you IMAGINE what kind of fraud can happen when something is guarded by not much else but faith?

People really need to wake up.
Old 04-19-2023, 05:34 PM   #30
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
I suspect you are the dimwit. It never went to a jury.
You really don’t know how to read? He was obviously suggesting that a jury verdict could have been worse,