Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-13-2017, 08:14 AM   #346
Fager Fan
Veteran

I'm glad he lost. Now the scandal will go away and not be something we keep hearing about.

I wasn't into watching this race the way many others were, and somewhat withheld opinion on Moore, at least regarding the women allegations. But he looked like such a buffoon on his horse that my opinion of buffoon was solidified, and so I'm good with the buffoon not winning.

Last edited by Fager Fan; 12-13-2017 at 08:17 AM.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2017, 08:22 AM   #347
elysiantraveller

out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
I'm glad he lost. Now the scandal will go away and not be something we keep hearing about.

I wasn't into watching this race the way many others were, and somewhat withheld opinion on Moore, at least regarding the women allegations. But he looked like such a buffoon on his horse that my opinion of buffoon was solidified, and so I'm good with the buffoon not winning.
Agreed but we all know el presidente is a sucker for a man on a horse...

^^

Gotta admit that was funny.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-15-2017 at 11:28 AM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2017, 09:08 AM   #348
upthecreek

Voter Fraud?

upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2017, 09:12 AM   #349
Clocker

Quote:
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
The reason I originally endorsed Luther Strange (and his numbers went up mightily), is that I said Roy Moore will not be able to win the General Election. I was right! Roy worked hard but the deck was stacked against him!
Stacked by reality?
Old 12-13-2017, 09:17 AM   #350
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek View Post
Voter Fraud?
No. Anyone with any knowledge of politics knows that voter turnout in special elections or primaries is always much lower than in a general election.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:24 AM   #351
MutuelClerk

Maybe you should thank me.

Al Franken.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2017, 09:49 AM   #352
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Isn't supporting candidates not put forth by the major parties all part of "draining the swamp"?
That is how Trump won.
OK, the people have spoken.
What's the big deal?

You guys are buying the UpChuck Todd spin that this is he turning point?
Moore was not supported by his own party, so this is not the death knell by any means.

When Danny-boy stops doing sommer salts, please tell him to take a chill pill and tell him not to worry, we will not be looking for 22K RUSSIANS!
Old 12-13-2017, 09:51 AM   #353
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk View Post
Maybe you should thank me.

Al Franken.

BTW, Danny.....will you call for Al to step down, or is it OK when dems do it?
Old 12-13-2017, 09:54 AM   #354
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
There was a write-in campaign organized by Republicans. If that is what beat him, Moore is responsible for creating a situation where Alabama Republicans found it necessary to voice a protest to his candidacy. They wanted to make a positive statement against Moore rather than vote Democratic or not vote at all.
Like McCain - to Hell with the people they represent.
The GOP has now done what the RUSSIANS did not.

Bottom line, is what is one more democrat vote with worthless repubs like these in office?
Old 12-13-2017, 09:57 AM   #355
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Preliminary numbers indicate that GOP turn-out was less than normal, and Dem turn-out was greater than normal, especially among blacks. Jones is a former US Attorney.
Mind boggling tidbit, clocker, considering the dems not only support the KKK, they elect them to represent them!!!!
Old 12-13-2017, 10:20 AM   #356
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
BTW, Danny.....will you call for Al to step down, or is it OK when dems do it?
Yes, even tho Al has already announced he is stepping down, I do plan to call for it. Probably after Christmas.

Also in my plans, calling for Nixon to resign.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2017, 10:26 AM   #357
stuball

Question lol

He looked like that was his first time riding a horse....LOL Whoa How the hell do you steer this this --- oh turn left you hold the reins way out to the left and pull hard..oh no right now..reach way out and pull hard now I got it ...what a buffoon !!!!! Poor horse must be totally confused...that's why he lost had nothing to do with charges....horsemanship minus 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post

stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2017, 11:06 AM   #358
_______
Veteran

I wonder if Steve Bannon backs off any from his promise to run candidates against every Republican incumbant in 2018 or if it’s still full speed ahead.

I think Democrats are reasonably looking at the possibility of picking up addition seats that would otherwise be in the unwinnable column if he’s still determined to burn the party down.

Christine O’Donnell in Delaware, Sharron Angle in Nevada, and Todd Aiken in Missouri were terrible candidates that cost the GOP easily obtainable victories in the past. But those were all in states that ranged from somewhat blue to purple.

There were literally hundreds if not thousands of GOP candidates in Alabama that would have wiped the floor with Doug Jones and probably only Roy Moore that could make it a competitive race.

Off years elections are tough on the party occupying the White House regardless of other factors. Add in the potential for a raft of bad candidates and multiply it by an unpopular President and you begin to see why Democrats are rooting for Steve Bannon.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2017, 11:10 AM   #359
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
I wonder if Steve Bannon backs off any from his promise to run candidates against every Republican incumbant in 2018 or if it’s still full speed ahead.

I think Democrats are reasonably looking at the possibility of picking up addition seats that would otherwise be in the unwinnable column if he’s still determined to burn the party down.

Christine O’Donnell in Delaware, Sharron Angle in Nevada, and Todd Aiken in Missouri were terrible candidates that cost the GOP easily obtainable victories in the past. But those were all in states that ranged from somewhat blue to purple.

There were literally hundreds if not thousands of GOP candidates in Alabama that would have wiped the floor with Doug Jones and probably only Roy Moore that could make it a competitive race.

Off years elections are tough on the party occupying the White House regardless of other factors. Add in the potential for a raft of bad candidates and multiply it by an unpopular President and you begin to see why Democrats are rooting for Steve Bannon.
Richard Mourdock...

The Past Repeats...
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2017, 11:19 AM   #360
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
He may have learned a lesson about supporting weak candidates and be more selective in the future, but I'd guess he is going to continue his war against the GOPe. And against the Democratic wing of the Trump White House (Jared Kushner and friends).