Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapper's Corner

Old 06-04-2017, 09:07 PM   #1
TheOracle

Knowing when to play L Rice @BEL -- for now!!!

As of April 30th 2015 up to May 19th 2017 LRice's Claimers have won 12 of their last 23 starts when their Morning Line has been less than 3-1 at Belmont.

Per $2 win wager you are getting a 34% return so far with her horses in this situation

Interesting to note that 9 of the 12 wins have come on the Dirt in which case you are getting a 20% return per $2 win wager!!!

In addition, her horses have won 4 of their last 4 Claiming races on the Dirt going 1 Mile or better when their Morning Line has been less than 3-1

I will be keeping a watchful eye on her Claimers in this situation at Belmont!!
TheOracle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2017, 11:44 AM   #2
TheOracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
As of April 30th 2015 up to May 19th 2017 LRice's Claimers have won 12 of their last 23 starts when their Morning Line has been less than 3-1 at Belmont.

Per $2 win wager you are getting a 34% return so far with her horses in this situation

Interesting to note that 9 of the 12 wins have come on the Dirt in which case you are getting a 20% return per $2 win wager!!!

In addition, her horses have won 4 of their last 4 Claiming races on the Dirt going 1 Mile or better when their Morning Line has been less than 3-1

I will be keeping a watchful eye on her Claimers in this situation at Belmont!!

L Rice has this Claimer on the Dirt going at 1 Mile and Morning Line is less than 3-1 today at Belmont

4th race
#3 Going Strong

Let's see if she can get 5 wins in a row going back to September 13, 2015 in this situation!!!
Old 06-30-2017, 11:35 PM   #3
Appy

She had an impressive 21.00 MD winner at 8.5F on the turf in the Bel 9th today, didn't she?
Nice to have a program that ranks trainers for the conditions of today's race. If memory serves she was 2nd ranked for this one, J Ort aboard.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:52 PM   #4
TheOracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appy View Post
She had an impressive 21.00 MD winner at 8.5F on the turf in the Bel 9th today, didn't she?
Nice to have a program that ranks trainers for the conditions of today's race. If memory serves she was 2nd ranked for this one, J Ort aboard.
Hey Appy,

You are right on the button

If you played all of her horses today to win you made 141% on your money per $2 win wager!!!

I wasn't keeping track of her Maiden Claimers I was just looking at her when her horses were less than 3-1 in the Morning Line but the $21 number was a great score if you had it in your list of wagers for the day!!

Nice job if you had that one today!!!
Old 07-01-2017, 12:03 AM   #5
TheOracle

Quote:
L Rice has this Claimer on the Dirt going at 1 Mile and Morning Line is less than 3-1 today at Belmont

4th race
#3 Going Strong

Let's see if she can get 5 wins in a row going back to September 13, 2015 in this situation!!!
Well we rode the L Rice train and it stopped on a winner today as #3 Going Strong got the win for her which now makes 5 wins in a row for her Claimers on the Dirt going 1 Mile or better when their Morning Line has been less than 3-1 at Belmont

She now has 5 back to back wins since September 13, 2015 in this situation if she keeps this up I will have to do a win parlay!!!

Congratulations to those who saw the play and were able to make a profit!!!

Last edited by TheOracle; 07-01-2017 at 12:05 AM.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:25 PM   #6
TheOracle

Quote:
Well we rode the L Rice train and it stopped on a winner today as #3 Going Strong got the win for her which now makes 5 wins in a row for her Claimers on the Dirt going 1 Mile or better when their Morning Line has been less than 3-1 at Belmont

She now has 5 back to back wins since September 13, 2015 in this situation if she keeps this up I will have to do a win parlay!!!

Congratulations to those who saw the play and were able to make a profit!!!
L Rice's horses have been giving a 44% profit per $2 win wager since May 15th, 2014 whenever their Morning Line has been less than 3-1 on the Dirt going 1 Mile or better!!!

Over a Fast surface her horses are 12 for 18 winning at 66% for the above situation including 2 back to back wins!!!

I will definitely be on the watch for her horses whenever their Morning Line has been less than 3-1 on the Dirt going 1 Mile or better for the remainder of the Belmont season!!!

Hopefully she will have 1 or 2 more wins in this situation!!!
Old 07-11-2017, 04:56 PM   #7
AltonKelsey
Veteran

I see a $19 winner, that might well have been part of a scratched entry.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2017, 07:33 PM   #8
TheOracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
I see a $19 winner, that might well have been part of a scratched entry.
Hey Alton

Let me check that

It seems to check out according to the chart from Equibase First Bid won and paid $19

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbP...AY=D&STYLE=EQB

I don't know how they let a 2/1 Morning Line pay $19

Last edited by TheOracle; 07-11-2017 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:04 PM   #9
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Ok, I knew it had to be something as 2-1 ML rarely if ever pay $19 on their own.

Race came off the turf. So clearly the ML was for turf and maybe the horse looked like it couldn't handle dirt. Wrong!
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2017, 10:28 PM   #10
TheOracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
Ok, I knew it had to be something as 2-1 ML rarely if ever pay $19 on their own.

Race came off the turf. So clearly the ML was for turf and maybe the horse looked like it couldn't handle dirt. Wrong!
Hey Alton,

Great catch, yes I guess as it was off the Turf and people got burned going with something else now it makes sense