Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 11-29-2016, 07:31 PM   #46
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk
NBC broadcasting the rest of the Leafs-Oilers game is great. I doubt they are actually there live. They'll just take the feed from probably TSN and bore us in between periods with their takes ( Milbury is horrible).

I would think Lucic and others will be after Kadri tonight.
I don’t think Kadri will be an issue tonight, the Oilers have the last change which will leave Babs scrambling for the right match-ups.

The real match-up tonight will be McDavid vs Reilly/Zeitsev. If McDavid happens to be out there against the Polak/Hunwick tandem, we are doomed!

There is elite speed, and then there is McDavid speed, the Leafs 2nd and 3rd defence pairings don’t have the horsepower to deal with McDavid, and i think McLellan will try to exploit those particular pairings. That and the Leafs suck the big one on the road.
HoofedInTheChest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2016, 07:44 PM   #47
MutuelClerk

Good point about last change. I'm not really sold on Reilly or Gardiner. Zeitsev has been pretty impressive for a rookie. Actually I like both our Russians a lot. Soshnikov plays with grit. You're right Hoofed, if Nylander played like this kid instead of just relying on god given abilities he'd be a very special player. It may come eventually Nylander is still very young. As of now he likes that cross ice pass from Matthews on the PP that seems to be his major contribution this season.

I remember the last time the Leafs and Oilers played, my favorite moment from that game was Connor Brown next to McDavid in the faceoff circle. Good friends from juniors and the smiles on their faces showed they appreciated being in the NHL. GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2016, 08:30 PM   #48
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Good point about last change. I'm not really sold on Reilly or Gardiner. Zeitsev has been pretty impressive for a rookie. Actually I like both our Russians a lot. Soshnikov plays with grit. You're right Hoofed, if Nylander played like this kid instead of just relying on god given abilities he'd be a very special player. It may come eventually Nylander is still very young. As of now he likes that cross ice pass from Matthews on the PP that seems to be his major contribution this season.

I remember the last time the Leafs and Oilers played, my favorite moment from that game was Connor Brown next to McDavid in the faceoff circle. Good friends from juniors and the smiles on their faces showed they appreciated being in the NHL. GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I’m with you on Gardiner, i can’t stand his decision making and his lateral movement drives me nuts, but his advanced stats are impressive. I still want him gone though.....

I love Reilly, but i have come to the conclusion that he is a second pairing defenseman. The Leafs need 2 elite shut down defenseman on the top pairing, how they get those d-men is the million dollar question.

Fortunately for us, there is a massive log jam of wingers in the organization, and i believe some wingers will be moved for a defenseman or 2. Peter Holland is about to be traded or put on waivers, along with all the vets that are playing on the Marlies, mind you the vets are scrubs for the most part.

Kapanen and Leipsic have been lighting up the AHL this season, and deserve to be promoted to the big club, unfortunately there is no room for them. We have some good assets to trade with on the front end, but i don’t think the organization wants to part with any of the youngsters. That leaves guys like JVR, Bozak, Kadri, Komarov and a few others as trade assets, seeing that the team is still 2 years away from being competitive, and the older players will be past their prime.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:15 PM   #49
woodtoo

McDavid vs Sheiffele in Winnipeg top 2 NHL scoring leaders.

Patrik Laine leading rookie scorer with 13goal, 6 assist
Brian little making his second start since injury. Perreaut returns

HelleB on top of his game in net.....Jets by 2.

Last edited by woodtoo; 12-01-2016 at 07:16 PM.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2016, 10:42 PM   #50
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo
...Jets by 2.
Nope.
Oilers 6, Jets 3
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2016, 01:24 PM   #51
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
Nope.
Oilers 6, Jets 3
Not there best game. Even when losing watching Patrik Laine is a joy.
16 goals and 7 assists if he picks up the pace even a little (or with Littles'help)
would love to see him contend for Selannes record 76 goals in 1992-93.
Jets handed Chicago a 4-0 drubbing recently and face them this evening in Chicago. Go Jets.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:05 PM   #52
HoofedInTheChest

After placing Enroth on waivers today, the Leafs have added yet another player to the long list of players they are paying to not play. It will be nice when this organization is free and clear from the past regimes mistakes.

Karri Ramo has been conveniently rehabbing an injury with the Leafs without a SPC, it amazes me the NHL or the PA hasn't come calling with some of the questionable CBA manouvers the Leafs have pulled off.

Damn, i just ordered my Enroth jersey, said no one ever.

Horton - 5.3
Cowen - 650K
Lupul - 5.25
Robidas - 3.0
Greening - 1.7
Laich - 3.55
Michalek - 3.05
Enroth - 750K
Holland - 1.3
Kessel - 1.2
Gleason - 1.33
Old 12-06-2016, 06:59 PM   #53
woodtoo

Wow how can they afford to pay two teams.
Jets pay O Pavelec, but at least he plays for the Manitoba Moose

Last edited by woodtoo; 12-06-2016 at 07:05 PM.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:42 AM   #54
HoofedInTheChest

Come one, come all to Lou Lamoriello’s goalie emporium and discount winger shoppe, we're always ready to make a deal.

We’ve got a lightly used Holland! Never taken out by Babs except on weekends!
Josh "International Man of Injury Mystery" Lievo!
Buy two goalies, we’ll throw in a third one free!

And There’’s More!

You want veteran leadership, we’ve got veteran leadership to burn! We’ve got so much veteran leadership, we’ve had to stash them in the minors and not play them to preserve their value!

And That’s Not All!

For customers not faint of heart, do you dare sample the wares on Robidas Island? We can’t tell you what’s wrong with them, but they were good once. Some say its a gypsy curse, some say they ran afoul of the dark lord, some say they got hernias moving their wads of cash. Who knows?

Disclaimer: All products sold "as is". All sales final.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:21 PM   #55
HoofedInTheChest

Peter Holland was traded to Arizona for a conditional draft pick. This is welcome news in that it free's up some much needed cap space as well as opening up a roster spot for Josh Leivo. The Leafs were carrying (illegally) 24 players on a 23 man roster, you can only bullsh*t the league for so long with a bogus IR claim. As well, the cap space this free's up is beneficial due to many of our rookies destined to hit their performance bonuses this season.

An arbitrator sided with the Leafs earlier this week in the case of Jhared Cowen, he was healthy enough to be bought out last summer. More cap relief.....

In other news, Connor McDavid and Carey Price absolutely snapped last night, there's only so much you can take before you start drifting someone with your blocker, good for them, i love it.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:34 PM   #56
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoofed
In other news, Connor McDavid
1. Brandon Manning never bothered to even send a get well card to McDavid last year after McDavid's collar bone was injured.

2. Don Cherry thought the injury was deliberate, but McDavid didn't.

3. Last night Manning chirped something at McDavid regarding the injury, most probably with the intent of getting under his skin.

4. Whatever Manning said infuriated McDavid, who then went on to get a goal and an assist. (What else is new?)

5. After the game McDavid said that Manning admitted intentionally wanting to injure him.
I doubt that Manning really wanted to injure McDavid, but he chirped words to that effect.

6. Later Manning denied saying that and said that the injury occurred when they lost a skate edge.

7. McDavid has to learn to ignore such lesser skilled, and lesser intelligent chirpers- or others in the league will get under his skin too.

https://www.nhl.com/news/connor-mcda...im/c-284531398
Old 12-09-2016, 04:52 PM   #57
HoofedInTheChest

If there was still fighting in the game, players would stop taking liberties with the marquee talent. Nobody fears any retribution after the fact and most benches don't have a knuckler on hand to take care of these a-holes, and this will just escalate over time.

I said a couple of years ago that stickwork will become a problem when fighting is removed, and it has. If i had a dollar for every time i've seen someone slash a player over the hands, i'd be well off. I don't understand how the zebras are letting this go, you slash the stick, it gets called, you slash the hand, it's kosher..... figure that one out.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:42 PM   #58
MutuelClerk

Patrick Laine is quite the marksmen.

Even on his own net.

Oops.

What an odd play.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2016, 05:04 PM   #59
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Patrick Laine is quite the marksmen.

Even on his own net.

Oops.

What an odd play.
Careful there Mutuel, Jets fans are uber-sensitive.

They actually think a winger can be compared to a centreman....
Old 12-12-2016, 05:10 PM   #60
Greyfox

At this point, except for that goof last night, Laine is ahead of Matthews for rookie of the year in most circles.
Laine did say last spring that he should be drafted #1.