Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 12-19-2017, 12:43 PM   #211
HoofedInTheChest

The holiday season is upon us, which means the NHL’s annual holiday roster freeze is here. On Dec. 19 at 11:59 p.m. ET, the NHL will officially “freeze” rosters until 12:01 a.m. on Dec. 28, marking an eight-day span.

This week-long roster freeze is a system built into the NHL’s collective bargaining agreement. During this time, no NHL team can trade or move a player in an agreement that requires waivers.

There are exceptions to the rule. Players in a team’s AHL system can be recalled to fill a hole in their team, allowing teams to keep a healthy roster during the freeze. Free agents can be signed during the freeze and any player placed on waivers before the freeze and is claimed after must report to their new team.
HoofedInTheChest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2017, 01:11 PM   #212
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest View Post
Islanders Belmont plans unveiled including hotel, retail and community center.

The Islanders’ proposal includes an 18,000-seat, year-round arena that would host 150 events annually, as well as 435,000 square feet of space for retail, a hotel with 200 to 250 rooms, and a 10,000 square-foot “innovation center” that would be developed with input from residents.

NYCFC, a professional soccer team partially owned by the Yankees, is calling for a 26,000-seat open-air stadium in addition to 400,000 square-feet of space for retail, a 5.2-acre community park and a 2-acre soccer facility.

https://www.lighthousehockey.com/201...-station-hotel
Belmont Park in New York will be the home of a new arena for the New York Islanders.

According to a report by Jim Baumbach of Newsday, the team's bid has been selected as the winner to develop the land, located just outside New York City.

Re Barclays Center opt-out, now the 1/30 deadline means nothing. Of course they're opting out. The date that matters is 1/1 - that's when negotiating window on amending the lease (aka new short term deal) closes. They could always extend the window, too. But that's the next date.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:11 PM   #213
HoofedInTheChest

Marner must be reading my posts, when you drive the net good things will happen. Welcome back Mitchy!

JVR is the raccoon of goal scorers.

Old 12-19-2017, 03:36 PM   #214
MutuelClerk

Maybe night games are past his normal bedtime. Saw a great movie today. Recorded game or so i thought. MY HD is messed up. Didn't record, missed the first period. Figures. Four by us, one by them. Watching in low def now.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2017, 04:20 PM   #215
ldiatone

Defenseman Jamie Oleksiak was traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins by the Dallas Stars on Tuesday for conditional fourth-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft.

Oleksiak (6-foot-7, 255 pounds) was the Stars' first-round selection (No. 14) in the 2011 NHL Draft. The 24-year-old has three points (one goal, two assists) in 21 games this season and 22 points (seven goals, 15 assists) in 140 NHL games, all with Dallas.

The Stars will receive the better of Pittsburgh's own fourth-round pick or a choice acquired from the Minnesota Wild.

AND
The Arizona Coyotes acquired forward Josh Archibald, goaltender Sean Maguire and a sixth-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft in a trade with the Pittsburgh Penguins for goaltender Michael Leighton and a fourth-round pick in 2019 on Tuesday.

Archibald, 25, has no points in three games for the Penguins this season. He had three goals in 10 games with Pittsburgh last season and was scoreless in four games during the Stanley Cup Playoffs. The three goals are his only points in 14 NHL games. He was Pittsburgh's sixth-round pick (No. 174) in the 2011 draft.

Maguire, 24, was Pittsburgh's fourth-round pick (No. 113) in the 2012 draft and signed with the Penguins on April 6, 2016, after playing four seasons at Boston University. He has split the past two seasons between Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pittsburgh's American Hockey League affiliate, and Wheeling of the ECHL.

yinz know anything about these players?

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2017, 05:44 AM   #216
judd

I thought (pens) getting a goalie was strange
Old 12-20-2017, 03:24 PM   #217
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by judd View Post
I thought (pens) getting a goalie was strange
A few opposing executives on Pittsburgh’s trades for Michael Leighton and Jamie Oleksiak: “The tip of the iceberg.”

The two trades the Penguins made yesterday were of the minor variety, but their impact could be as setup moves for the future. If Oleksiak can show progress and promise, it’s almost certainly going to clear the path for Rutherford to trade a defenseman.

Ian Cole has been in trade rumors lately and is clearly not a favorite of coach Mike Sullivan. In fact, based on practice lines today, it appears Cole will be a scratch tomorrow night against Columbus with Oleksiak getting into the lineup for his Penguins debut.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:53 PM   #218
ldiatone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest View Post
A few opposing executives on Pittsburgh’s trades for Michael Leighton and Jamie Oleksiak: “The tip of the iceberg.”

The two trades the Penguins made yesterday were of the minor variety, but their impact could be as setup moves for the future. If Oleksiak can show progress and promise, it’s almost certainly going to clear the path for Rutherford to trade a defenseman.

Ian Cole has been in trade rumors lately and is clearly not a favorite of coach Mike Sullivan. In fact, based on practice lines today, it appears Cole will be a scratch tomorrow night against Columbus with Oleksiak getting into the lineup for his Penguins debut.
yes true.

Old 12-20-2017, 11:22 PM   #219
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Went Tuesday night to Dallas and saw my Caps beat the Stars in OT. Sat directly behind the penalty box. Feel like Tom Wilson and I are BFFs now. He has wonderful hair, by the way.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2017, 11:32 PM   #220
MutuelClerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Went Tuesday night to Dallas and saw my Caps beat the Stars in OT. Sat directly behind the penalty box. Feel like Tom Wilson and I are BFFs now. He has wonderful hair, by the way.
Wilson is a great kid. I've always rooted for him. Seems like he's finally coming on.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-21-2017, 12:44 AM   #221
ldiatone

Quote:

Old 12-21-2017, 05:27 AM   #222
judd

Idiatone, Miss the Burgh ??
Old 12-21-2017, 01:02 PM   #223
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk View Post
Wilson is a great kid. I've always rooted for him.
We have a turncoat amongst us.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:43 PM   #224
ldiatone

Quote:

Old 12-21-2017, 01:45 PM   #225
ldiatone

Quote:
Originally Posted by judd View Post
Idiatone, Miss the Burgh ??
hey how ya doin? not to much. not the weather! nice 95% of the time out here! a bit windy. thanks!