Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #211
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Does Ralph keep quoting the same image over and over and over again in his replies?

No. But a spammer does.
Did you miss the part about Congressional funding? Maybe I shouldn't use such big words?

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Capper Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #212
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
MSNBC demonstrates how simple it is to enroll for Obamacare.

[YT="Your call is important to us..."]6wCwXew9yGg[/YT]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wCwXew9yGg
They are having problems for one simple reason. They are overwhelmed by the number of people logging on to sign up for this program that everyone hates.
As of 2:30 PM three million people had logged on to the various exchanges.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #213
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper Al
Better yet, it's working without Congressional funding!

Clocker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #214
Capper Al

America is a big country. Implementing any law takes a lot of work and has a lot of holes in it. No child left behind didn't even address special education students, for example. A loyal opposition, which the repubs aren't, should point out these flaws when implementing the law. That's the loyal opposition's role. We should be all workiing together even in disagreement to build a more perfect union. Not sabotaging or rewriting the majority's laws.

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Old 10-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #215
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Funny how your chart says nothing. We know whatever healthcare is used cost are huge and
Going to go up. Without this information your point is meaningless. You should have known that professor! Not a professor.

Anatole France

Old 10-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #216
Clocker

Quote:
Funny how your chart says nothing. We know whatever healthcare is used cost are huge and
Going to go up. Without this information your point is meaningless.
You said "Better yet, it's working without Congressional funding!"

That chart shows that the Congressional Budget Office says that Congressional funding will be $1.6 trillion over 10 years. If $1.6 trillion is nothing to you, you are obviously a Democratic Senator posing as a horse player.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #217
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Look, even if your graph from the Heritage Foundation presented the case accuretly, the point you are missing is long term savings in which the CBO has alredy stated Obamacare was scored in positive territory.

http://www.dotmed.com/news/story/19210

CBO: Health reform to cut deficit by $84 billion
July 25, 2012

Meanwhile

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...t-entitlement/

The Congressional Budget Office, the nonpartisan analytical arm of Congress, has calculated the gross cost of Obamacare’s coverage provisions at approximately $1.8 trillion over the same 10-year period. These costs include spending on increased payments for Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program, subsidies for insurance purchased on the newly created marketplaces, and tax credits for small businesses. (The CBO figure would be $1.2 trillion if you exclude Medicaid and CHIP on the theory that they’re expansions of existing entitlements, rather than new entitlements.)
Old 10-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #218
newtothegame

Quote:
America is a big country. Implementing any law takes a lot of work and has a lot of holes in it. No child left behind didn't even address special education students, for example. A loyal opposition, which the repubs aren't, should point out these flaws when implementing the law. That's the loyal opposition's role. We should be all workiing together even in disagreement to build a more perfect union. Not sabotaging or rewriting the majority's laws.
Maybe you can get this information to the leadership in congress that said NO NEGOTIATIONS,......Whichever party that was....

Until then, here is what I have to say towards working together with you or any other lib who defines working together as taking more of my money....
Blah blah blah.......
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #219
detective

How is it working?

I earn 24,000 dollars a year. Out of that I pay 30 percent in taxes and now they want 452.00 per month for health insurance I am forced to have. It works for who? The rich!!!If I don't buy insurance the IRS taxes me. Sure only 96 dollars the first year but take a look at the IRS tax in the third year?
detective is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #220
ArlJim78

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective
I earn 24,000 dollars a year. Out of that I pay 30 percent in taxes and now they want 452.00 per month for health insurance I am forced to have. It works for who? The rich!!!If I don't buy insurance the IRS taxes me. Sure only 96 dollars the first year but take a look at the IRS tax in the third year?
sorry but the supreme court says the government can force you to buy things whether you want to or not. welcome to the new and improved America.
and who isn't excited to have the IRS now poking around with healthcare, what a great new experience that will be.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #221
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
Look, even if your graph from the Heritage Foundation presented the case accuretly, the point you are missing is long term savings in which the CBO has alredy stated Obamacare was scored in positive territory.
The CBO can only score based on the assumptions Congress gives them. That scoring is based on the assumption that much of the increase in Medicaid spending will be paid for by cuts in Medicare benefits. Everyone in Congress knew that those cuts would never happen, but were put on paper to make the numbers come out where the Dems wanted them.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #222
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective
1. It is not $425. Go to coveredcalifornia.com

2. You're telling us you don't currently have insurance? Do you have sufficient savings to cover a large medical emergency? If not, and you got sick or injured who would pay your bill?

3. If you earn 24,000 and pay 30% you have a fool for a tax preparer.

Last edited by TJDave; 10-01-2013 at 07:47 PM.
TJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2013, 08:05 PM   #223
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Did you hear the idiotic crap O. Hussein said about Apple and glitches?
Guess he is not aware that Apple cannot FORCE you but an I Pad.

What a total moron.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #224
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
They are having problems for one simple reason. They are overwhelmed by the number of people logging on to sign up for this program that everyone hates.
Typical extremist liberal bullshit. Screw over 99% for 1% of the population.

Btw, I have some Liberal friends who are starting to worry about the stories they are hearing. They are becoming more aware and they also have met people who have lost their jobs or cut to part time due to Obamacare. I don't lump all liberals or left leaners in with the group I am responding to here. There are many who are very worried about how this is all going to play out.

Last edited by JustRalph; 10-01-2013 at 08:21 PM.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #225
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
How many are just curious?
Answer - you have freaking idea.

How many are because they have no choice?
Answer - you have no friggin idea.

But that never stopped you,now, did it?