Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 09:17 AM   #10501
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
You're confusing our essence for innocence and acts with our nature. The paradox is that children are innocent of any personal wrongdoing because they have no understanding of good and evil; yet one day they will inevitably have that understanding because of their sinful nature.

Children could be likened to the Slow Loris who is cute, furry and cuddly but an adult can inflict one of the most painful bites known in the world.
Duh, your absurd "original sin" doesn't care about "they have no understanding of good and evil". If your god who saddled them with turning into sinners when they become adults, your ridiculous deity is still a murderous vengeful juvenile fool, being omnipotent and omniscient, he is well aware and sets them up to sin and fail only delayed 13 or 14 years later.

Last edited by hcap; 04-02-2019 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:51 AM   #10502
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Duh, your absurd "original sin" doesn't care about "they have no understanding of good and evil". If your god who saddled them with turning into sinners when they become adults, your ridiculous deity is still a murderous vengeful juvenile fool, being omnipotent and omniscient, he is well aware and sets them up to sin and fail only delayed 13 or 14 years later.
God didn't saddle us with anything. We all inherited Adam's sinful nature. Adam saddled us with his inheritance. And this fact provides the only reasonable and rational reason why no human being cannot not sin.

We certainly don't come into the world with a holy, righteous nature; for if we did we'd all be perfectly moral.

Nor do we come into this world in a morally neutral state; for if we did at least half the world, statistically speaking, would be sinners and the other half sinless. Yet, everyone knows that everyone is morally flawed.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:01 PM   #10503
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
I never said said the recording technology is "unreliable and untrustworthy." My thesis is simply that all observation is indirect. You are the one who insists that only direct observation is reliable and trustworthy. You then commit the fallacy of special pleading by claiming that you are exempt from the rules you impose on others, i.e., you admit that no one directly observed theistic creation.
So, if you see someone jump off a station platform into an oncoming speeding train, you should not believe your eyes? Let's say the next day you read in the paper that the parents claim their son (the jumper) was pushed into the oncoming train, even though you had a clear view of him and that isn't what you saw-- nor has any other witness who saw the jumper come forth to affirm the parents' claim? Who would you believe? Or would your brain just shut down because the conflicting info doesn't compute?

And you're lying again. I never said I was exempt from anything, save from the absurd theory of atheistic materialism, since that view is self-refuting.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:53 PM   #10504
Light
Veteran

Quote:
And what I'm destined for is heaven...
You always boast that you are going to Heaven and you always say the rest of us are destined for Hell. Hmmm. Reminds me of:

Ephesians 2:8-9

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should BOAST.

So you are NOT special nor ABOVE anyone. If we believe or don't believe it is God's plan. Eventually all will believe but not on your timetable or anyone esle's timetable who preaches about God. Only on God's time table does one come to him and that is not for you to judge.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:59 PM   #10505
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

I imagine very few people would want to go to heaven if they knew Boxcar was going to be there also.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:32 PM   #10506
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahossdaboss View Post
I imagine very few people would want to go to heaven if they knew Boxcar was going to be there also.
He has so much time on his hands, he's even ventured into the Religious thread.

And you criticize others for spending their lives on here.

Rock on dude...rock on.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:39 PM   #10507
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
He has so much time on his hands, he's even ventured into the Religious thread.

And you criticize others for spending their lives on here.

Rock on dude...rock on.
I guess I’m confused. You always told me you wanted people to post as much as possible.

I guess you want people to post as much as possible as long as it fits the narrative. Duly noted.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:42 PM   #10508
thaskalos

Quote:
I am convinced beyond any doubt that Boxcar will end up in Hell...along with the rest of us. And, with my luck...his cell will probably be right next to mine.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:44 PM   #10509
hcap

Quote:
God didn't saddle us with anything. We all inherited Adam's sinful nature. Adam saddled us with his inheritance. And this fact provides the only reasonable and rational reason why no human being cannot not sin.

We certainly don't come into the world with a holy, righteous nature; for if we did we'd all be perfectly moral.

Nor do we come into this world in a morally neutral state; for if we did at least half the world, statistically speaking, would be sinners and the other half sinless. Yet, everyone knows that everyone is morally flawed.
Especially fundamentalist Evangelicals who buy "ORDINAL SIN"

Old 04-02-2019, 01:44 PM   #10510
thaskalos

Quote:
I guess I’m confused. You always told me you wanted people to post as much as possible.

I guess you want people to post as much as possible as long as it fits the narrative. Duly noted.
Or...perhaps he currently has even more spare time than you do...because he seems to be following you around.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:47 PM   #10511
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Or...perhaps he currently has even more spare time than you do...because he seems to be following you around.
He always does. He’s always trying to prove he can edit me or ban me whenever.

Kind of sad really.

Oh well, this was fun again. Be well Thaskalos.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:53 PM   #10512
thaskalos

Quote:
He always does. He’s always trying to prove he can edit me or ban me whenever.

Kind of sad really.

Oh well, this was fun again. Be well Thaskalos.
Farewell 'Hoss...it was nice seeing you again.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:00 PM   #10513
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
You always boast that you are going to Heaven and you always say the rest of us are destined for Hell. Hmmm. Reminds me of:

Ephesians 2:8-9

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should BOAST.

So you are NOT special nor ABOVE anyone. If we believe or don't believe it is God's plan. Eventually all will believe but not on your timetable or anyone esle's timetable who preaches about God. Only on God's time table does one come to him and that is not for you to judge.
What part of THROUGH FAITH didn't you get? It very much matters if one does or doesn't believe.

Also, while I'm not above anyone, since it wasn't by any act of my will that I was born again; nevertheless, I am very special in God's eyes since he set his affections upon me in eternity, adopted me into his family and predestined me live forever with him and gazzillions of other brothers and sisters in the Lord.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:02 PM   #10514
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Especially fundamentalist Evangelicals who buy "ORDINAL SIN"

Well....we're making progress. Kool. You admit that everyone is morally flawed. Now, how did everyone get that way?
Old 04-02-2019, 02:06 PM   #10515
boxcar

Quote:
The real reason you want nothing do with heaven is because Jesus is LORD there, just as he is here; yet, you can't stand the thought of Him having authority over you here, so how in the world would you be able stand Him for all eternity there?