Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 06-25-2017, 01:15 PM   #1
Teach

Belmont: Sunday, June 25

Race One:

LIGHTNING BUZZ needed his last after a one- year layoff. Class edge over most of these. Should be on the improve.

BIG PLAY was second at this level in his last. Any slight improvement...

ROSSIE VAL romped at a higher level in his last. Cannot be ignored off that performance.

Race Two:

OLD UPSTART draws in as an MTO. Should be tough to beat in this race that's being run on the main. Easily won his last. Picks up Irad Ortiz, Jr.

PAID ADMISSION is another MTO who will benefit from the race being taken off the lawn. Has faced better in past. David Jacobson does well when going sprint to route.

TAOISEACH is the final MTO to draw in. This colt has competed well at this level. My only caveat is the two-month layoff.

Race Three:

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT is dropping to a level (DRF calls it "suspicious") where he should have it all his own way. Rudy Rodriguez does exceptionally well with both first off a claim and drop off a claim categories.

ROCKFORD moves into the Robertino Diodoro barn off his 3rd place finish against slightly weaker. Everything Diodoro touches has been turning to gold. Can't be ignored, but prefers moisture.

SIR BOND Finished second against better in his last. He's another horse who would prefer moisture. Yet, he can't be ignored in this field, esp. with the services of Irad Ortiz, Jr.

Race Four:

VICI is stretching out a panel in this lawn sprint. He comes off a 5th place finish in the Mighty Beau at Churchill. Should see improvement.

ANYTIME ANYPLACE should be most competitive in this field. He's trained by the hot-as-a-firecracker, Robertino Diodoro and ridden by Angel Arroyo.

CHANGEWILLDOYOUGOOD draws an improved starting and the services of Joel Rosario. A sharp 4-panel work signals readiness.

Race Five:

DRIVING ME CRAZY was leading in his last against better but folded in the stretch. He's now in the Jason Servis barn. That switch may work wonders. Servis does well in most racing categories.

LYRICAL MIRACLE was second in this company in his last. He now gains the services of Jose Ortiz. That's a big plus.

YOU KNOW I KNOW is most capable of being part. This 8 year-old won his last in this company, albeit at seven furlongs.

Race Six:

MAJESTIC LASSIE won his last against slightly better. Any repeat of that effort and she'll once again be there at the wire.

MADAM AAMOURA has faced better in recent races. She's been hitting the tote with regularity. This class drop may be a prescription for a trip to the winner's circle.

CATS HALO has been competitive at this level. She cannot be ignored.

Race Seven:

LADY JOAN is eligible to improve with second off a layoff; she was beaten by weaker in last. Her trainer, Phil Serpe, does well with horses entered in non-graded stakes.

PAZ THE BOURBON looks like the filly to beat in this lawn sprint. Trainer Mark Hennig does well in 2nd off a layoff races.

DREAMY MARGARITA broke her maiden in her last; she is moving up. Yet, I believe she cannot be ignored.

Race Eight:

MILO MILO has shipped up from GP after racing in Argentina. He's never raced on the grass; yet his pedigree says he should handle it. Worth a look.

SLIM SHADEY has some excellent turf speed ratings and the services of trainer Jason Servis. That combination alone makes him quite cfompetitive.

MILLS won his last at this level. Trainer David Cannizzo does extremely well with claim repeaters.

Race Nine:

ARDMORE BAY is my longshot pick of the day in this turf sprint. Is this the race that trainer Tom Morley gets "off the schneid"? Dons blinkers and adds the services of Johnny V.

CRAWDADDY broke his maiden in his last for the red-hot Jeremiah Englehart. Can surprise and be competitive here.

BAVARO tries the lawn for the first time. Yet, he does have the degree of turf pedigree that could make him a player here.

Race Ten:

CIAO BELLA MIA makes the significant class drop from an MSW to a 40k claimer. That just might be the kind of drop that makes this filly most competitive.

WEEKEND HOTTIE is most competitive at this level. Irad Ortiz, Jr. reprises the ride for David Donk.

THIN DRESS draws the hedge and should be a competitor in this field.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2017, 01:28 PM   #2
BCOURTNEY

Race 1
CONDO KING
SPOTTY ZEALOUS
BCOURTNEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: