Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-14-2017, 06:21 PM   #61
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
This is what Lynch actually said:
"It has been people, individuals who have banded together, ordinary people who simply saw what needed to be done and came together and supported those ideals who have made the difference. They’ve marched, they’ve bled and yes, some of them died. This is hard. Every good thing is. We have done this before. We can do this again."

Apparently, you understand nothing about grammar. "They've marched, they've bled and yes, some have died" are all past tense. They refer to events which occurred during the Civil Rights marches of the sixties. And Lynch is referring to events in which the protesters were not the perpetrators of violence; they were the victims.

Lynch is saying in order to achieve justice, people may have to march again and if they do, it is possible that they will once again be the victims of violence directed against them.

There may have been rare instances of violence by protesters. There have been far more instances of institutional violence against protesters.
Your the biggest lying joke I've ever seen, go protest in Berkeley.....please.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2017, 06:35 PM   #62
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
We have done this before. We can do this again.
mostie, what part of this don't you understand?
Old 06-14-2017, 07:13 PM   #63
JustRalph
Just another Facist

The video

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/1...dgkinson-video
Old 06-14-2017, 07:37 PM   #64
JustRalph
Just another Facist

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2017-06-14.html

Coulter tells it .........

The hate map
http://www.vdare.com/posts/amren-com...ump-supporters
Old 06-14-2017, 07:55 PM   #65
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Great artwork

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5B95E3DB-CB8E-4F97-A81D-16690A249B94.jpg (468.1 KB, 27 views)
Old 06-14-2017, 11:56 PM   #66
fast4522

Another crackpot goes crazy, one more to the Democrat column.
This one a Bernie baby, why is it every madman that goes crazy with a gun are life long democrats?
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 09:07 AM   #67
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Great artwork
Indeed. Their hypocrisy never, ever can be topped...not even by Republicans.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 09:32 AM   #68
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Indeed. Their hypocrisy never, ever can be topped...not even by Republicans.
It can be topped however by the editorial board of the NY Times. First it compares this shooting to the Gabby Giffords shooting "incited" by Sarah Palin, then it says that this shooting does not have the direct political incitement as in the Giffords shooting.

For those with short memories, investigations into the Giffords shooting proved with great detail that the shooter had zero political motivation and was just plain nuts.

Quote:
Was this attack evidence of how vicious American politics has become? Probably. In 2011, when Jared Lee Loughner opened fire in a supermarket parking lot, grievously wounding Representative Gabby Giffords and killing six people, including a 9-year-old girl, the link to political incitement was clear. Before the shooting, Sarah Palin’s political action committee circulated a map of targeted electoral districts that put Ms. Giffords and 19 other Democrats under stylized cross hairs.

Conservatives and right-wing media were quick on Wednesday to demand forceful condemnation of hate speech and crimes by anti-Trump liberals. They’re right. Though there’s no sign of incitement as direct as in the Giffords attack, liberals should of course hold themselves to the same standard of decency that they ask of the right.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/14/opinion/steve-scalise-congress-shot-alexandria-virginia.html?_r=0
Old 06-15-2017, 12:12 PM   #69
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
I thought Bernie supporters were about peace, love and granola?
'Everyone has a right to free granola!'
Steve 'StatMan' is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 12:35 PM   #70
Clocker

The liberal stupidity about gun control has already started.

David Frum, who writes for The Atlantic, cites Virginia's lax gun control laws as part of the problem. He says that Virginia has no background checks (background checks for sales by licensed dealers is a universal federal law).

But horror of horrors, Virginia does not require a permit for concealed carry of long guns!

P.S. Since the shooter was an Illinois resident, Virginia's laws, except on concealed carry within the state, are generally not relevant.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...led-carry-of-/
Old 06-15-2017, 01:39 PM   #71
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Loretta Lynch spoke on this in March, remember mostie!
She called for blood on the streets, This is on her.
Obama started it ALL with his sneaky, subliminal, inflammatory, emotion-baiting rhetoric throughout most of his presidency:

"I don't have all the facts, but...the Cambridge Police acted stupidly." With someone saying: "Barack Obama, the shot heard 'round the world."

“I think it is fair to say we will see more tension between police and communities this month, next month, next year, for quite some time.” Barack Obama, expecting and willing the worst, was he?

Both are statements of purely racial manipulation, and just about all of his subliminal-permission-to-violence has escalated from there, with Hillary Clinton and Loretta Lynch, more recently, doubling down!

Naiveté (maybe worse)...thy name is "Liberal."
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 02:06 PM   #72
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Obama started it ALL with his sneaky, subliminal, inflammatory, emotion-baiting rhetoric throughout most of his presidency:

"I don't have all the facts, but...the Cambridge Police acted stupidly." With someone saying: "Barack Obama, the shot heard 'round the world."

“I think it is fair to say we will see more tension between police and communities this month, next month, next year, for quite some time.”
This started the anti-police 'movement' IMO.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 02:23 PM   #73
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
This started the anti-police 'movement' IMO.
You mean it wasn't that N.W.A. song?
Old 06-15-2017, 02:40 PM   #74
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I've changed my mind.

I don't think this shooter yesterday was some insane nutcase. I don't think it was case of senseless violence.

I think yesterday's shooting was anything but senseless. He traveled to Washington DC with a clear purpose in mind. A laser-focused goal. He waited for weeks, apparently, to carry out his "vigilantism."

He was a guy who was apparently down on his luck, and VERY anti-Conservative, anti-Republican, anti-Trump, and VERY pro-liberal, pro-Democrat, pro-Sanders.

So he thought he'd do something at the end of his life that might show the rest of the world what needs to be done to right the wrongs (in his belief system) that have been done to all those people "crushed under Republican/Trump fascism." We saw the signs he held at those protests. We read his social media ideas. We read the multitude of letters he wrote to newspapers.

The Mayor of Alexandria Virginia was on TV last night. He was saying how he would see this guy every day for a few weeks at the local YMCA. On his laptop. Obviously trolling the internet in chat rooms like this, on Twitter, Facebook, whatever...getting his daily dose of leftist propaganda. The Mayor said he saw no indication that this guy was crazy or unhinged.

Because he wasn't. Not everyone who murders someone is insane. They are evil, heartless, a sociopath....but not insane, necessarily.

So no, I don't think this was senseless violence (this wasn't some random act, these people were picked for a very specific reason), nor do I think this guy was insane. He soaked up all these far-left talking points and decided to take what he saw as appropriate action in the only way that he felt he could to make a difference for his cause.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 06-15-2017 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:01 PM   #75
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I've changed my mind.

I don't think this shooter yesterday was some insane nutcase. I don't think it was case of senseless violence.

I think yesterday's shooting was anything but senseless. He traveled to Washington DC with a clear purpose in mind. A laser-focused goal. He waited for weeks, apparently, to carry out his "vigilantism."

He was a guy who was apparently down on his luck, and VERY anti-Conservative, anti-Republican, anti-Trump, and VERY pro-liberal, pro-Democrat, pro-Sanders.

So he thought he'd do something at the end of his life that might show the rest of the world what needs to be done to right the wrongs (in his belief system) that have been done to all those people "crushed under Republican/Trump fascism." We saw the signs he held at those protests. We read his social media ideas. We read the multitude of letters he wrote to newspapers.

The Mayor of Alexandria Virginia was on TV last night. He was saying how he would see this guy every day for a few weeks at the local YMCA. On his laptop. Obviously trolling the internet in chat rooms like this, on Twitter, Facebook, whatever...getting his daily dose of leftist propaganda. The Mayor said he saw no indication that this guy was crazy or unhinged.

Because he wasn't. Not everyone who murders someone is insane. They are evil, heartless, a sociopath....but not insane, necessarily.

So no, I don't think this was senseless violence (this wasn't some random act, these people were picked for a very specific reason), nor do I think this guy was insane. He soaked up all these far-left talking points and decided to take what he saw as appropriate action in the only way that he felt he could to make a difference for his cause.
He was not insane. His deliberate actions bear out his lucidity. He embraced violence as a solution, just like the fascists, calling themselves Anitfa. Lucid belief that violence is the correct response to people who disagree with them.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply