Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-31-2015, 04:42 PM   #61
cloud9

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek
I need to update the stats I will after this weekend of racing and report back The winner is in the top4 nearly 80% of the time I also keep track of top pick, exacta's tri's and supers I still havent figured out a profitable wagering strategy.
Do you score each catacgory in Handifast with your own numbers or do you use the programs default scoring ?
cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2016, 10:29 AM   #62
Partsnut
BetMix User

AQU010116 R2 Using Thee Top Three And PaceAppraiser

I have it narrowed down to 3 contenders.
The 6 & 2 are coming down in company.
However, the 6 looks like the fastest horse.

Contenders = 6, 2, 9
The 6 would be my choice but offers little value.

Please see TTT summary file for Race 2 at the link below
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz7...ew?usp=sharing

Partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2016, 10:51 AM   #63
upthecreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partsnut

I have it narrowed down to 3 contenders.
The 6 & 2 are coming down in company.
However, the 6 looks like the fastest horse.

Contenders = 6, 2, 9
The 6 would be my choice but offers little value.

Please see TTT summary file for Race 2 at the link below
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz7...ew?usp=sharing

SCRATCHES
Race Program # Horse Reason Notes
2 2 She's All Even Early--Veterinarian
6 My Super Nova Early--Veterinarian

Last edited by upthecreek; 01-01-2016 at 10:55 AM.
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2016, 12:05 PM   #64
Partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek
SCRATCHES
Race Program # Horse Reason Notes
2 2 She's All Even Early--Veterinarian
6 My Super Nova Early--Veterinarian
----------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the update:
I guess it's a no brainer (#9)

Happy New Year to all.
Partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2016, 07:09 AM   #65
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

One final word about THEE TOP THREE--then I'm done with it.

I use these programs to save time--I can't possibly go side to side, up and down, through PP's all night long....for more than one track. Being an angle player...I need help finding these angles and plays, plus I get enjoyment out of testing methods.
TTT has a lot of info packed into it. I was asked if it was good for contender selecting. And people that really hadn't used the program, told me it was great for contender selection. Well....Prime Power, Profit Line, or just the Last Top 3 BeyerBris/Eq/TF Speed Ratings will get you at least as good contenders.
Okay--it's a good little program, we all know that.
I have been using the prog in the RDSS Pick-4 contest here on site---doing okay and having fun with it. Spending maybe 30-45 minutes with the ABC method, THEN deciding early or late.

Okay I know this is dragging on...I went with the late 4 yesterday...didn't win, looked over what won--compared them with mine--and was startled to find the winner of the 6th wasn't even shown on TTT. It was a MD CL--the horse had never run a Route--so wasn't listed. This horse HAD class ratings, SPEED ratings, A MAJOR angle....the author of this software chose to simply ignore.

For some unknown reason--I assumed if a horse wasn't rated and had no info--it wasn't a contender at all--and could be dismissed. Hell Bris Summary doesn't give a horse an AVG RATING DIST/SURF--because it can't--but it shows what info it can. I doesn't just delete the horse.

I invited the author to log in here and answer any questions--guess he was busy. I saw EMD and others had the winner of that race on their tickets---several times over--it was no lucky pick. There were serious angles...main one being Maiden 3rd LT race, switch to $ rider, SPRINT-SPRINT-ROUTE TODAY. TTT users didn't have a chance to know any of this info.

If you're thinking I was just too lazy to do the real work it took to find that winner---yeah, you got me there, too.
But, I can't endorse TTT as a serious 'capping tool, since the program deletes viable contenders, instead of finding a way to rate them.
good luck
-NCG☮

these are the only horses a TTT user was able to 'cap in the 6th

Attached Images
File Type: jpg aq 6th.JPG (23.1 KB, 409 views)

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 01-03-2016 at 07:17 AM.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2016, 07:52 AM   #66
Dr Gonzo
Bluesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
One final word about THEE TOP THREE--then I'm done with it.
I've only used TTT for one card at Gulfstream and it was a free sample from the author. I noticed the same "missing contender" problem on that card.

TTT is a nice, reasonably priced program but I couldn't recommend it for serious handicapping.

Fortunately, the author will provide you with a free sample report at the date and track of your choosing. You can then decide if buying the program would benefit you.

Doc
Old 01-03-2016, 08:23 AM   #67
incoming

The TTT owner told me that 3 pace lines from a North American track was necessary to receive a ranking in TTT. Seems reasonable to me using a mechanical system and the factors he has chosen to model.
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2016, 02:41 PM   #68
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by incoming
The TTT owner told me that 3 pace lines from a North American track was necessary to receive a ranking in TTT. Seems reasonable to me using a mechanical system and the factors he has chosen to model.
All software must have enough data to form a model for the race.
Just use TTT on races where there is enough data to model all the horses in the race.

As with any software, just use it on the races it's good at.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2016, 08:25 PM   #69
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Another FINAL Word About TTT

Karma, Mojo, Juju, whatever you want to call the force that governs wagering in general, and horseracing in particular, is something we must acknowledge, know of it's existence, daily.
For example...you make a ridiculous bet....and quickly lose. You tilt-out and chase that bad bet with an even worse bet---wagering karma will absolutely NOT bail you out. You are owed nothing. When you DO get that miracle hit from out of nowhere...it's not really karma. It's SERENDIPITY--look it up

Anyway...my final point about TTT...here I was saying the program wasn't really useful for horizontals--since it doesn't rate any horses that havent run at todays distance.
Okay...here's where the Karma part comes in. I played the LATE pick-4 in the RDSS contest today--once again the program didn't provide picks for the 6th race. I had been using TTT top 2, top prime if different, and my own selection...but today I shut the program down, used other 'capping methods.

One race--the 8th--had a longshot winner 14 Daisy Cutter $30.80
and separated the winners from also rans. Unfortunately I was not a winner. 6th race was easily picked by conventional 'capping, 7th no sweat, 9th every Jets fan Staten Island had it....that only left the 8th with any mystery.--- Karma anyone? *1st col TTT rating--*2nd ML--*3rd col Prime Power

Attached Images
File Type: jpg AQ 8TH TTT TOP RATED.JPG (38.5 KB, 358 views)
Old 01-03-2016, 10:07 PM   #70
lawmaker1

You gave such a rave review at first for TTT that I ordered it. Now, a few days later, you are practically calling it worthless? Do I just add to my pile of worthless software programs?
lawmaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2016, 02:19 PM   #71
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmaker1
You gave such a rave review at first for TTT that I ordered it. Now, a few days later, you are practically calling it worthless? Do I just add to my pile of worthless software programs?
I wouldn't just toss it yet. Just track it for a while and compare it to what you are using now. See what program gives you the most winners or the most winners in their top 3 selections and compare ROI. Also try his bet bet and spot play methods. I find it most efficient for spot play methods.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2016, 03:54 PM   #72
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Karma, Mojo, Juju, whatever you want to call the force that governs wagering in general, and horseracing in particular, is something we must acknowledge, know of it's existence, daily.
For example...you make a ridiculous bet....and quickly lose. You tilt-out and chase that bad bet with an even worse bet---wagering karma will absolutely NOT bail you out. You are owed nothing. When you DO get that miracle hit from out of nowhere...it's not really karma. It's SERENDIPITY--look it up

Anyway...my final point about TTT...here I was saying the program wasn't really useful for horizontals--since it doesn't rate any horses that havent run at todays distance.
Okay...here's where the Karma part comes in. I played the LATE pick-4 in the RDSS contest today--once again the program didn't provide picks for the 6th race. I had been using TTT top 2, top prime if different, and my own selection...but today I shut the program down, used other 'capping methods.

One race--the 8th--had a longshot winner 14 Daisy Cutter $30.80
and separated the winners from also rans. Unfortunately I was not a winner. 6th race was easily picked by conventional 'capping, 7th no sweat, 9th every Jets fan Staten Island had it....that only left the 8th with any mystery.--- Karma anyone? *1st col TTT rating--*2nd ML--*3rd col Prime Power

I spent a good deal of time over the holidays working on improving class.
I currently use 2 class figs. one for J/T , one for the Horse. The 14 was a top class horse. Most of the bombs I'm seeing are in the top 4 in my class categories. Speed/Pace didn't look at. I'll try to post my class picks, my son and I are debating what are the cutoff odds, 8-1,15-1, just be patient and go fishing.

as far as the 2-1/3-1 choices I can get that at Hialeah and Los Al quarter horses all day long.

one more thing this is a sucker's game IF.... what is the win percentage of horse with odds between 1-5 and 1-1? I would bet extremely low yet everyday you see it. Put 2 bombs together on top a exacta/trifecta/superfecta.

Last edited by ebcorde; 01-04-2016 at 04:06 PM.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2016, 05:39 PM   #73
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmaker1
Really an immature response, "lawmaker"....you're already placing blame, and haven't really even tried the damn thing yet? Who did you blame your pile of worthless software programs on?
Did you even bother to read my last post?

Green80...earlier in the review--you asked me what my ROI with the program is....you've appointed yourself software expert, dispensing knowledge to the reviewer, and crybabies alike-----what's your ROI? What distances/class/levels does this program perform best at? Are horses rated on top by a large gap really good, solid wagers? Have you really actually profited from the program? If I order this program, I should make money then......that's what you're saying, right?

Just giving you a sample of what it's like to do something simple---like review a horseracing software program, green80. I've done them before, but not in this format--I wrote the review--and that was that. I took no questions, answered no comments, let the "experts" (who refused to ever review anything themselves) ---dictate the way the review should have been.
The next review will be in this format. It's for a prog a member "upthecreek" mentioned, called "INCLOVER". It costs $10 more than TTT.

-Check it out, and review it if you'd care to.

Sorry if I wasn't very friendly--

-NCG
Old 01-04-2016, 07:23 PM   #74
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Really an immature response, "lawmaker"....you're already placing blame, and haven't really even tried the damn thing yet? Who did you blame your pile of worthless software programs on?
Did you even bother to read my last post?

Green80...earlier in the review--you asked me what my ROI with the program is....you've appointed yourself software expert, dispensing knowledge to the reviewer, and crybabies alike-----what's your ROI? What distances/class/levels does this program perform best at? Are horses rated on top by a large gap really good, solid wagers? Have you really actually profited from the program? If I order this program, I should make money then......that's what you're saying, right?

Just giving you a sample of what it's like to do something simple---like review a horseracing software program, green80. I've done them before, but not in this format--I wrote the review--and that was that. I took no questions, answered no comments, let the "experts" (who refused to ever review anything themselves) ---dictate the way the review should have been.
The next review will be in this format. It's for a prog a member "upthecreek" mentioned, called "INCLOVER". It costs $10 more than TTT.

-Check it out, and review it if you'd care to.

Sorry if I wasn't very friendly--

-NCG
yo , NorCal? Did you check out thorograph? they were free 12/26-12/31. did nothing for me.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2016, 08:44 PM   #75
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcorde
yo , NorCal? Did you check out thorograph? they were free 12/26-12/31. did nothing for me.
I did, eb....they aren't something you can just glance at, are they? I didn't really have the time to get into it, probably like yourself.
Those that have spent the time--swear by thorograph. Guess it's a matter of commiting to a handicapping program, aid, style, niche, etc