Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-03-2018, 05:14 PM   #91
Fager Fan
Veteran

Oh, and now you're giving me an infraction for challenging you? lol. Just shows your true colors.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2018, 06:50 PM   #92
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
Oh, and now you're giving me an infraction for challenging you? lol. Just shows your true colors.
And now another infraction for posting about you giving me an infraction.

What a child. Why don't you answer the question. What's the rate, CJ?
Old 01-03-2018, 06:58 PM   #93
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Nope, was for insulting me.as I made clear in the message. The second for doing the same via PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2018, 06:59 PM   #94
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
And now another infraction for posting about you giving me an infraction.

What a child. Why don't you answer the question. What's the rate, CJ?
I owe you nothing, particularly when you act like a fool.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:15 PM   #95
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Nope, was for insulting me.as I made clear in the message. The second for doing the same via PM.
My insult was "I call BS." So tell me, CJ, do you give demerits to everyone who says similar here, or just when someone challenges you and ticks you off?

You say you don't allow unverified info here. I've seen you reprimand people and delete posts. Yet you posted unverified info, then refused to give any sort of verification when asked. Did you give yourself any demerits or delete your own post?

You won't answer a very simple question to explain more about what you mean by "fake handle" and some group of players getting a "bargain basement discount." How so? Through a rebate shop, which all tracks bargain with? Is it lower than the rebate shops? If so, what is it? And why do you call GP's handle "fake" when all would be fake except for CA since they all give bargain basement rates to the rebate shops?
Old 01-03-2018, 07:20 PM   #96
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
My insult was "I call BS." So tell me, CJ, do you give demerits to everyone who says similar here, or just when someone challenges you and ticks you off?

You say you don't allow unverified info here. I've seen you reprimand people and delete posts. Yet you posted unverified info, then refused to give any sort of verification when asked. Did you give yourself any demerits or delete your own post?

You won't answer a very simple question to explain more about what you mean by "fake handle" and some group of players getting a "bargain basement discount." How so? Through a rebate shop, which all tracks bargain with? Is it lower than the rebate shops? If so, what is it? And why do you call GP's handle "fake" when all would be fake except for CA since they all give bargain basement rates to the rebate shops?
Maybe other people give you demerits also.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2018, 08:14 PM   #97
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
Maybe other people give you demerits also.
Thanks for giving me demerits although I did not give you any. I was just stating a fact.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:25 PM   #98
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
Thanks for giving me demerits although I did not give you any. I was just stating a fact.
Who are you talking to?

The demerits I'm talking about are the "official" demerits that come in our mailboxes from CJ that count towards banning a person from the site.

I'm not talking about the ranking thing over there by our names, and I didn't give you any "demerit" over there.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:33 PM   #99
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Who are you talking to?

The demerits I'm talking about are the "official" demerits that come in our mailboxes from CJ that count towards banning a person from the site.

I'm not talking about the ranking thing over there by our names, and I didn't give you any "demerit" over there.
I was referring to the idiot who did.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:51 PM   #100
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:

That wasn't the insult. You said I'm lying again, implying not only that I am here and have before. That isn't true and was uncalled for in my opinion. I've been on this board a long time and have never been accused of making stuff up.

I answered your questions the first time. I guess they weren't good enough for you. Too bad, it is all I'm going to say. But you just go on and on and on. I'm under no obligation to answer an anonymous internet poster. If PA thinks I posted something out of line, he'll tell me and that is fine. You? No chance.

Last edited by cj; 01-03-2018 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:05 PM   #101
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
My insult was "I call BS."
I would have given you a "demerit" also. cj doesn't make shit up. And everyone knows who he is, so why in the world WOULD he make things up?

That WAS an idiotic move on your part. Something anonymous posters are want to do...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2018, 09:37 PM   #102
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I would have given you a "demerit" also. cj doesn't make shit up. And everyone knows who he is, so why in the world WOULD he make things up?

That WAS an idiotic move on your part. Something anonymous posters are want to do...
Oh, put a sock in it. And remember you, Mr. PA, called me idiotic.

He most certainly DID make up or lie or whatever one wants to call it when he says it's a "fake" handle. It isn't "fake" handle to take rebate shop handle or otherwise give a discounted signal. It also isn't "fake" handle if Stronach has set up his own rebate shop to undercut CD's and other rebate shops. If CJ wants to demonstrate how it's "fake" then he could do so, but instead leaves an unverified and frankly illogical claim out there, something you don't allow of others.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:59 AM   #103
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Sorry, my bad. It's "wont to do" not want to do...

Surprised some of the know it alls on here were slow to call me out on that one.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2018, 01:53 AM   #104
dilanesp

Quote:
Oh, put a sock in it. And remember you, Mr. PA, called me idiotic.

He most certainly DID make up or lie or whatever one wants to call it when he says it's a "fake" handle. It isn't "fake" handle to take rebate shop handle or otherwise give a discounted signal. It also isn't "fake" handle if Stronach has set up his own rebate shop to undercut CD's and other rebate shops. If CJ wants to demonstrate how it's "fake" then he could do so, but instead leaves an unverified and frankly illogical claim out there, something you don't allow of others.
Fager, this is purely a matter of characterization. There's nothing wrong with arguing that additional handle obtained by hook or by crook isn't fake. CJ disagrees with that opinion. Neither opinion is a "lie".
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2018, 08:43 AM   #105
MonmouthParkJoe

Well this made for an interesting read on a snowy morning here in the northeast.

"Fake" or "inflated", $2 wagered on a race is still $2 wagered on a race and at its most basic level, handle.

Top line its all the same, bottom line is a different story.

A discussion of margins would be more fruitful, but that information is not exactly readily available. A comparison of net revenue margins on handle across race tracks/companies and their respective "blend" would shine some light on things. Not all rebates are created equal and a lot depends on their client mix.
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: