Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 01:16 PM   #10546
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
We all have
Oh, how I love your answer. You justify your lies by unwittingly reminding us of the UNIVERSAL TRUTH that all men are liars (Ps 116:11; Jer 9:45; Rom 3:4).

Could it be possible that this little "factoid", to which you have now publicly confessed, account for the universal Law of Distrust?

Quote:
You are the only Mr. Perfect around here and are egotistically
and constantly reminding us.
I am perfect...in Christ. Thanks be to God!
Old 04-03-2019, 01:59 PM   #10547
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Hey....you could be one of God's chosen ones, but you choose to persist in making the biggest mistake in your life. Two of them in fact! You won't believe and you once acknowledged that you can't believe, but you also have chosen to not call out to go to God help you with your unbelief.
I don't want to just "believe" in the 'Truth'. If it's actually the "Truth"...then I should actually by able to verify it through my own experience. The Buddha insisted that no one should "believe" even a single thing that he taught. G. I. Gurdjieff, who called his teaching "Esoteric Christianity", said the same thing. "Verify...verify"...he used to say.

You've been brainwashed, Boxcar...and you are now inadvertently brainwashing others. Jesus didn't come here so he could be declared a "Lord", and placed on a throne. He wasn't in search of mere "believers"...he was looking for FOLLOWERS...who dared to walk in his footsteps. But the Christian Church recognized what an arduous task that would be, so they affixed Jesus as a "Lord" sitting on a golden throne...and reduced his "followers" to the role of beggars...who pleaded to their "Lord" for their 'Heavenly Life'. No longer does the Christian have to "pick up his own cross and follow Jesus"...as Jesus himself instructed. Today's Christian only has to accept Jesus as his "Lord"...and all else will be provided for him automatically. Why should today's Christian pick up his own cross and follow Jesus...when he could abide by Christianity's new motto: "Believe and you are in!".
Old 04-03-2019, 02:06 PM   #10548
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I don't want to just "believe" in the 'Truth'. If it's actually the "Truth"...then I should actually by able to verify it through my own experience. The Buddha insisted that no one should "believe" even a single thing that he taught. G. I. Gurdjieff, who called his teaching "Esoteric Christianity", said the same thing. "Verify...verify"...he used to say.

You've been brainwashed, Boxcar...and you are now inadvertently brainwashing others. Jesus didn't come here so he could be declared a "Lord", and placed on a throne. He wasn't in search of mere "believers"...he was looking for FOLLOWERS...who dared to walk in his footsteps. But the Christian Church recognized what an arduous task that would be, so they affixed Jesus as a "Lord" sitting on a golden throne...and reduced his "followers" to the role of beggars...who pleaded to their "Lord" for their 'Heavenly Life'. No longer does the Christian have to "pick up his own cross and follow Jesus"...as Jesus himself instructed. Today's Christian only has to accept Jesus as his "Lord"...and all else will be provided for him automatically. Why should today's Christian pick up his own cross and follow Jesus...when he could abide by Christianity's new motto: "Believe and you are in!".
As the Good Book says,

1 Cor 12:3b
...and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.
NASB

See...you have just verified a truth for me.

And by the way, Jesus rightfully accepted the title "Lord" from his disciples on multiple occasions. . Pretty egotistical of him, heh?
Old 04-03-2019, 02:25 PM   #10549
thaskalos

Quote:
And by the way, Jesus rightfully accepted the title "Lord" from his disciples on multiple occasions. . Pretty egotistical of him, heh?
Jesus also washed the feet of his disciples on "multiple occasions"...a distinctly "unLord-like" thing to do. But this doesn't suit your agenda...so, you never mention it.

Peddle your wares to someone else, Boxcar...I am onto you. You are selling snake-oil...and I want no part of it.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:30 PM   #10550
hcap

Quote:
Oh, how I love your answer. You justify your lies by unwittingly reminding us of the UNIVERSAL TRUTH that all men are liars (Ps 116:11; Jer 9:45; Rom 3:4).

Could it be possible that this little "factoid", to which you have now publicly confessed, account for the universal Law of Distrust?

I am perfect...in Christ. Thanks be to God!
We all lie but all liars are not "totally depraved".

As I told you earlier Mr Perfect, stay away from logic

Perfect in Christ and you fail in getting even a glimmer of what the mustard seed parable means.

And you insist his poppa god, thinks it's just to murder parents' children, (and farm animals), because as you so stupidly told me, those parents are not "good tenants" in god's properties here on earth.

Sure you are perfect in deluding yourself

Last edited by hcap; 04-03-2019 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:09 PM   #10551
Light
Veteran

Quote:
The reason I'm special, as are all God's elect...
When you love to hate, hate becomes your definition of love. Similarly:

When you look at God as an egotistical being who favors some and not others,such as your "God's elect", Ego becomes your God.

Ego is the source of Hell.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:23 PM   #10552
boxcar

Quote:
Jesus also washed the feet of his disciples on "multiple occasions"...a distinctly "unLord-like" thing to do. But this doesn't suit your agenda...so, you never mention it.

Peddle your wares to someone else, Boxcar...I am onto you. You are selling snake-oil...and I want no part of it.
I have explained this in the past. In His First Advent, Jesus didn't come in his preexistent divine glory, but rather he humbled himself as a lowly servant to become the sacrificial Lamb of God so that he could atone for the sins of God's people. Read about this in Philippians 4. Going to the Cross was also a "distinctly 'unLord-like" thing to do. I most certainly have talked about the Kenosis of Christ. But this doesn't detract from who he was/is in his essence -- fully Man, fully God.

But when he returns to judge the world, it won't be as his Father's lowly suffering servant, but rather as Lord of lords and King of kings in all his divine glory.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:33 PM   #10553
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
When you love to hate, hate becomes your definition of love. Similarly:

When you look at God as an egotistical being who favors some and not others,such as your "God's elect", Ego becomes your God.

Ego is the source of Hell.
Because you look at God as something you have made into your own image -- a figment of your own carnal imagination -- perhaps as some cosmic Santa Claus type who just loves everyone to death no matter what -- you and your ego will spend all eternity in hell unless you repent and come to your senses.

The doctrine of election is taught everywhere in the bible, but because you don't have the Holy Spirit within you, you cannot believe God, anymore than Thask can confess (and mean it!) that Jesus Christ is Lord. Likewise, it's impossible for you to trust God's Word because all your faculties are corrupted by your sin nature.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:36 PM   #10554
boxcar

Quote:
Then why can we not not lie? Why can we not not sin in any way, shape or form?
Old 04-03-2019, 05:40 PM   #10555
thaskalos

Quote:
Because we were created "human"?
Old 04-03-2019, 08:17 PM   #10556
boxcar

Quote:
Because we were created "human"?
But man WAS created upright but he has sought out many devices (Eccl 7:29).

Also, after the work of creation was completed, God beheld his work and thought it to be very good (Gen 1:31).
Old 04-03-2019, 08:58 PM   #10557
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Well....at least you believe something in scripture. Congratulations. This is the good news. The bad news, though, is that the passage pertains only to things of this world that "under the sun", which doesn't include divine revelation. But you deserve an "e" for effort.
I was going to write something meaty and then I asked WWJD? You have yourself a good night.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:05 AM   #10558
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcao
Or “If a is equal to b and b is equal to c, then a is equal to c.”

Right bunky?

As I said avoid logic at all costs
Old 04-04-2019, 11:13 AM   #10559
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
I was going to write something meaty and then I asked WWJD? You have yourself a good night.
Oh...please, feel free. Perhaps you'll actually say something that will challenge me for change.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:16 AM   #10560
boxcar

Quote:
Or “If a is equal to b and b is equal to c, then a is equal to c.”

Right bunky?

As I said avoid logic at all costs
What's the matter, Hcap, you can't see the parallels between man's inability to not lie and his inability to not sin?