Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-07-2006, 09:42 PM   #106
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
The operative word here being most.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2006, 04:53 AM   #107
hcap

The operative word here being idiot, murderer, simpleton.

No smiley face.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2006, 07:56 AM   #108
lsbets

Back to a serious note - this should be an eye opener for everyone and should make everyone think. Remember how often Bush was mocked about saying they hate us for our freedoms? Well, apparantly they are willing to burn and murder over the excercise of free speech. So maybe there is some truth to Muslims hating freedom. On the other hand, while the quick reaction is to say "Maybe I was wrong and these folks are incapable of handling democracy and just aren't worth it" it is notable that the most prominant Islamic leader to come out and say cut it out, don't riot, all you're doing is hurting us (Muslims) is Sistani in Iraq. The same guy that the fear mongerers say is going to create a "theocracy" is the only prominant Muslim leader who has taken the right stand on this.

The Palestinians? Different story. Maybe the election of Hamas wasn't about the corruption of Fatah. Maybe it was about what everyone feared it was about but didn't want to admit - hate, violence, and terror. Look at their reaction to this. Look at the recent election. They celebrate a mother who has had several children of hers as suicide bombers! Their society celebrates death, in a way most of us can't understand. So, to me at least this has been an eye opener. Israel - hate to tell you guys, there is no chance for peace with the Palestinians, not as long as their culture is closer to a death cult than anything else.

And of course the Saudis played a big role in publicizing this in the Muslim world. We have got to figure out what to do about those guys, the problem is we need their oil. So Hcap, you're right, the H-bomb isn't the answer - we can't afford to have the land unusable for 1,000 years. We just need to find a weapon that will get rid of the people and leave us the oil fields. Any ideas?
lsbets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2006, 08:53 AM   #109
lsbets

Also, a little context to the big picture in which this is happeninig. Syria and Iran have both played prominant roles in encouraging the "protests". I would think that is partly to scare Europe into not backing a tough US stance against Iran's nuke program. Europe has already shown they can be scared out of, well, out of just about anything, and their fears of violence from their internal radical Muslim populations are justified (since they don't do anything to control those populations - look at France a few months ago).
lsbets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2006, 09:05 AM   #110
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

lsbets,

Good post, and also, there goes the lib's theory the we are creating terroists.
They want us to understand islam and everything will be OK. Duh. Guess this one doesn't fit the model. Appeasement did not work on Hitler and it will work now. This reaction should be a wake up call.

A scary thought - how close is Europe to falling now? They are beign colonized and occupied just like they were in WWII, but this time, the enemy is there without using an army. But, as France illustrated recently, they can be close to anarchy at the drop of a hat ( or the the printing of a cartoon).

Last edited by Tom; 02-08-2006 at 09:08 AM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2006, 09:36 AM   #111
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

As far as the cartoons go, if they offend Muslims, who cares?

I know that maybe all Muslims don't hate us, but the ones that allegedly don't sure don't do much to deter the ones that do. Until they do something, I don't really give a shit what offends them. You know what offends me? When they blow up our stuff and kill innocent people. So compared to that, you'll have to excuse me if I'm not riddled with remorse about a few cartoons.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2006, 09:37 AM   #112
Bobby

Is it the prophecy of Revelation, of Armageddon?
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2006, 09:45 AM   #113
twindouble

Isbets;

The Saudis

Let's face it, those in power have nothing to offer their people because they hoard the wealth of the country. The religious fanatics can only offer hate and death like you say. They use the west as their tool to maintain control. To throw a blanket over the masses would be unfair, because they live under supression and fear. The sickest part of it all is, the royal families feed the very people that will someday be their undoing. They only survive because of their wealth and will pander to anyone, including us to stay afloat. Our support for skum like that over the years and our lack of action to solve the oil problem put us were we are at today. I think that's obvious to everyone in this country.

The above is indemic in Iran as well, with one exception we have the Bomb as our excuse like I said, to take them out plus we don't depend on them for oil to speak of.

We all know what the problem is when it comes to the Palestinians, what we fail to realize is they get support from the Arab world as a whole, from every conceivable faction that exists, including aid from us and of all people the Jews of Israel. With Hamas in power now, our aid and Israel's will end and the negitive result will be the radicals through out the world and middle east will step in, become more organized in their terror in hopes to see Osama's dream come true. As I see it, the fuse is lit, war is and has been the only solution. I'm sorry to say but this government has known that from the beginning.

Just one other note, Colin Powell told Bush " if you break it you own it" meaning he didn't have the balls or the foresight to confront the realities that existed in my opinion.

T.D.
twindouble is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2006, 10:17 AM   #114
Bobby

So like where are the cartoons? I've yet to see one. someone said wikipeida but I didn't see any.

These people are just crazy. Who wears their religion on their sleeves like they do? Blow your self up for ALLAH? Just nuts.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:25 AM   #115
GaryG
Unreconstructed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby
So like where are the cartoons? I've yet to see one. someone said wikipeida but I didn't see any.

These people are just crazy. Who wears their religion on their sleeves like they do? Blow your self up for ALLAH? Just nuts.
Don't forget the 72 virgins...hmmmm!
Old 02-08-2006, 10:36 AM   #116
Bobby

"But to many fundamentalist and evangelical Christians, the battle of Armageddon is not the end but the beginning. In their reading of Revelation, the world will meet a warring Christ, but then will most assuredly go on, reigned over by a victorious Christ for 1,000 years.

After that, it gets even better: a new heaven and a new earth.

The site of this battle is the Plain of Megiddo in Israel, within easy striking distance of Iraq, where an American war appears increasingly likely. And so it isn't surprising to see biblical prophecy conferences popping up or to hear a caller ask a local Christian radio host, "Could this war in Iraq signal the beginning of Armageddon?"

http://greenvilleonline.com/news/200...0303082564.htm

Old 02-08-2006, 10:40 AM   #117
twindouble

Quote:
"But to many fundamentalist and evangelical Christians, the battle of Armageddon is not the end but the beginning. In their reading of Revelation, the world will meet a warring Christ, but then will most assuredly go on, reigned over by a victorious Christ for 1,000 years.

After that, it gets even better: a new heaven and a new earth.

The site of this battle is the Plain of Megiddo in Israel, within easy striking distance of Iraq, where an American war appears increasingly likely. And so it isn't surprising to see biblical prophecy conferences popping up or to hear a caller ask a local Christian radio host, "Could this war in Iraq signal the beginning of Armageddon?"

http://greenvilleonline.com/news/200...0303082564.htm

Of course it means armageddon, just line up and give all your worldly possessions to me. Suckers.
twindouble is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2006, 11:58 AM   #118
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

I posted a link the other day of jihadwatch - they are in there.
BTW, the editor of the Danish paper that originally printed these last year - to no problems - was on CNN this morning. He brough two other cartoons by the same artist to illustrate his point. One showed a Star of David on a bomb. CNN showed this one. The other, they did not - they took him off camera when he held it up. Hmmmm..must be offending JEWS is ok at Cnn. Of all the questionalbe cartoons out there, good ole CNN has only showed one trashing a US soldier and Jews. I guess thier true colors are showing.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:12 PM   #119
GaryG
Unreconstructed

I am starting to get the feeling that Hanoi Jane is running CNN. Maybe that was part of the divorce settlement.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:47 PM   #120
tahoesid

I have little regard for those that will protest things like cartoons and phony reports about Qurans being brutalized, but do little or nothing about killing innocent women and kids. Not much protest for beheading people where they come from.

Most of these protests are staged events to put fear into the none Muslim world and have little to do with the underlying issues. I would bet all the money in my pocket...(2 bucks) that 99.99% of those protesting never saw the cartoons, never cared about the cartoons and don't give a rats ass about the cartoons. They are egged on by their clerics as a show of force to the rest of the world.

All these Muslim countries try to focus their peoples minds on events far away from home , because it makes them easier to control when they aren't focused on their own problems. They blame the West/Israel/whoever for all their problems while their leaders live in luxury and drive around in Mercedes/Rolls etc. What better way to stay in power than to blame some other country for their sad lives.

Very few of the Muslim countries actually offer to help the Palestinians except with arms and rhetoric, but it makes a great focal point for the radicals in their country.
tahoesid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply