Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #16
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookies
Ex-con, Con Conrad Black has a couple of great comments about Mittens, in one of his normal jeremiads, today:

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/...ican-disaster/
What you didn't mention in the Conrad Black article were his comments about Obama and his regime that are highlighted below:

"Either Romney lucks through and numerate sanity starts to return to American public life, or the most self-destructively incompetent regime since James Buchanan brought on the Civil War, will come back and stoke up a truly spectacular inferno that will purify America in a mighty economic Jonestown. "
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #17
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
What you didn't mention in the Conrad Black article were his comments about Obama and his regime that are highlighted below:

"Either Romney lucks through and numerate sanity starts to return to American public life, or the most self-destructively incompetent regime since James Buchanan brought on the Civil War, will come back and stoke up a truly spectacular inferno that will purify America in a mighty economic Jonestown. "
Hell, he's Canada's SuperSized Con.

Ya didn't think he was going to write an entire paeon to Das Kapital, didja?
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #18
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage

See, that's the crux of this entire silly debate. There are actually people (like you, apparently) who believe that Romney sees that entire 47% as lacking personal responsibility and therefore they look to the gov't to help them at every turn. I refuse to believe Romney truly believes such nonsense. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Fair enough...you are obviously a person who is not satisfied in accepting the literal interpretation of someone's words...choosing instead to read between the lines, for what he probably MEANT to say. And you might have a point; we often fail to phrase our words exactly like we have them in our mind.

But would you use these advanced interpretive skills of yours when it comes to analyzing something like Obama's "if you own a business...you didn't build that" comment?

Is that what you think Obama really meant to say, judging by the content of the rest of his speech?

Isn't Obama also an "intelligent, highly educated individual"?

Or does one have to be rich in order to deserve the "benefit of the doubt"?

Last edited by thaskalos; 09-22-2012 at 09:20 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #19
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Fair enough...you are obviously a person who is not satisfied in accepting the literal interpretation of someone's words...choosing instead to read between the lines, for what he probably MEANT to say. And you might have a point; we often fail to phrase our words exactly like we have them in our mind.

But would you use these advanced interpretive skills of yours when it comes to analyzing something like Obama's "if you own a business...you didn't build that" comment?

Is that what you think Obama really meant to say, judging by the content of the rest of his speech?

Isn't Obama also an "intelligent, highly educated individual"?

Or does one have to be rich in order to deserve the benefit of the doubt?
I'm fairly certain I haven't criticized Obama for his "You didn't build that" comment.

I could be wrong, as my mind is often a blur these days, but I know it's something I didn't harp on, and I'm pretty sure never wrote about at all...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #20
Greyfox

Quote:
Hell, he's Canada's SuperSized Con.

Ya didn't think he was going to write an entire paeon to Das Kapital, didja?
You obviously haven't read his book "A Matter of Principle."

Black is a very learned man with respect to history and has written splendid biographies on FDR and Nixon.

He was wrongly convicted of fraud by a Chicago court who knew little or nothing about the financial goings on of Hollinger Inc.
While Black was in prison, the court appointed guardians of the company took Hollinger into bankruptcy.
Shares which were over $21 when Black was in charge, became worthless under their stewardship (the overseers made pisspots full of money) , even as wall paper.
You know not where of you speak.

Last edited by Greyfox; 09-22-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #21
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
You obviously haven't read his book "A Matter of Principle."

Black is a very learned man with respect to history and has written splendid biographies on FDR and Nixon.

He was wrongly convicted of fraud by a Chicago court who knew little or nothing about the financial goings on of Hollinger Inc.
While Black was in prison, the court appointed guardians of the company took Hollinger into bankruptcy.
Shares which were over $21 when Black was in charge, became worthless under their stewardship (the overseers made pisspots full of money) , even as wall paper.
You know not where of you speak.
Oh, I know a hell of a lot about Lord Con Cross Dresser. His life mirrors Gordon Gecko and in classic Con fashion, he tried to pillage 2 Union Pension Funds for himself. Fortunately, he was nailed by the Ontario Supreme Court (http://www.adjustment.ca/example.shtml?x=96), when trying to effectively bankrupt employees who had worked for his company for decades.

He is a self satisfied, sanctimonious, monumental prick and I was delighted that he was tried, convicted and served time in the U.S. for his shenanigans with Hollinger.

And his greatest claim to infamy was, in a fit of pique and holier than thou, decided to diss his Canadian citizenship so he could be plumped up by the House of Lords.

So now, post conviction, he can't reacquire Canadian Citizenship and only is allowed to stay in Canada on Visitor's Passes ( aka Green Cards) due to that Con P.M. Harper kissing his ample arse.

Most Canadians, in the court of public opinion, have stated their opinion:

BEGONE!
Old 09-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #22
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Send him here.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:49 PM   #23
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Fair enough...you are obviously a person who is not satisfied in accepting the literal interpretation of someone's words...which is exactly what you do for Obama but not Romney. Admit your bias. It's ok to be biased. 47% of the population is!

Is that what you think Obama really meant to say, judging by the content of the rest of his speech? Speech? It is the ESSENCE of all that he is, says, and does.

Isn't Obama also an "intelligent, highly educated individual"? Smatest guy in all 57 states. OR 58...whatever!

Or does one have to be rich in order to deserve the "benefit of the doubt"?
Aren't you above Class Warfare? With all the money Obama has raised from the richest people in the country, don't you know how pathetic that comment is? It signals your are on empty.
View from the peanut gallery
Old 09-22-2012, 10:52 PM   #24
Greyfox

Quote:
Most Canadians, in the court of public opinion, have stated their opinion:

BEGONE!
A true believer of the Toronto Star has spoken, for what it's worth.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:30 PM   #25
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
A true believer of the Toronto Star has spoken, for what it's worth.
Au contraire. Black has made MANY enemies. There's not one public opinion poll, left or right leaning in origin, that supports giving this ass back his Citizenship. Let him die in Britain.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:14 AM   #26
Greyfox

Black is a pompous prick, an uppety muck-muck, and has blind spots about himself for sure.
But when it comes to recognizing leadership and potential he is a very bright observer.
He has labelled the last 4 years as "a failed Presidency."
His comments re: Obama and the future -
the most self-destructively incompetent regime since James Buchanan brought on the Civil War, will come back and stoke up a truly spectacular inferno that will purify America in a mighty economic Jonestown. "

are spot on accurate! Unfortunately, his opinion may not carry much weight with Americans. It should.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:24 AM   #27
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
So what, you don't like tuna fish?
I love tuna.

http://www.amazon.com/Tuna-Lovers-Co...=cookbook+tuna
Old 09-23-2012, 03:53 AM   #28
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
You are why we have the second amendment.
You are ready to kill for food, but not give up your cable TV or your internet, or go out and get a job that might require work or be beneath you.

One you give all the luxuries and have cleaned toilets, if you are still hungry, I'll give you a sandwich.
Let's try an experiment. First we catch a Democrat from the wilds of Arkansas. Then we put you and the Democrat in a cage. We give the Democrat a can of tuna and a can opener. We give you a gun and ammunition. Then we see what happens.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #29
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

They ban you from Canada for your opinions?
Old 09-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #30
badcompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve R

But you do know, don't you, that the responses to the unquoted comment were intended only to represent the demographic range of the people under his umbrella of self-proclaimed "victims" and government leeches? But to me the clincher of his idiocy is the denial that people are entitled to things like health care, food or housing. That's objectivist crap to the max. I'll go one step further. Angry mobs rising up and killing those who would deny them health care, food or housing they are justified because the instinct for survival preempts the infantile and biologically insane faux philosophy of objectivism. Don't get me wrong. I'm not advocating mass violence, but if someone threatens my and my family's very survival by denying me food because I can't pay, I will take theirs by any means possible - and so would you. Biology is one hell of a behavioral driver.
Earth to Leftist. When was the last time you were actually in a poor neighborhood in the United States?

If you had any recent first hand experience in this area, you'd know that lack of food is the least of their problems. I was just in a poor neighborhood in the Bronx. I've never seen so many morbidly obese people in my life.

Revolution? Maybe if you expand the definition to include waddling to the fridge for yet another helping of ice cream.

― Thomas Sowell
badcompany is offline   Reply With Quote Reply