Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-24-2022, 02:47 PM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Remember when they told you natural immunity wasn't actually a thing?

"Medical professionals" in the media...certain people here in off-topic...lots of folks would chastise you if you brought up natural immunity...even if you recovered from COVID, YOU MUST BE VACCINATED!!!

Remember that?

Well guess what...turns out it was a FUCKING LIE...of course...many of us knew that already.

Here is Leana Wen in the Washington Post the other day. Many will remember her from her many TV appearances telling you how you MUST get the vaccine...no matter what!

She's a doctor. A simple physician actually. Not a virologist or anything like that. But for some reason, she was all over CNN during the pandemic as some sort of expert.

Quote:
She has served as a public health communicator during the COVID-19 pandemic and 2022 monkeypox outbreak, appearing frequently on CNN as an on-air medical analyst.[14][15][16] Wen was asked to testify four times to Congress during the COVID-19 pandemic, including twice to the Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis.[17] Wen's evolving views on the COVID-19 pandemic have garnered support and controversy from both sides of the political spectrum.[18][19][20][21][22] A Texas man pleaded guilty to threatening her due to her advocacy for COVID-19 vaccines and was sentenced in federal court to six months in prison.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leana_Wen

Why am I posting this? Because this is what she wrote in the Washington Post the other day:

Quote:
It’s crucial to discuss immunity from infection, because abundant research shows natural immunity conveys excellent protection against covid. One Centers for Disease Control and Prevention study found that vaccinated people who never had covid were at least three times as likely to be infected as unvaccinated people with prior infection. And a Lancet study found that those who were vaccinated but never had covid were four times as likely to have severe illness resulting in hospitalization or death compared to the unvaccinated who recovered from it.

Protection from natural immunity also wanes at a slower rate than from vaccination. A recent large Israeli study published in the New England Journal of Medicine compared two groups of people: one that had been vaccinated and never had covid before, and another that never received vaccines but had recently recovered from covid. The results are striking: Two months after their shots, members of the first group had twice the number of infections as the second. And after six months, the first group’s infection rate was nearly three times higher than the second’s.
WOW. Really? You don't say.

https://archive.ph/GNusQ#selection-495.101-543.25 <--non paywall link to WaPo article

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-24-2022 at 03:16 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2022, 02:51 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

All those here on off-topic who pushed back hard at those who dared even mention NATURAL IMMUNITY can now go FUCK THEMSELVES with ZERO LUBE.

You are CUCKS, SHILLS, & SMOOTH-BRAINED IDIOTS of the HIGHEST ORDER

You have ZERO functioning braincells and you serve the BEAST that is the lying mainstream media that serves BIG PHARMA and whatever other evil agendas lurk in the shadows...promoting this mega-gaslighting that natural immunity was suddenly NOT a thing during COVID.

That those who got sick and recovered must STILL get VACCINATED because....SCIENCE!!! LMAO

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-24-2022 at 02:53 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2022, 03:04 PM   #3
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
"Medical professionals" in the media...certain people here in off-topic...lots of folks would chastise you if you brought up natural immunity...even if you recovered from COVID, YOU MUST BE VACCINATED!!!

Remember that?

Well guess what...turns out it was a FUCKING LIE...of course...many of us knew that already.

Here is Leana Wen in the Washington Post the other day. Many will remember her from her many TV appearances telling you how you MUST get the vaccine...no matter what!

She's a doctor. A simple physician actually. Not a virologist or anything like that. But for some reason, she was all over CNN during the pandemic as some sort of expert.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leana_Wen

Why am I posting this? Because this is what she wrote in the Washington Post the other day:

WOW. Really? You don't say.

https://archive.ph/GNusQ#selection-495.101-543.25 <--non paywall link
Even WHO was in on this scam! I recall posting a couple of years ago about a few whistleblowing doctors at that pathetic, laughingstock of a organization and how they literally changed long-held definitions of various words and phrases associated with infectious diseases, and one of those was "natural immunity". If memory serves, they even went so far to say, essentially, that there was no such thing any longer! Or that the vaccines (so-called) were actually far superior, rendering natural immunity obsolete.

It still amazes me to this day how many gullible people are out there that swallowed all these lies hook, line and sinker.
Old 12-24-2022, 03:17 PM   #4
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Imagine all the people whose lives were ruined because they caught COVID, recovered, refused to be vaccinated, and were FIRED from their jobs as a result.

Imagine.
Old 12-24-2022, 04:16 PM   #5
oughtoh

My doctor was pushing the shot which I didn't take. Got covid, recovered and got tested at my next blood test. It confirmed that I had covid and had anti bodies. Went to Dr for my appt, when she read my blood results asked if I took the shoot and I told her no. She said that I was one of the smart ones. Drs just make me mad. Goes from being mad I didn't take it to you did the right thing.
oughtoh is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2022, 04:59 PM   #6
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
She and countless others like her willfully ignored pretty much everything discovered about the human immune system over the past 150 years.

Instead, they decided to parrot "narrative" and "talking points."

Did this effort to vilify the rest of us make them feel superior in some way?

Imo, if so, that's pathetic.

Especially given what was and still is at stake.

Everywhere I look (more so in Europe than here in the US but recently it's started playing out here in the US as well) I see more and more like her trying to distance themselves from what they said and did.

If any of them think the rest of us are going to conveniently forget what they said and did methinks they are in for a rude awakening.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 12-24-2022 at 05:08 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2022, 05:08 PM   #7
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
She and countless others like her willfully ignored pretty much everything discovered about the human immune system over the past 150 years.

Instead, they decided to parrot "narrative" and "talking points."

I wonder if this effort to vilify the rest of us made them feel superior in some way.

Everywhere I look (more so in Europe than here in the US but recently it's started playing out here in the US as well) I see more and more like her trying to distance themselves from what they said and did.

If any of them think the rest of us are going to conveniently forget what they said and did methinks they are in for a rude awakening.

-jp
This is why "climate change" has returned with a vengeance. The left needs to keep the anxiety and fear levels high of the general populace, no matter what.
Old 12-24-2022, 08:18 PM   #8
tbwinner

They will claim they never said those things.

Meanwhile people are getting their 5th shots and contracting Covid more than the unvaccinated recovered.

Are there stories of unvaccinated recovered that have had a reinfection? Because I haven't seen any. I had Covid January 2021 and not since....
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2022, 08:22 PM   #9
tbwinner

What about the winter of severe illness and death for the unvaccinated??!!!

Remember that bullshit from the HIGHEST ELECTED OFFICIAL of our great country!???

They will save it was never supposed to prevent infection(FALSE...they claimed 100% efficacy). People will say "AT LEAST I'M NOT DEAD" as they take their 5th shot and deal with side effects.

What if, it wasn't that deadly to begin with? And the variants declined in severity as it spread? As science says should happen. The vaccine is nothing more than placebo...with the side effects which vary greatly.

Remember the people DROPPING DEAD in the streets in China at the beginning?
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2022, 08:24 PM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

45yo UFC hall of famer died a few days ago from "heart problems" (posted in another thread)

Wonder if he was vaccinated?
Old 12-25-2022, 09:02 AM   #11
DanBoals

Quote:
Imagine all the people whose lives were ruined because they caught COVID, recovered, refused to be vaccinated, and were FIRED from their jobs as a result.

Imagine.

Pfizer made something like $37 billion off the Covid shot in 2021 alone.

Fauci and a lot of other government officials supposedly got stock options worth millions, which with any luck, will come out in the House investigations in the next year or two.

This was big business and big money, of course they pushed it.

I watched one nurse on TV that got fired after working through the early days of the pandemic in NYC. She said that the reason she and other coworkers refused the vaccine was that she saw her peers who had natural immunity get the shot, and then get sick. No one would talk to them about it or address their concerns. Anyone who has even the slightest training in what a virus is knows that natural immunity is better than a vaccine.

Here in the US, there was zero transparency about the shot or its side effects. Those with nothing to hide, hide nothing. The censorship scared me away from it. I finally caught Omicron last July, it was annoying but survivable and I am 55 and in poor health.

It seems like at this point, everyone, whether they got the shot or not, has caught Covid at least once at this point. Hopefully the whole thing will calm down now.
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2022, 09:09 AM   #12
classhandicapper

Quote:

Imagine.
That was the thing that got me the angriest of all.

The left believes in the “noble lie”

That means, if you have an agenda that you think is in the best interests of society, it’s OK to lie through your teeth to get people to behave the way you want them to.

Of course, their arrogance doesn’t allow them to even question whether they are correct about what’s in the best interests of society or whether imposing their will on others is good or evil. And in typical leftist fashion they are rarely right and still don’t understand why it is evil unless someone tries to do it to them.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 12-25-2022 at 09:10 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2022, 09:16 AM   #13
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
This is why "climate change" has returned with a vengeance. The left needs to keep the anxiety and fear levels high of the general populace, no matter what.
I’m not a scientist but the way the world works now I know can’t trust them anymore because they are just as human as the rest of us. They are worried about jobs, funding, career, prizes etc… They know they have to follow the approved narrative or they are out.

So even though I’m personally on the fence about what exactly is going on, I’m 100% sure climate change is NOT the issue they are making it out to be. Standard left wing policy is to exaggerate and lie in order to change the politics and move people in their direction. So whatever they saying, it’s either mostly bullshit or half bullshit.
Old 12-25-2022, 09:58 AM   #14
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I’m not a scientist but the way the world works now I know can’t trust them anymore because they are just as human as the rest of us. They are worried about jobs, funding, career, prizes etc… They know they have to follow the approved narrative or they are out.

So even though I’m personally on the fence about what exactly is going on, I’m 100% sure climate change is NOT the issue they are making it out to be. Standard left wing policy is to exaggerate and lie in order to change the politics and move people in their direction. So whatever they saying, it’s either mostly bullshit or half bullshit.
Bascially, CH, just five things need to be remembered about this world from a biblical perspective: a.) it's going to end one day; b.) past world empires in the bible are portrayed as beasts; c.) there will rise up, yet, one more "beast" worse than all the others who will seek total world dominion; d.) the "god of this world" (Satan) has the entire [unbelieving] world under his power; and e.) man is not trustworthy.

Just connect the dots.
Old 12-25-2022, 10:12 AM   #15
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Bascially, CH, just five things need to be remembered about this world from a biblical perspective: a.) it's going to end one day; b.) past world empires in the bible are portrayed as beasts; c.) there will rise up, yet, one more "beast" worse than all the others who will seek total world dominion; d.) the "god of this world" (Satan) has the entire [unbelieving] world under his power; and e.) man is not trustworthy.

Just connect the dots.
It’s funny…. or actually not so funny, but I am also beginning to see what’s going on in the world as a battle between good and evil and not just all good people with different priorities and solutions to common problems the way I used to. When I used to view it the latter way, that’s what it was. We’d debate tax rates, solutions to poverty, healthcare, education, foreign policy and how to allocate our resources. That’s not what’s going on now. Now it’s about the Godless totalitarian society where the left gets to dictate the morals and behaviors of all vs. one that believes in religious freedom, free markets, freedom of speech, intrinsic natural law etc.. IMO, that’s good vs evil.